MW2 Remaster will have NO MULTIPLAYER

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered will not have Multiplayer. That's not a typo. There really isn't a reason why and multiple sites are reporting it. I just thought I would share cause I personally hate the Multiplayer on CoD and its the sole reason I don't play Cod. With RE2 having no MP. It's a plat I can enjoy without 10-year-olds telling me how they did my mother in various ways. What are your thoughts? 

click

Edited by Stargazer2600
  • Like 2

Wait, why do you not play CoD solely for the multiplayer? I mean, sure they aren't all good games, but not very many of the previous CoD games have platinums you couldn't get with a little easy boosting, or even completely on your own sometimes. The multiplayer is only an addition.

33 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered will not have Multiplayer. That's not a typo. There really isn't a reason why and multiple sites are reporting it. I just thought I would share cause I personally hate the Multiplayer on CoD and its the sole reason I don't play Cod. With RE2 having no MP. It's a plat I can enjoy without 10-year-olds telling me how they did my mother in various ways. What are your thoughts? 

click

You are not alone. Not to mention the maps are small and there are no vehicles.

27 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Just saying but your only reason for not playing cod doesn't make sense. If you don't like hearing kids talk shit on them you could just mute them as most people do or not play multiplayer at all if you don't want to do that. It is a pretty simple solution....

An even simpler solution is play something else☺

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Lol even though this is a rumor, would Activision really be that dumb? The highlight of MW2 by miles is the actual multiplayer. 

It's Activision though, so even if it did get multiplayer they would trash it a month later with loot boxes and pink guns like they did with the MW1 remaster...

idk, forbes, IGN, Daily Star, eurogamer, etc

they are all saying the same thin, no MP so I don't think it is a rumor

Lmao you don’t play multiplayer cause 10 year olds talk shit to you? Just talk shit back or something. 

Why even remaster the game if it’s not gonna include mp? Because from what I remember the mp is what made the game so popular in the first place. 

Articles and that say only single player. Does that mean no spec ops too? Cause that was my favorite part

Edited by jka121

6 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

idk, forbes, IGN, Daily Star, eurogamer, etc

they are all saying the same thin, no MP so I don't think it is a rumor

Modern games journalism does a copy and paste job of their own articles all the time, and they all now label a rumor as a "report". I'll wait to see the announcement :P 

• Like 1

That doesn't bother me a bit (I'm one of those rare specimens that actually get CoD games for the SP). :P I wonder if that'll include the offline split-screen too though? Because I do like playing that sometimes. :hmm: 

Although I'll still be pretty surprised if Activision does this, I'm sure it'd piss a lot of people off. xD 

• Like 1

This is basically like BO3 on PS3: It’s completely removing an entire mode. Just let the Multiplayer for everyone. The only thing that had online trophies to the original PS3 version is the Special OPS, which is much better than being against players, right? Co-op is always fun!

Edited by Maxie Mouse

I'm %100 sure this is false information, Almost %100 of the COD community play for online and yes I am one of those. Almost %100 of the COD community has been pushing for this for about 18 months. There are game files in MWR of attachments from MW2 that are there for multiplayer only.

The multiplayer for the original MW2 was it's best part. It would be so pointless to remaster the game without it imo. Also the original trophy list had no trophies tied to the multiplayer, they could all be achieved solo or splitscreen. So even if you wanted to platinum it you could still do so without ever touching the online aspect. To me it was really one of the few cod games where the online was still enjoyable despite the kids and shit talkers. But it can be very confronting so I still relate to your sentiment regardless, I too have been informed by plenty of teenagers in this game about various adventures they've had with my own mother. So either they're just lying, or she must get around. I think I'll need to have a talk with her about that sometime.

Edited by subzy84

There's kids on every COD and every other game known to mankind. I honestly wouldn't spend time on caring about their online behavior. Most of the time I just hear bongs bubbling in the background and it's super easy to mute or block. Let's get to the point here, MW2 stands out as one of the best COD's for online ever made, Activision wouldn't miss this multi million dollar opportunity by releasing campaign only. Mw, Mw2 and Mw3 are not BC on the xb1 where as every other cod is. With MWR the campaign was playable a month before Multiplayer.

Edited by Z1MZUM

I can sadly see this being true. I'm sure there were a lot of people that played MW1 MP instead of Infinite Warfare MP (I know I did and I never even played Infinite Warfare actually)  . They want people playing the new game so they will spend the money on the $50 season pass. They don't want this to happen with the new game and taking out MP in MW2 could be their solution.

If MW2 ends up not having MP then I will skip it.

Edited by lordzeze

In the re-release of Modern Warfare they already stole the offline multiplayer, now it seems to affect online modes as well. Watch them take out all of the game with MW3...

I would have loved to return to the brilliant multiplayer of MW2 and I probably would have paid an irrational amount of money, but apparently they don't want my money.

Edited by Karlsson89