A Busy Month For PlayStation Owners

NefariousDreamer

Hi guys!

Thought i would start up a thread for us to enjoy regarding the usual busy March / April period for PlayStation fans. Last year was a doozy with the likes of Horizon: Zero Dawn gracing our game libraries, but this year it seems as though we are pretty much spoilt for choice with the following games coming out over the next 4-5 weeks:

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - 23rd Mach

Far Cry 5 - March 27th

God Of War - 20th April

First off, I want to explain what it is you get with these games including the DLC etc and then we can all let loose and discuss which ones we the people want to get and what it is we are most excited for. Your hopes / expectations for these games, the trophy lists (as they haven't been released on PSN Profiles yet) and whether anyone has some massive worries etc about any potential grinds that we as the players are going to have to endure to get that glorious little "ping" after completion. I am a huge gaming fan and i for one am super excited with these potential high quality AAA games that are going to be gracing our (4K) screens.

Additionally, I will also be looking at uploading review links (from outside sources).

The first game that is going to be coming out is Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (Friday 23rd March) - The game itself is a separate story to that told in 2012's critically acclaimed Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It is scheduled to have 2 DLC packages in due course, and from playing on the previous title, this game is going to be quite hefty to complete. The artwork (Studio Ghibli) and general style of this fantastic JRPG has always been a big selling point and i for one think that this will be a great purchase to people who want to play casually or go at it like a beast for 100 or so hours.

Trophy List: (Credit PowerPyx)

http://www.powerpyx.com/ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdom-trophy-list-revealed/

The second game is Far Cry 5 (Tuesday 27th March), this will come with 3 story DLC packs 1) Hours of Darkness 2) Dead Living Zombies and 3) Lost on Mars. These sound great and it could be a little bit of an homage to the mad Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Knowing the guys at Ubisoft, it seems like they have chosen a great theme to deal with - Cults in the deep south. The real kicker though in terms of Ubisoft trying to sell the season pass to us is that if you get it, you will also receive the completely remastered edition of Far Cry 3 when that is released in about 2-3 months time. In terms of a deal for a gamer, Ubisoft have done well to include one of their best games for us to enjoy another 45-60 hours on.   

Trophy List: (Credit PowerPyx)

http://www.powerpyx.com/far-cry-5-trophy-list-revealed/

Finally, there is the angriest man on the planet making his comeback to PlayStation. You all know who i mean - Kratos in God of War (Friday 20th April). As things stand, there has been no mention as to whether this game will get any DLC in the future, but irrespective of that, this new game looks as though it's going to give Kratos the refresh that it has needed since the last installment. The theme here is now using Norse mythology so, for me this is a big thumbs up to the developers for moving away from the Greek Mythology we have all been accustomed to over the years. Rumours also have it that if this game is successful then are looking at doing a different theme on each instalment....

Trophy List: (Currently Unavailable)

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at this thread and i look forward to reading / responding to your comments.

Edited by NefariousDreamer
  • Like 1

I'm particularly excited for God of War. I like most of the changes we've seen so far although the armour customization does seem a little weird. I know some people are complaining about the combat and story, but I found the camera to be terrible more often than not during combat sequences throughout the series. As for the story, it looks like it will be more personal and give a new depth to Kratos instead of just seeing him as the angry guy that kills things as brutally as possible. The axe also looks like it will be a nice change from the blades of chaos, although it would be cool for them to reappear at some point in the game. 

I am looking forward to playing FC5, especially the DLCs, but FC games go on sale almost every other week, so I'd rather hold off until the price drops. Ni No Kuni 2 looks great, but I'll hold off on it since I still have other big JRPGs in my backlog to finish like Persona 5 and FFXV.

I plan on getting all 3 of these games that are upcoming but I have a really weird love hate relationship for Far Cry as a series and i'm not sure if it's because i'm so burnt out from the grind of Far Cry Primal. People said it was an enjoyable Plat but man I hated it and to hear that 4 was basically just a reskin I dodged it.   

That being said it looks great.   

The wait for Ni No Kuni 2 is hard, as hard as it was for Monster Hunter World. So far we have had an incredible year, can't wait to see what happens at E3 and this summer. 

I'm slightly interested in Far Cry 5 but won't be getting it cause I've still gotta finish 3 & 4. Other two games OP listed just no.

May/June are the busy months for me with Detroit: Become Human and Vampyr coming out.

• Like 1

Very interested in all games mentioned. A few I will be waiting on until later this year, but I do know that God of War I will be getting probably a month after it’s release. I like to wait on games nowadays to be patched up (for the most part), de-bugged, and glitch free as much as possible. 

@madbuk I haven't included Yakuza 6 for the sole reason of me never having played it. Whether it's through ignorance or not i'm not sure. 

@FeralGood shout on Detroit: Being Human and Vampyr. Games look interesting. Hope they live up to the hype.

@Darkconda What are your thoughts on the remastered version of FC3 being included on the Season Pass?

As the embargo is now up for reviews. Here is one from IGN and Games Radar regarding Ni No Kuni II:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/03/19/ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdom-review

https://www.gamesradar.com/ni-no-kuni-2-review/

• Like 1

Just now, NefariousDreamer said:

@Dav9834 they did and they didn't. They have changed their business model, and don't have their name directly associated with the game, but they did have staffers doing the character design.

Article from Kotaku below:

https://kotaku.com/why-studio-ghibli-isnt-involved-with-ni-no-kuni-ii-1818613463

Ahh ok I remember there being something about it. Thnx! 

Not that busy month for me because I'm not gonna get any of those games at launch or at all. God of War is on my purchase list, but maybe later. Not the biggest fan of the series so no need to get it immediately. May and June are going to be much more interesting for me thanks to Detroit and Vampyr.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:55 AM, NefariousDreamer said:

@Feral I really looking forward to playing FC3 all over again seeing it is my favorite of the series..

@Darkconda What are your thoughts on the remastered version of FC3 being included on the Season Pass?

Edited by Darkconda

I rarely buy games Day one anymore due to the backlog situation but aim to pick FC5 and GOW up at some point however I’m some way behind in both of those series. That’s not to say it won’t be a busy March/April mainly getting through other backlog stuff and anything I pick up in the latest sale

On 21/03/2018 at 3:14 AM, Cor-kins said:

I plan on getting all 3 of these games that are upcoming but I have a really weird love hate relationship for Far Cry as a series and i'm not sure if it's because i'm so burnt out from the grind of Far Cry Primal. People said it was an enjoyable Plat but man I hated it and to hear that 4 was basically just a reskin I dodged it.   

That being said it looks great.   

The wait for Ni No Kuni 2 is hard, as hard as it was for Monster Hunter World. So far we have had an incredible year, can't wait to see what happens at E3 and this summer. 

I'd recommend picking up 4 if it was ever on sale. Primal came after 4 and it's the reskin. 4's the original. Plat is less frustrating as well. Pagan Min is one of the best villains I've ever come up against. It's practically the only game where I wanted to side with him rather than the "good guys". So yeah, it's worth playing.

On the other hand I'm looking forwards to all 3! Picked up Ni No Kuni today but haven't started it yet, as I began with A Way Out.

Every month is a busy month for me with my ever growing backlog lol. I did however preorder Far cry 5 (my first of the series not counting primal). God of War is around the corner and I'm definitely looking forward to that. After GoW I'm hoping to resist buying some of the new titles coming out this year for a while until I clear a significant portion of my older games.

• Like 1