How to get a gamer girlfriend?

DARKB1KE

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Step one: Stop asking.

Step two: Stop trying

I honestly don't know if this thread is for real lol, but if you want honest advice just stop trying. Majority of the girls you'll come across online will think you're weird as hell for approaching them out of the blue and asking. You'll have to be in the friendzone first tbh. Have some humor. Be considerate and don't be a dick. Also be smart, don't try to get with someone who's across the damn country. Some manage to pull it off, but majority of the time it can be extremely stressful.

I met my fiance on waaay back on COD and yeah I'm engaged and see him every weekend. sooo yeah.

• Like 2

It just happens, I guess.. Having the same interests and being able to talk about your favorite games helps a lot.

I met my boyfriend over 10 years ago in a community about the most popular survival horror games at that time (Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Project Zero/Fatal Frame). We became good friends and since we weren't living far away from each other, we started dating after a while. 

Most important thing is that you don't force it. 

• Like 3

Anyone who asks this question seriously and genuinely for themselves as part of what they are after has their priorities way way off and is absolutely setting themselves up for failure here. Not to mention demonstrating that they have yet to mature fully in how they view relationships. It's as basic and simple as 'how to get a blonde boyfriend/girlfriend with hair no longer than 30 centimeters?' or 'how to get a boyfriend/girlfriend with strong arms?'.

If you seek out a girlfriend/boyfriend based solely on a singular interest criteria and nothing else then you are doing it tragically wrong.

You seek out a girlfriend/boyfriend for the person they are as a whole, if they aren't gamers and the relationship is a healthy one, then they should accommodate your hobby and make an effort to get involved. Just as you should accommodate their hobbies and make an effort to get involved with them too.

Ultimately though, you should not define your happiness and contentment by getting a girlfriend. You define your happiness and contentment by being happy and content on your own. If you aren't happy with how you live your life, you won't be happy in a relationship (and you'll probably make them miserable too).

If you can be happy with how you live your life and live a life of meeting new people and trying new things - the relationships will happen by themselves.

If you are solely after having a  gamer boyfriend/girlfriend so that they will be content with you sitting on your ass for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, hidden away from the world playing Rocket League or CoD, then you'd be hard pressed to find anyone cool with that - and realistically you should probably see someone about that

• Like 1

I can tell how you will not find a gamer girlfriend:

1. Asking directly about her looks or even ask for a photo. Happens so often in a conversation which last only a couple of minutes or when just a few messages got back and forth - unbelievable annoying.

2. Don't say stuff like: "For a girl you're playing really good." or "Impressive profile for a woman." and so on and so on. That is NOT a compliment anymore with the gender mentioned!

3. If you managed to make some contact, don't try to force yourself on her or get whiny about your life. Not attractive.

I will leave it with that although there are much more No Go's I have encountered :D.

• Like 3

What's this? How to get a gf via internet? Interesting yet absurd! I had back then(Not an online relationship). The relationship is not gf bf but we called our relationship 'partner' or simply partner in studies and gaming... I met her at the mall's Tekken section. We play during weekends and mostly I let her win,, that way she got mad at me lol", She's good in photoshop as well, animation, manipulation and etc. that made me inspire and motivate to be sooo close in arts and designs(She's better than me back then but don't know now?! Maybe she's still ahead of me because she took engineering courses that has Autocad and Maya subjects). The relationship ends when her whole family went to Australia including herself and never came back. TBH I cried...  

Spoiler

How life is like this.
I got my husband three years ago through a mutual acquaintance in the Friends list on Xbox Live
Since at that time we both played Destiny on the Xbox §60; we actually sat in the game every night of the week; but slowly, that's how it always developed; that we did not care about the game and talked about any subject outside of the Destiny universe.
And as it is; we understood each other better from day to day.
Even if our common acquaintances distanced ourselves from time to time; It did not stop us from face to face in July.
And well, since we are just a couple.
Of course we sometimes have minor friction; Discussions but I think that's all part of it; because without it does not work.
And the best; we share the common hobby playing; because that's not the way it is with most "how long do you still give me five no ten minutes at the boss Darling"
Of course, we also give everyone their freedom and if one of us wants to gamble (because maybe something new came out, or wants to make a platinum trophy)

Of course we also give everyone their freedom and if one of us wants to play (because maybe something new came out or wants to make a platinum trophy)
But I think when you're together, you're more focused on living together, and I think that's a good thing. before I live apart and do not want to do anything together ... or feel any feelings for each other for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Great responses so far.  Always interesting to hear success stories.

14 hours ago, Arkonaborg said:

Not anymore. Welcome to the 21st century. 1f60e.png

I've not once had a woman approach me in 10+ years so I guess I'm nobody, or you're a liar. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

54 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I've not once had a woman approach me in 10+ years so I guess I'm nobody, or you're a liar. 

I've  honestly had more girls try to put the moves on me than I have them, I'm no Brad Pitt either, like, you can look at me without throwing up but I'm nothing special. A couple close female friends too supposedly see girls check me out pretty regularly, deadset everything I do, the more apathy I approach it with, the better I do. Leave an assignment to last minute and pull a 2000 essay out of your ass the night before in about an hour like I did the other day, I got a 93 mark. Undertake work placement and do nothing amazing or anything, just show up and look for a passing grade, get offered a job. Just leave my hair looking like some messy shit and wear a dumb tshirt and shorts combo almost every day, apparently get checked out. Never actually go LOOKING for a relationship, end up landing in one pretty quick every time I start to enjoy being single. 

Long story short, as someone who just goes about their day never really giving a fuck, never actively looking for anything, I've found some amazing friends, great success like Borat, and now I have a 2 year old with my partner I've been living with for coming up on 5 years now. The lesson here, at least for me, is if you

actually STOP TRYING and just chill the fuck out, good things seem to come to you.

8 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've  honestly had more girls try to put the moves on me than I have them, I'm no Brad Pitt either, like, you can look at me without throwing up but I'm nothing special. A couple close female friends too supposedly see girls check me out pretty regularly, deadset everything I do, the more apathy I approach it with, the better I do. Leave an assignment to last minute and pull a 2000 essay out of your ass the night before in about an hour like I did the other day, I got a 93 mark. Undertake work placement and do nothing amazing or anything, just show up and look for a passing grade, get offered a job. Just leave my hair looking like some messy shit and wear a dumb tshirt and shorts combo almost every day, apparently get checked out. Never actually go LOOKING for a relationship, end up landing in one pretty quick every time I start to enjoy being single. 

Long story short, as someone who just goes about their day never really giving a fuck, never actively looking for anything, I've found some amazing friends, great success like Borat, and now I have a 2 year old with my partner I've been living with for coming up on 5 years now. The lesson here, at least for me, is if you

actually STOP TRYING and just chill the fuck out, good things seem to come to you.

9862619b6c7d8bc155c8fa2b58fb2f75.jpg

there are 1000s of possible answers here but none would really make sense since they all depend on you, the seeker and your personality...my generic advice would be if you're looking for a specific shared interest in a friend/partner then get involved in activities related to that interest...you could even create some yourself...you could put together a gaming comp for people from your area...you could even try to combine ideas and have a singles gaming comp or something like that...

if you network locally with other gamers just for the fun of gaming likely you'll find likeminded men/women...if you're passionate about something and are relatively social you'll have a higher chance of meeting people in the same boat...meaning more likely to meet women who share your interest in gaming...meaning more likely to find a girlfriend who likes gaming as much as you do...

careful what you wish for though...blah, blah, blah...two cents...