Question about the online servers?

OnePieceDude

16 minutes ago, OnePieceDude said:

I just found this game in a bargain bin recently but saw that it had online trophies. I really want to start this, but are the online servers down? And if not, how attractive are they?

Servers are up still. Not sure how hard i will be to just randomly find a lobby but it should be easy to find people through a gaming session. The online trophies have people still unlocking them fairly often.

Edited by skateak

Judging by the stats on this website, the trophies are still earn-able and thus the online servers are still up however like most Ps3 games, the online is pretty much dead so boosting seems to be required. I do not own the game however, just judging this by the stats aforementioned. It seems some of the online trophies can be boosted solo and in private match and the rest require 3 players according to this trophy guide : https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/tron-evolution/83107-tron-evolution-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Stats: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/653-tron-evolution/31-hooray-for-our-side - Online trophy earned in both this month and last.

Hope this helps :)

Good luck

• Like 1

Most of the  online can be done with bots (You can even set up 1 vs 1 games with another bot) You will  need 1 other person for the trophies that say 2 or more human players required, but the rest can be done solo. You don't need more than one other person for anything. 

FYI One online trophy is potentially missable, so do it early on: "Level up on the game grid". If you max yourself to level 50 during the campaign, you won't be able to level up online (The game grid)

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/01/2021 at 9:05 PM, ZytHuM- said:

January 2021: the servers are still up, and they're stable.

Thanks for this. I never bothered with this game because by the time I wanted to play it, I figured the online would be dead.

I ended buying it after seeing this comment and managed to get all the online trophies with another player in less than half an hour. Surprised the online is still up on a 10 year old movie tie in game developed by a studio that doesn't exist anymore. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 5:14 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Hello there, are online servers still up as of 01/26/2022?

Servers are still up as of dec 2 2022. and I use it to get the Grindy trophies up. I am happy when this happens cause where other games don’t fix a single trophy to work in a sp game darksiders 2 ps3 for example or close online servers to early sometimes at least with this it has stood the test of time on this console.

Edited by DaivRules

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/10/2023 at 2:01 AM, iXanon said:

FWIW, servers are still online and dandy ?

Yup, just did the online trophies a few minutes ago, online is dead tho, I ended up getting a second copy and use 2 ps3s to get them out the way, was lucky finding a still sealed copy this morning at a yard sale

On 8/20/2023 at 3:07 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

This games online was pretty much DOA. Luckily most can be done with bots. Heck the GFWL version is still online, and that platforms been dead over a decade now, 

I read on how to get the PC version running on a Steam fourm is that the game on PC has GFWL mandatory for saving the game. If you mod it out, you cannot save.