Invasion Boss /Die You Will [MKX]

I don't see a thread to inform people about when an Invasion Boss battle is. Figured this would be a good start. As you may know, the boss' health bar is cumulative across the server. The more people we get pounding on the boss, the easier it will be. Once we get the first part of the armor off, you'll be able to stagger and throw the boss, leading to more than just 4 or 5 hits per try when their armor is full.

I suggest su subscribing to the thread so you can be alerted to when the battle is available and which faction has beat up the boss the most.

So I'll start. Today is Wed, March 21st at 12:46 am pdt or gmt -8. Not sure if it matters or not, but Lin Kuei seems to be ahead in damage to the boss.

• Like 3

The boss can never be defeated, regardless of the amount of health it has left, I think. The faction who gets the most damage gets some bonuses when they log back into the game. The hits you do to the boss before breaking the armour doesn't count towards the 1000 hits trophy, you also don't need to be in the winning faction for any trophy on the game. The best method for hitting the invasion boss a lot is to use Raiden and use this combo: :square::square::triangle: (Hold), :triangle: (Hold), it can get you up to 40 hits in a good run because the electric attack hits do a big combo. To actually break their armour, it's best to not hold the first :triangle: input and only hold the second :triangle: input, because when the boss has armour they can stop you from using the first hold attack. Here's a video showing the cheap Raiden method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmVacpwrZrk 

Aside from the Invasion boss, there are other trophies for completing the Invasion tower and also winning a 1v1 Invasion fight, the 1v1 Invasion fight is an RNG enemy spawn but the best way to get it is to do Versus matches against the CPU on Very Easy difficulty, eventually they're likely going to send an Invasion Assassin your way. You have plenty of time to work on every Invasion trophy now, it ends in around 21 hours. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today. To be fair I dont think this is 1,000 hits I think its accumulated damage score at the end of each round. I got this trophy today and no way did I hit the boss 1,000 times.

The Raiden method is perfect with practice though. Also keep trying different variations of the boss as some are easier.

Quan Clamlapper is one of the cheapest invasion bosses. He'll either open with a flip to teleport stomp or portal grab you. 

Get distance between him with Raiden and open with your square square triangle juggle. Do NOT teleport by pausing/hitting triangle again; he'll simply read your move and grab you (only attempt this after you've broken his armor). 

Screw him if he continues to block your combo -- charge up EX and unleash it when he's in mid-jump so he can't block it (that's eleven free hits and good damage). 

Good luck and don't gnash your teeth on your controller too much. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...