Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?

DARKB1KE

Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?

• Still need PS3 trophies
    • I've moved onto PS4 entirely
    • I spend my time switching back and forth

I like the ps4 far more than the ps3 so I find myself generally playing on it regardless. But, I do still have quite the back log of ps3 titles sitting on the shelf (with my ever growing ps4 backlog). For some reason, I didn't really pay any attention to the ps+ ps3 games over the past 3 years that I've maintained my membership, soooo I've got quite the back log of games for ps3 lol... Granted, I won't bother with a lot of the indie titles without checking them out first, I've learned my lesson since Woah Dave! and Tower of Guns. 

In short, simply to many games and not enough time.

• Like 2

I would guess I still have about 80+ games to get through for the ps3. And a growing backlog for the ps4 now. I don't get a whole lot of gaming time but I'm splitting it between ps3 and ps4. I'll try to get as much done on my ps3 backlog while servers are still around before I completely move on to ps4. Not sure at what point I should just give up on the backlog and move up to date, the talking release of ps5 makes me concerned ill never get to everything I would like to and Ill have to just be more selective, not purchasing everything when I see a sale.

• Like 1

I still play my PS3, but I came to it late in the generation and didn't build up the gigantic years-long backlog that many of you guys have. I can see myself shutting it down someday. Still, there are several good-sized games I want to finish first, like Resident Evil 5/6 and Deadly Premonition.

maybe when there are no more ps3 games added to instant game collection next year the backlog would actually go down!    I got ps4 on launch and ps4 pro but still find myself playing ps3 more

Even on the vita i have many games i wish to play, not enough hours in the day

I've got a pretty decent sized PS3 backlog so it's not going anywhere soon.

Seriously thinking about buying a second PS3 as a backup especially after my current one had a spill late last year (fell off the desk it's on with the help of my dog).

• Like 1

i have a big PS3 backlog which i am slowly working through there is about three games i actively want to start and play (Resistance 3, Mini Ninjas and to finish Ni No Kuni) however most of the other games are PS+ games that i will get through too at some point. Otherwise i mainly play on PS4 since everything just runs smoother plus i hate the PS3 controller. I generally switch between PS4, PS3 and then the Vita for when i am on the go. 

i doubt anyone cares my opinion lol, but i try to play the funnest games first. if i see something on sale that i like ill throw everything to the side for a better game. i have games that ive complete 6-8 years after the first trophy lol. ill like them but just wont be in the mood to play them. and then when i run out of good games i go to my backlog and sometimes have a feeling to really really play them out of no where. i have 2 ps3s filled with digital downloads 1tb each. and i have like 300 unfinished games lol. it sucks nothing new comes out for ps3 anymore. the only thing i dont like about ps3/ps4 is getting re use to the controllers slightly

• Like 1

It's not abot trophies for me anyway but I've kind of moved on. I still have a backlog on PS3 but it's been months since I even switched it on, it isn't even plugged in at all right now.

I might go back at some point but I don't expect todo sosoon because there's too many fun games to play on the PS4 and Switch.

• Like 1

I still have a huge backlog on the PS3, which is not going anywhere soon....after I've picked up my Playstation 4, I somehow started to neglect my old system. Every now and then I will go back to play some games but usually I end up playing with the PS4. 

Furthermore, I moved abroad cause of work and could just take my Pro with me but that did not held be back to buy games like the Dead Space and Mass Effect Trilogy over the last weeks for my old beauty ??

• Like 1

I have a few ps3 games from ps plus that I never intend to start so my backlog isn't that big.  Maybe 5-10 games.  Currently trying to finish max payne 3 so that will take me a few years at least.  Otherwise I alternate ps4 and ps3 time from night to night.  

• Like 1

I don’t know if I “need” to get PS3 trophies, I want to get those trophies done. I’ve come to a conclusion that I’ll be getting rid of a few (if not most) of my physical copies of PS3 games. I’ll be going into my digital backlog sooner rather than later. 

Edited by kidson2004

I actually just recently sold my old Xbox 360 to get a PS3 for the first time (in October maybe?), so I've been buying quite a few old PS3 games to go back and play. I still play PS4 more I'd say, but I'm still getting some good use out of the PS3!

Bought a PS3 in Nov 2016 and I think I identifies about 125 games I was interested in, so trying to slay that. Think Iv'e gone through 30 or so since then.

Hoping that PS5 will have PS4 backwards compatibility and that I'll eventually get through the rest of those PS3 games so I can just one machine lol