Still worth trying?

Yuukiyun

I love doing daily/weekly challenges on Rayman Legends on the PS4, and since the PS3 has a different challenge schedule I've been thinking about picking it up.

I have a few questions though:

• Are there many people still playing this? I imagine just some top players and a few "regular" ones. Maybe about 1000 a day?
  • Are there many cheaters? Playing against top-level players whom I can't beat is one thing, but competing against cheaters is no fun.
  • How difficult is it to get diamond on challenges? Would you say it's easier or harder than on PS4?

Thank you for your time.

I finished it in December and I didn't see a big difference between the PS3 and the PS4 version which I played until August. I got maybe one diamond cup in each of the versions, but that's probably not representative^^

All in all, I think that if you can do it on PS4, then you can probably do it on PS3 as well. It's not like the Vita version at all, or at least it wasn't four months ago.

• 2 years later...

The ps3 activity is way less than ps4 is

Still, its pretty doable

As for numbers, dailies & weeklies do fairly good, extremes are way tougher though, especially if its a not-so-ordinary (pit lums, murfy lums) challenge

As for 'distance' (as far as you can) you need some good skills in it to get diamond cups (& like... Every challenge again) as for cheaters, only 'pit distance' can be cheated on, & gosh they still love it ? nonetheless if any distances happen on weeklies it gets fairly doable with 'minor effort' (read as: you know what u do, takes up 5 or 10 minutes for a run) I think some 20ish diamond cups can go on these, maybe even in weekends on dailies

On the other hand, the more 'fun' ones (tower, pit & land speed, dojo's) get quite alot of crowd still, yeah, pro's still snag them diamonds but even an occasionally new one can grasp some up, and if coop (with 2 controllers & an additional player) can happen then coop is the way to diamond

If I had a say in it, i'd recommend to start it, as the game gets older it gets longer & harder due to the players quitting whilst more pro's still stick to it, servers wont shut down afaik (except pc, but thats another story) they even re-upped them during a 3-day 'shutdown' where nobody on any consoles could play

As for comparison, ps3 is harder than ps4 (most popular of all) but still way, way, WAY easier than the vita (least popular of all) 

All the other consoles (xbox 1, switch, xbox360, wiiu) are somewhat tugged in between

Hope this helps a bit on ur choice, idk exactly the ps3 player count anymore though since i havent really played it anymore myself this year (controller broke, too lazy to use ps4 controller) 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 3:55 AM, Yuukiyun said:

I love doing daily/weekly challenges on Rayman Legends on the PS4, and since the PS3 has a different challenge schedule I've been thinking about picking it up.

I have a few questions though:

• Are there many people still playing this? I imagine just some top players and a few "regular" ones. Maybe about 1000 a day?
  • Are there many cheaters? Playing against top-level players whom I can't beat is one thing, but competing against cheaters is no fun.
  • How difficult is it to get diamond on challenges? Would you say it's easier or harder than on PS4?

Thank you for your time.

600 - 1500 daily. Sure, 1000 a day sounds fair.

I have no reason to believe any are cheating.  Some are just really good and played their runs a long time to try and hold their diamond cup.

Very difficult to impossible unless you are a pro, harder than PS4.