Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?

DARKB1KE

Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have a PS3 backlog? Or are you entirely PS4 trophies now?

• Still need PS3 trophies
    • I've moved onto PS4 entirely
    • I spend my time switching back and forth

Games I will play:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution     Dishonored     Hitman Absolution     Mafia II     Sleeping Dogs

Maybe:

Just Cause 2     Max Payne 3     Spec Ops: The Line

If my PS3 is still alive:

Batman: Arkham Trilogy     Crysis Trilogy     Dead Space Trilogy     Mass Effect Trilogy

Alot of quality games left... pew

I alternate between the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4.

The last game I played on the PS3 was Mafia II and I'm going to have to get used to the controller again once I finish up Assassins Creed Syndicate to do Demon's Souls.

Personally I think the PS4 has a much better interface and my trophies on the system sync almost instantaneously. On the PS3 I have to wait for the trophies to sync and sometimes they don't always come through, forcing me to have to restart from the beginning (likely my bad internet connection). Then there's the PS3 Store which is absolutely horrible. Lag inputs and freezing screens are commonplace, whereas the PS4 Store is much smoother and more convenient.

There are plenty of games on the Playstation 3 worth playing that I haven't even touched. I think once I finish The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for my 150th platinum I'm going to start tackling my PS3 backlog simply because I just want to get some online trophies out of the way before the server closure. I'm going to have to boost Assassins Creed Revelations and III for their online trophies. I don't know if I will ever do Brotherhood, I hear getting a group of 4 - 6 people to coordinate for several hours for Abstergo Employee of the Month (AEOTM) is NOT worth the trouble.

All depends on how much time I have.

I still have unfinished games on PS3. I've mostly played them on my old PSN account so I'm not terribly bothered by leaving them be as they don't affect my completion on my new main PSN account. My backlog in general is pretty big and steadily growing as I play on several platforms (3DS, Switch, Wii U, Vita, PS4, PS3, PC). Going for PS3 platinums is not my priority.

I have a few (a dozen) ps3 games on my trophy log which i wanna complete and in contrast to my ps4 games they're long platimum time games like Bleach and Lost Planet 2. I hope i can finish all mp trophies in a handful more games (i.e. Lost Planet 2, LittleBigPlanet, Need for Speed Most Wanted) to go back whenever i want to finish some games even years later...

I play more often ps3 than ps4. Like 5 days to 2 days maybe a week :D

That's true synching trophies on ps3 is a nightmare with long trophy lists. The xmb is slow too. The ps4 is much faster. And i like the voice chat on ps4 which allows me to play a different game than a friend with whom i talk @Spaz

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I don't have a PS4 so obviously, still PS3 for me.  But that was a somewhat intentional choice.  I tend to stay one "generation" behind.  The games tend to, or at least used to be, cheaper and I don't really feel pressured to think about new releases.  Now I still play my vita religiously so that one is a little more current.

15 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

I don't have a PS4 so obviously, still PS3 for me.  But that was a somewhat intentional choice.  I tend to stay one "generation" behind.  The games tend to, or at least used to be, cheaper and I don't really feel pressured to think about new releases.  Now I still play my vita religiously so that one is a little more current.

True, but sometimes the online portion can make or break a game.  If the playerbase is dead by the time you get around to it, you might not get the full experience :P

I know that personally I've been having troubles struggling to find players for certain PS3 titles. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

Tonnes of games on my PS3, no way I’ll get through them all but still haven’t played some classics like Red Dead, Mass Effect series, Dead Space series to name a few, currently playing Crysis as my single player game. I do tend to play the PS4 more often but would like to get through as many of my PS3 games as possible 

4 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

True, but sometimes the online portion can make or break a game.  If the playerbase is dead by the time you get around to it, you might not get the full experience :P

I know that personally I've been having troubles struggling to find players for certain PS3 titles. 

That is very true.  I didn't mention it since I attempt to do my best to avoid any online trophies/games.  I prefer single player only

• Like 1

Buying a PS4 back in mid December has brought me back into the world of gaming/trophy hunting. I went off gaming for a long time.. between March ‘13 - March ‘15 I earned a grand total of 71 trophies, earning a whopping 14 trophies over the course of 2014 ? As a result, I’ve a lot of PS3 games untouched/incomplete. I’m slowly cleaning up my backlog though, with 4 out of the 9 platinum’s I’ve earned this year being PS3 titles.

I have plenty, the problem is my ps3 does not read discs, and has not for a few years now. I have plenty of digital on the backlog and when something i want to play or revisit is on a deep sale i usually pick them up. Just on the fence if i want to get the disc reader fixed or not. 

My backlog on the PS3 - hope by the  end of the year just two or three are left. 

Bayonetta

(Binary Domain)

Call of Juarez® Gunslinger

CATHERINE

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

Demon’s Souls

NIER

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Vanquish

1 hour ago, OBSTINATIO said:

My backlog on the PS3 - hope by the  end of the year just two or three are left. 

Bayonetta

(Binary Domain)

Call of Juarez00ae.png Gunslinger

CATHERINE

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

Demon’s Souls

NIER

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Vanquish

There are some solid games in there. Definitely work on those!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I still have a handful of PS3 games that I've yet to start:

Hitman: Blood Money

Metal Gear Rising

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Okami HD

Resistance 3

And a bunch that I want to try and finish up:

Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate

Frozen Synapse Prime

Little Big Planet Karting

The Last Of Us

Worms Ultimate Mayhem

Worms Revolution

With a bit of luck, I'll get the majority of them done this year.  At least all the online trophies are done, so no need to worry about those.

Mostly switching back and forth...Still have a dozen of ps3 backlog waiting for me...even for the ps4 there are games that piled up on me (+ PSVita)...It's kinda hard if you're a gamer who loves to play many genres...it gets harder to find time to catch up with all them games -_-?

• Like 1