21 Survival +

impossible.

and very exhausting.

why did they make such a stupid mode?

and the programming of it makes it seemed rigged. the computer always wins by smartass moves.

and the numbered trump cards are useless - i try using them but the game keeps saying theyre not on deck and so its discarded...wtf is the point of those??

so much for 100% on this game  :(

• Like 2

it IS impossible.

hoffman always has sheids and up cards and i am always either too low or go over the limit. and hoffman constantly gets trump cards and i get useless number cards that gets discarded when using them.

i cant even get past 3 opponents without my meter reaching max. how are you supposed to get to 10.

whoever invented this mode is a dumbass and obviously never tested it out, i swear.

fuck me, this mode is just plain bullshit and unplayable!!

i wasted 5 hours of my life i'll never get back

i was down to 4 opponents left with no torture sustained then all of a sudden i noticed all my trump cards were gone and he beat me in one full swoop.

i swear this game is BULLSHIT!!!

3 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

fuck me, this mode is just plain bullshit and unplayable!!

i wasted 5 hours of my life i'll never get back

i was down to 4 opponents left with no torture sustained then all of a sudden i noticed all my trump cards were gone and he beat me in one full swoop.

i swear this game is BULLSHIT!!!

While it is very cheap and a tad bit luck based, It is nothing that simply thinking and paying close attention can't fix. I actually found this mode to be easier than the story based 21. I found it helpful to farm trump cards on the first opponent. He'll always put up shields so that he takes no torture when he is nearly defeated. I used this as an opportunity to get at least 13 trump cards before i beat him. It also helps to do certain challenges like beat 15 opponents to unlock good trump cards to use like perfect draw+, shield +, destroy +.. Always raise the bar with the 'Two up' cards when you know that you will win the hand to speed things up on the harder opponents. You can't pull doubles so always keep track of which cards are left in the deck and more importantly, always consider which hidden one that he probably has cause he may have the perfect card more than one time in a row and , in my experience, he had it a lot. Perfect draw+ is a good thing to use as well and a good card to start out with once you have 10+ total in your hand when facing the harder opponents but always pay close attention to his visible cards before you decide to use it. If it doesn't give you the absolute perfect card then it means he has it. That is very helpful if said card is hidden because then you know how to perfectly play your hand...now if the luck based portion will allow it, you're good to go. If you know you're going to lose a hand and there is nothing you can do about it, use a shield + card but I'd say taking a few shocks to save this for the later rounds is fine too. When your opponent throws out trump cards that increase your torture by an insane amount and you're not sure if you'll win or tie, then destroy those shits or you will have wasted all of that time and effort for nothing. Save some destroy cards for the final opponent as he religiously uses silent and while it can be dealt with without destroying it, that too is luck based depending on if you can get him to bust, if he's dumb enough to bust himself and which trump cards you have. On your tenth opponent, Try not to use your best in the first round (I believe it is the first) because he will use oblivion and void everything you've done to start a new round. After he does this, and you have some perfect draw +' and returns since he tends to hit you with the highest card in the deck. (In theory i guess you could wait until he throws the highest card on you and theeeen use your perfect draw+) If you don't have any returns and he manages to make you go over, it is also wise to have the 24 and 27 trump cards. Alsooooo when an opponent uses the trump cards that will take half or all of your trump cards, do everything in your power to stop this. Use 2 or 3 (Whichever the description says) or destroy it. If you lose your trump cards then you're gonna be in for the hardest time if you can even still win that way, which i doubt.     

Here is a guide on the opponents that should prepare you for their tactics and help you to develop your own against each one: http://guides.cheatcc.com/resident-evil-7-biohazard-guide-walkthrough/guide_sections/21-opponent-guide

• Like 3

i spent a few more hours doing it this morning.

and while i now know how to use the numbered cards, and knowing what cards couldnt be drawn given whats on the table - its still not enough :(

yesterday i got past 6 opponents. today i couldnt even get past the first molded.

it just underlines my original point which still holds: this mode is impossible. absolutely impossible. and total bullshit.

i seem to use my trump cards quite quickly - i have to otherwise i risk getting stung. what pisses me off is the opponents endless supply of cards - if its sheilds, or curse cards, or mind games cards, i try and conserve my strongest cards until later but even if forced to use them, they still whip out another one of the same card after!

theres that, and the matter of being either too low or high. when i think i have it, it ends up as a draw frustratingly.

i do take it one game at a time. once i had 21, put down all my 2-up cards so that he'll get taken out in one swoop, then it ends up as a fucking draw! this programme is rigged.

this game is a no-win situation. IT. IS. BULLSHIT.

FUCKING HELL!!!

i was down to the last opponent but he kept on using the fucking DEAD SILENCE card on me and i was left helpless!!!

JUST HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT HIM IF YOU CANT DRAW ANYTHING???

i tried swapping cards but thats all i can do. by the final round i had crappy numbered trump cards left.

this game is OFFICIALLY impossible because with the final opponent he ALWAYS uses the dead silence card and you cant do anything to stop it nomatter what!!

i should write to capcom and put in a complaint, i dont think they ever tested this when making it because given the above there is absolutely NO way to pass it!!

this really pisses me the fuck off. there should be a card where i can either restore a lost life or save and pick up where we left off without starting again. it'll take me YEARS to beat this at this rate. whoever said they complete this first time or with a handle of tries are full of shit and are lying.

this is factually 100% BULLSHIT. i smashed my controller at the wall because of this. games shouldnt be designed to stress it is designed for fun for fuck sake.

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 2

holy shit i finally DONE IT!!!

something strange happened in the final round. we were neck and neck with lives and we were down to our last life each.

he drew out a dead silence and perfect draw card. i thought i was fucked. but then, for some reason, he asked for another card, taking his total now 22+?. mine was stuck at 18. we stayed and he got zapped.

essentially, he scored an own goal and i won it, at the last game, at the last life each!

NEVER AGAIN am i going to play this after finally getting that bastard trophy. i will already concede to the 'must die' gold trophies so if i dont get those its no shame, but this i always felt i could get if i kept plugging away at it.

screenshot (look at the cards for proof of my story):

IMG_0861_zps7rszthzo.jpg

to those still trying to beat this i suggest practising away and keep a disciplined head, but for the last one use destroy cards and perfect draw cards when you can.

@smartbomb_HD - luckily you dont need this trophy for the platinum but its hell for getting for the 100%

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's an awful bit of DLC, like most of it tbh, energy sapping and is midly entertaining for about 5 minutes.

It should be easy enough to do 5 in a row, get that first, and on Survival+ keep one of the Destroy++ cards for the final boss. If you've been patient enough and tried to use as little of your trump cards as possible you can prevent the last one from using any trump cards whilst destroying anything he's put on the table that's potentially screwing you over.

• 5 months later...
On 24/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, rockstarjazz said:

holy shit i finally DONE IT!!!

something strange happened in the final round. we were neck and neck with lives and we were down to our last life each.

he drew out a dead silence and perfect draw card. i thought i was fucked. but then, for some reason, he asked for another card, taking his total now 22+?. mine was stuck at 18. we stayed and he got zapped.

essentially, he scored an own goal and i won it, at the last game, at the last life each!

For those who are still waiting for this to happen. The real solution to this "puzzle" is to save the "Love your opponent" (or something like that) trump card until the last round. When he uses "Perfect Turn" and "Dead Silence", "Love your opponent" will leave him above 21, winning you the round inmediatly, since he doesn´t have any other trump cards.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I really, really enjoyed 21. Got the trophy on my first try after spending some time on story and survival. So i learned what to do before going into the survival+. And i am confident with my blackjack skills. Spent a lot of time playing blackjack on Red Dead Redemption.

The key point is using your trump cards in a smart way and calculating/predict your opponents cards correctly. The last oppenent is really hard. He makes you nerveous but you should keep your calm. Overall i really liked all of the DLCs for the game. I hope they will do the same treatment for the RE8

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hadn't any big problems with this mini-game. Completed it on the third try. It isn't as difficult as say some people above.

Before going to 21+, complete all additional tasks to get the extra trump cards and that mode will be easy.

• Like 1

Yeah, the extra trump cards you get as rewards from completing objectives are amazing. In particular, if you can unlock Destroy++, Trump Switch+, and Harvest (all of which are easy to unlock, except for Harvest, which is annoyingly luck-based since Mr. Big Head does not show up much), then things become a breeze. The final Hoffman did not have to chance to even do anything against me -- in the very first round, I used Destroy++ (so that he can't use trump cards), Perfect Draw+, and two Two Ups so that he lost all 10 points and died immediately.

If you combine Harvests with Two Ups and Trump Switch+'s, you will have more trump cards than you know what to do with, even if you use one every turn. You will be tossing away trump cards you don't care about so much due to lack of inventory space. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah I just got to the last guy and lost. Super gutted that I have to go through all that again. 

Wish they had stuck to just 5 opponents. Its long winded doing a good run, never mind having to keep repeating it. But like nightmare mode, you have to lose in order to progress. By that I mean wins and stuff from previous games unlock your cards which in theory should help your next run. 

So far though this mode has took me longer to get anywhere than it did to do the 3 play throughs for the base game. Horrible stuff. 

EDIT

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Talk about luck, bu! luck being in my favour. Got to the last player again and this time had a massive lead. I was on 3 shock points taken and got this guy to 9. On what was going to be the final hand I got dealt a right pile of dog s**t and then out of no where the AI deals Oblivion which cancels the hand and moves to the next one. Next hand I get Black Jack straight away as well as having plus points to rub in his face. AI crashed out and I got the frikkin survival+ trophy. Thank cripes for that man!

I still say it would actually have been fun if survival+ just stuck to 5 opponents. 10 was nerve wrecking but its the first time in a long time that I actually jumped for joy when a trophy popped, but I won't be playing it again. Will pop on survival mode though.

Now I hope luck sticks with me when I got for Ethan Must Die. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

This is not impossible. Just patience and good moves.

Here is my trick. Just did it. Of course all it is about luck, but you have to know, you can learn very easily, how the machine works. I mean, the normal opponents are very easy, maybe the 8th it is a bit tricky, and the infected ones (the number 5 or 6 and the last one) are harder. Specially the last one which is a pain in the ass. 

So, my advice is not to spend the trump cards at all with the regular ones, at least not so many, and save them for the infected ones. You will need them since they are also playing with really good trump cards and can really instant kill you. For the last one, if you have 2 or 3 of those who are "blocking" them to take any card and use trump cards and heavily increasing the bet you can finish him in 1 or 2 rounds.

The last guy can really finish you in 1 round if you do not have any GOOD trump cards. So, do not expect to achieve this trophy in 5 minutes and take it easy saving the trump cards for the infected ones, as I mentioned, specially the last one. Maybe in a bit more than 1 hour you will face him and you will have a higher percentage of success. 

Really, if you face him without nothing special, forget about. Good luck and I hope you found this info useful.

PD: This weekend has been good for me. I did Platinum on Max Payne 3, beating "New York Minute Hardcore" (Shadows Rushed Me), and after a few tries I got this one. :)

Edited by stiviwonderstif
Just some grammar mistakes.

• 10 months later...

Resurrecting this thread to share my experience.

I said fuck it to all the advice on here about saving your trump cards and just used them as needed in order to secure a guaranteed win almost every round. I wanted to try and get to the last round with the least shocks possible so I had room to work with if it all went tits up.

Counting cards definitely helps as you can more or less make an accurate guess as to what card your opponent has on any given round. There's no time limit so feel free to take as much time as you need to figure out your next move.

I always played all the increase opponent bet cards I had straight away so I could get rid of the opponents quicker.

The first mutated guy at round 5 shocked me twice just cause I had no way of blocking his trump card where he makes you draw the highest card in the deck. Cause this trump card doesn't stay on the table, destroy cards don't work (which is actually kind of bullshit if you ask me). I countered it a few times with the trump card that allows you to return your last drawn card but didn't always have them on hand so had to take the hit. There were a couple of times where I had no way of winning so used a shield to not take any shocks.

I got shocked once by opponent 9 purely because I fucked up the math in my head and thought I was sure on what card he had, but I was wrong *facepalm*

Got to the last guy at number 3 so had plenty of room for error but didn't even need it cause the RNG cards were on my side. Due to opponent 9 giving me a tough time I had barely any trump cards left but the trump card I got handed at the start of the round was the perfect draw plus which adds 5 to the opponents bet, playing this gave me 21 straight away and I played another increase bet card putting his bet at 8. Thankfully he held and I got him to 8 on the first round!

Second round I got a god like hand putting me straight on 21, so I put the bet up to 3 which would have put him out but he played his oblivion card restarting the whole round. Bastard.

Third round I put the bet up to three again and after hitting for another card after my first two I ended up going bust BUT he hit the exact card I needed so I played a swap trump card putting me on 21. I thought he would have countered with a whole load of his OP trump cards but he didn't, he just held, and I won the round!

I was fucking ecstatic, got up and jumped up and down like a kid. Whoo boy what a way to feel alive.

Got it on my second attempt and although it takes a while to get through the opponents, as long as you play it smart you should be fine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...