Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?

DARKB1KE

Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?

• Still need PS3 trophies
    • I've moved onto PS4 entirely
    • I spend my time switching back and forth

Insert poll here.  Insert Discussion Below.

Just getting an idea of how many people still need PS3 trophies or is that system just done with now and mostly everybody has moved onto PS4.  Maybe I'm just slow at earning trophies with 10,000 backlog and a bad timezone to match with other players for finding boost partners. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

I have an insane PS3 backlog. Many games I plan on returning to. Almost as many PS4 games. And now PS5 is on the horizon and I am kinda freaking out. Maybe I'll be like my buddy who goes back to his NES and SNES every once in a while to play old games. I'll be getting PS3 trophies 20 years from now if they still can by synched to the server!

I generally just bounce around depending on what game I feel like. I will randomly get nostalgic of old games and want to return to them. I was playing on PS4 a lot about 5 months ago and I wanted to finish the TLOU. So I went to PS3, 100% that, got into a boosting group. Then learned about KZ shutting down so that's consumed a few months. No I am feeling like going back to Fallout 3 on PC to replay for the first time in 8 years. I like having the flexibility to just move around. 

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I still need lots of PS3 trophies. It gets kind of annoying switching back and forth between systems, so I generally stick with PS4 for a while, then PS3 for a while, and kind of rotate them.

I'm the same. I usually switch between them but with all the server shutdowns and friends boosting multiple things I'm kind of stuck during the day boosting on PS3, then playing what I want to play at night on PS4.

tbh I'm mostly done with PlayStation at the moment. But with regards to digital achievements, it's pretty sweet being able to get both generations of them on one console with Xbox, maybe PlayStation should try that backward compatibility thing again sometime, hmm?

I have loads of PS3 games I could get trophies for, but I only have a couple I care lots about like Metal Gear Rising, or Catherine to name a couple. I don't have too many PS4 games, but I enjoy having a cozy selection to choose from so I am not totally overwhelmed!

11 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

I have loads of PS3 games I could get trophies for, but I only have a couple I care lots about like Metal Gear Rising, or Catherine to name a couple. I don't have too many PS4 games, but I enjoy having a cozy selection to choose from so I am not totally overwhelmed!

That's probably a good way to do it, sadly so many PSN sales I couldn't pass up the cheap deals. 

• Like 1

One ps3 trophy left (two if you include the platinum) and then I'm done and my ps3 goes into the trash bin. It's already pretty broken and don't like playing on it anymore. Unfortunately it's a speedrun trophy and if there is one thing I don't like in trophy hunting it's full game speedruns. 

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

I have at least another 200 ps3 titles including ps plus games but i go back and forth between ps3, ps4 and sometimes vita just to taste what im missing. I need to sacrifice some of the games of never playing them.

I don't believe I'm going to get games for it anymore, but the vast majority of my non-platted games are ps3 games, so if I'm going to put a dent on raising that completion % it's going to have to be on ps3. At the moment I'm very attached to playing PS4 and I like the features and UI so much more. On the other hand I had a good time when I somehow managed to get my ps3's network connectivity restored and collected a whole bunch of ancient trophies from my old abandoned games. I suppose it just got me nostalgic about a more carefree time just playing with the old fatso.

I still have a huge ps3 backlog.. it probably is 1/3rd of my current backlog, but that's because my ps4 backlog keeps increasing, not because I'm finishing games.. my Vita backlog got quite big too, but it's the smaller of the 3..

So, I'm still jumping between all systems (and I have an odd setup that I don't have a ps4 where I stay during the week, only a ps3 and vita, so if I decide to play during the weekdays, I work on 1 of my ps3 games).

As of now I think that I have 40+ ps3 games + 40+ (no real clue in number) ps4 games + 20 or so vita games on my backlog NOT on my profile... there's about 20 (across all platforms) ongoing games that I already started but didn't finished.. actually because of those games, my profile doesn't look like I wanted because my minimum standards for my profile were 90% overall completion, 1000 unearned trophies and under 35% overall trophy rarity...

I actually end up starting a few games because of a Portuguese psn trophy hunt event in January (that didn't went to well for me) and I didn't finished those yet + I started almost all ps3 games with online trophies that I had wanted to start, just to get those.. so for now I'm in a ps3 online trophy hunt + general clean up + setup my next milestone mood...

Tons of old gems I need to acquire first... too bad my BD died, so I'm full digital now.

After March 2019... well, I'll see what I'll do with my dear PS3. Maybe I'll stop playing before that date.

I jump back and forth between PS3 and PS4. The problem is I got plenty of games on other consoles too that I rarely touch (like my XB1 that I just got recently) and dating back to PS1. But yeah the system I got the most games in my backlog for is PS3 (about 70, which can last me a couple of years at my pace), but got about the same for PS4 (and it's growing). So I really couldn't pick a primary system but I definitely haven't moved on from playing my PS3. Thankfully I don't have anymore online trophies on PS3 (that I care for, like Uncharted 2/3 dlc), therefore I'm not in a hurry to finish up my backlog for now.

I have a sizable PS3 backlog to get through. Between my Vita, PS3 and PS4, I have a lot, not even counting Plus. I don’t think I’ve paid more than $10 for any of them and it’s 98% physical. To keep me focused, I rarely buy more games and I limit myself to playing only one PS4 game at a time until I’m done. My Vita and PS3, I’ve just started so much I am trying to clean up and knock out in my 4 hours of gaming per week. I’ll never get caught up, but that’s okay. My GameCube, PS2 and PSP backlog will keep them company.