Good PS4 games with awful trophy sets.

AloneBert-

I opened Shadow of the Colossus for myself only now, in 2018, heard so many times about that game but for some reason missed it on PS2 (though had PS2 11 years ago).

That game is really amazing and today I decided to check changes from PS2-PS3 version. As well I checked old PS3 trophy list and I really happy how Bluepoint Games changed trophy set.

Getting all shiny lizards and eating all fruits (AS WELL AS POISIONED FRUITS which DOESN'T HAVE ANY LOGIC at ALL) is just ridiculous. In order to get max stamina you can collect lizards or beat more colossus and second way is much better so basically these 2 collectibles trophies is just useless idea, no fun, no advantages at all.

PS4 version have trophy for eating poisoned fruit in special garden which reduce your health bar instead of increasing but that's only ONE fruit. PS3 version want you to eat all poisioned fruits... this is so silly.

So I can add Shadow of the Colossus PS3 version to bad examples though this game was a revolution when it was released on PS2.

From the other side PS4 version trophy set is much more better and really brings more fun to great game!

1. Battlefield Hardline: One of the main trophies, "Menz in the Hood", is quite grindy if you do it legit but it's not that bad. The 4 trophies that killed it for people was the Criminal Activity DLC where it requires a total of 40K kills over the 4 different classes. I haven't started that grind just yet but eventually I'm going to try and do all the 40k kills.

2. Beach Buggy Racing (US Version): It's a fun game to play, however, it gets very repetitive over time. The main trophy that is a night mare is Trans-Siberian Railway. You have to drive 9289 KM. I believed I've put 25-30 hours in the game and am only at 52%. If anyone does buy this game please get the EU version. They patched it where you only have to drive around 2.3K-3.5K KM which is a much easier way to go! 

3. Grand Theft Auto V:  I started collecting the trophies and actively seeking them a while back for the game. When I was playing and getting the collectibles it was pretty fun exploring the new areas. However, I foresee online getting to 100 a night mare and I was having an issue with the Close Shave where I couldn't fly between one of those buildings doing the Knife Flight which made me frustrated so I ended up stopping and moving on to another game. Eventually I'll have to return and face it

4. Red Dead Redemption: I haven't started the official hunt for trophies just yet but getting all the MP trophies on a dead community and a glitched/Bug MP

5. Mortal Kombat 9: My Kung Fu is stronger trophy, gaining mastery on all fighters!

Kingdom Hearts : Birth By Sleep : Do you enjoy killing the same enemies over and over again to farm commands, doing boring minigames and fighting against poorly-designed impossible bosse ? If your answer is "yes", then this is the game for you, for you have to repeat each of the aforementioned tasks three times.

Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions : This game was extremely fun and a bit challenging. I had a blast going through the whole trophy list, except for one trophy : Gatherer. Why did they have to include a grind that's 20+ hours long in a skill-based game?

Grand Theft Auto : Vice City : Take the Cannoli. Enough said.

• 1 month later...

The latest Thief game. I managed to plat it eventually after around 90 hours. The grind to go back and get all the treasures and then spend a certain amount in a store, followed by a points run (customising difficulty up to a certain number of points) was just a complete ball ache. Still though, once it was done - I WAS DONE! never again. (He says, even though it is on his XMB on his "To Do"list for my current profile)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2454-thief

As far as the games I played are concerned I can list two of them:

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and Tekken 7!

In my opinion, these are two great games with "weak" trophy lists, that do not explore the potential of these games. These two trophy lists are too easy and could perfectly more challenging, but still enjoyable.

There are a couple of games that come to my mind:

S1e91e7.png Call of Duty: Black OPS III: All because of this one particular trophy: 21Sc2d5f3.png Personal Decorator. This trophy tasks you with doing multiple things throughout the campaign. Below are a few that'll drive some people (like myself) insane:

• Complete the Campaign on the Realistic difficulty setting.
  • Complete every mission in the game at least once on Veteran without restarting from a checkpoint.
  • Complete all Accolades for all Missions.

Sfb4f67.png Everybody's Golf: For 2S56b468.png VS Master, you will need to defeat all the non-secret VS Characters in the game. The problem is, that, after reaching Rank 7, you will be tasked to take on their "revenge" variant. The issue with that is there are 18 total and only one spawns per day. Real-time day; and if you fail to defeat them in a match, then they disappear and you cannot challenge them again for the day.

Also, for 3Sd71dfb.png Secret Master, you will be tasked to, essentially, make 3 condors (hole-in-one on a Par 5) to unlock one of the Secret VS Characters. Condors aren't really simple and will require a ton of pre-planning and luck to grab.

S398d69.png Rayman Legends51S5f1691.png Truly awesome!... That is all.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:06 PM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Batman Arkham Knight. 

The whole trophy list isn't awful, some of them on the other hand are fuck awful! Especially some of the dlc ones on the community challenge pack. Same with arkham city. Those shit trophies for doing the predator and fight challenges all over again with twatwoman, nobin and shitewing. Annoying enough with batman let alone another 3 times with those gonks. 

Always loved the game series but they put some really shit annoying trophies in there that in the end you just can not be arsed with. 

I agree with you on this to a point.  While doing the predator and fight challenges with each separate character does suck, in my opinion it is far more boring trying to complete all the batmobile AR challenges with all the different batmobile models.  

Even as crappy as Arkham Knight is to plat, it is still far better than collecting all the riddler trophies in Arkham City.  

• Like 2

I've been thinking about how to describe the trophies for Ni No Kuni 2 for my future 'latest platinum trophy' bit.  Here's a preview:

Some spoilers ahead, of course.

Three bronze trophies for errands, three more bronze trophies for side quests?  I don't know.  Why not one bronze for your first errand, and a silver for your 50th or 100th?  Doesn't that represent the effort more appropriately?

No trophy for 100% completion of your kingdom, and no trophies at all for reaching any specific level with your character.  Two time consuming things to do, and ones I'd like to have seen rewarded with a trophy.  What about having to defeat a dimensional door (their exact name is escaping me) with it at level 5 or above?  That's a challenge, for sure.  

Aside from the obvious story-related trophies, I'm a bit disappointed with how the others were divvied up.

Undertale - I won’t spoil as there’s hidden trophies. 

OMG HD Zombies! - It’s cheap. It’s fun. You can get most trophies in one playthrough but one trophies has you 100% every level 20 times!  This is one if those trophies that makes you feel like the developer is trolling trophy hunters. 

Redout. All the trophies are very very easy, and then there's just one extremely hard (Wipeout level) about winning a developer record. Also you don't even need to rank gold in all the races to achieve the plat, just on 45 of them. I would be happy to exchange the record one for win gold in all the races.

Also the DriveClub trophy set I always found it weird... The trophies of the main game doesn't make much sense and doesn't even make you win all in career mode. Then it has this huuuge list of DLC trophies which makes much more than the half of the trophy set.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

1 hour ago, BringTheAction19 said:

I agree with you on this to a point.  While doing the predator and fight challenges with each separate character does suck, in my opinion it is far more boring trying to complete all the batmobile AR challenges with all the different batmobile models.  

Even as crappy as Arkham Knight is to plat, it is still far better than collecting all the riddler trophies in Arkham City.  

Oh my word the batmobile races got boring really fast alright! 

I still need to try and get the last 3 trophies in the knight dlc, you can no doubt guess which ones. I was hoping to get them so I can delete the 70gb worth of the hard drive but after the last attempt getting pissed off with it I really don't know if I can be arsed with them. Curtain falls in particular. Now that really is one SHIT trophy. 

• Like 1

For what ive played id only say Final Fantasy IX and DmC Devil May Cry so far.

FF IX - While it only takes like 4 hours speed runs are meh, double digit hour grind for x amount of kills is just why, they went from Triple Triad to Jump Rope, Tetra Master, and Hippo Fitness i have to assume the former head of minigames died between games, and then missables are always annoying. The drive a Moogle to become a serial killer trophy was appreciated though.

DmC - 360 version was bad enough with it but Ps4 version was made even worse by having Vergil required for the plat. The bulk of the time spent is - Oh you beat the game on this difficulty? Now do it on this newly unlocked one! Oh you beat the game on that difficulty? Now do it on this newly unlocked one! Oh you bea-Fucking stop. "Beat the game twice" is bad enough to me for a trophy in general. Do it again and again and again and again oh and again is garbage to me. Hey should we bring that get SSS rank on all missions back? Nope just make them play through as Vergil. Then have them do it again. Also make them do it again. I have another idea for what they should do after that can you guess what it is?

Of course if i had any sense or self control i wouldnt of done it all at once in both cases but dont be ridiculous. Probably my least favorite type of trophy even if its to strive for different endings or such. Simply grinding holds less risk of burn out for me.

• Like 1

I've seen it said here, but I would reiterate, that things you almost certainly cannot do without a guide are always a bit annoying. I did Three Fourths Home, and there is a trophy to get a specific line said, and I tried it 3/4 times before going to a guide because if you do not say exactly the correct sequence, you cannot get it.

On 3/20/2018 at 4:25 PM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Dishonoured. 

Not really my type of game at all just couldn't get into it, hate stealth games with a passion as they bore me senseless. Those trophies that you have to do a whole playthrough without killing anyone or being seen sounds boring and annoying as fuck! 

I really like dishonored but i kind of agree with you. I plated both the ps3 and ps4 versions of the game and both times I had to use a guide because of how annoying it was to play through blind. That being said I was able to do the second game without a guide (besides the final boss) and I think in that game it made it better. Also each game can be beaten in about an hour if you know what your doing, plus you can save/reload as much as you want, so its not really that much of a pain.

Edited by Dwightsarmy14

• 1 month later...

I remember doing mankind divideds stupid virtual reality trophies I forgot what the mode was called man did they suck trying to do it F2P and they released more several times actually made some friends from people messaging me for help/tips it was absolute ass aha

• 4 weeks later...

Sound Shapes. I got the plat yesterday (OK, on VITA, but it counts). Not really difficult, but this is just to represent any trophy that is dependant on RNG. For a couple of trophies you just need lucky placements. When I did them I did nothing differently to the attempts were I "failed", it's just I got luckier placements. 

So yeah, Sound Shapes and any other game with a lot of RNG trophies. 

Plus Diablo 3. Did everything except the long grind at the end, as this bored me to tears. 

Ok, guys, here is a big-big disappointment trophy set I've ever met...

UNDERTALE. YES. I really liked the game, I tried it in February on PC but was in not suitable for that game mood and without gamepad so I wasn't into it... Tried it 2 days ago and just couldn't stop playing it. It's awesome.

But trophy set is so silly... 4 trophies you get in 1 second for items. Several unmissable story trophies which even doesn't require to complete the game at least once. And bunch of shitty trophies for donating money to playstation-exclusive dog shrine.

So after you get platinum you even have to play hour more minimum to beat a game once and most people just stop playing and this is biggest error because there are different endings and ways of completing the game and after first walkthrough you can go for Pacifist Route where you can't kill anyone and avoiding killing bosses is so fun because in order to do that you need to perform differect actions every time you meet a new boss.

That's pathetic because having this platinum in trophy cabinet doesn't meen anything. Toby Fox could make trophy for Pacifist Route or Genocide Route, more over there are different ending in Normal Route when some chars can be killed and some can be spared. It similar to Until Dawn where you can kill all or survive with all chars.

:( I'm pretty sad but let it be worst thing in my life :D

Any game that involves multiple playthroughs or "doing X over and over and over again" tends to kill my motivation pretty quick.

For instance, Mafia 3. Loved the game but to get the platinum I have to do another playthrough while killing all informants and racket bosses. The fact that it's an open world game that requires another playthrough to plat is what irks me the most.

Another one is Vice City. Take the Cannolli requires you to reach the maximum criminal rating and you are never going to get it by playing the game normally. You're pretty much required to grind hours on end. I'm playing through the GTA PS2 Trilogy right now and this is the only one of the games I can't see myself platting.

Anything with MP trophies instantly makes my list, unless they're only to make you try a match or something but as soon as you have to invest any real time in it I'm out. The games that I haven't platinumed tend to be purely because of MP which is really annoying when its a dumb tacked on bit that is totally unnecessary I'm looking at you Far Cry 5

On 3/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, gerboize said:

Grand Theft Auto : Vice City : Take the Cannoli. Enough said.

Oh man, I can feel that one... I bought the trilogy Day 1 and I didn't realize the Vice City trophy list had that. I really want to play it again, but that trophy is keeping it pretty low on my backlog list. Maybe someday I'll get to it, but it'll be a while

Evil Within 2's Classic Mode is a bitch. Only seven saves and if you die it's all the way back to your last save. Gave up after dying and playing the same section with unskippable cutscenes multiple times. Just couldn't torture myself any longer. Mein Leben on Wolfenstein 2 sounds even worse. I haven't played the game but there's no way in hell I will ever waste my time going for that trophy.