Worth to start playing solo?

So, I have this game for a long, long time now. Never played it a lot. Tried it out back in 2016, somewhere.

With the announcement of The Division 2, I was wondering if the first one is worth playing from the start. I don't have a lot of people to play with (read: none), so it'll be mainly solo play, and probably randoms in missions.

Is it worth to start it again? Also heard something about graphical updates and such?

You can do all the base game stuff solo or with random from matchmaking. I'd recommend finding a boosting partner for the stuff in the darkzone though. I didn't spend much time in the dlc personally, so I dont know about that. I dont think graphics were updated but they've tooled aroumd with the balance and loot systems a ton. Mostly that affects end game though.

Edited by 2G53

2 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

You can do all the base game stuff solo. I'd recommend finding a boosting partner for the stuff in the darkzone though. I didn't spend much time in the dlc personally, so I dont know about that.

You need just one more person for the online trophies? 

I hate multiplayer and co-op trophies, for what I care, you can get platinums only by playing offline in every game >.<

I think There is no offline mode for this one. You have to be connected but you can play solo and only see other players in the safe houses.

The darkzone is the PvP portion of the game. Its much easier to trade 20 kills with someone than deal with doing it legitimately. When you find rogue agents they are almost always in a pack of four and already have end game gear builds that are optimized heavily for PvP. The PvP in this game has always been unfair to the average player. They've never been able to fix it.

A lot of the game is an open world collect-a-thon. Which is very easy to manage solo. There are some trophies related to completing story missions. For those, I recommend the in-game match making. They are possible solo but some enemies have so much health you'll want four people shooting them so it doesn't take 10 minutes to kill one tanky guy.

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 1

You can play the game with just one other extra player (so a total of two). I did it this way and we did not have any trouble clearing all the missions (even on hard or challenging). The higher level you get and the better gear it is sometimes even easier than the first missions on normal. You also need to complete the whole game with at least 1 other player if you're going for the platinum, since you need to complete 20 missions in co-op. I achieved that trophy after completing the whole game in co-op and then replaying 3 to 4 missions (again in co-op).

Besides the information stated above it is possible to play the whole game solo (if you do not care for those trophies) and it is also possible to play the game co-op with randoms (it still has a very active player base). I personally would not recommend playing the game solo. The game in my opinion really is designed with co-op in mind. I tried starting another character to play with solo, but I experienced a whole different game. When you die in co-op you have multiple ways to get revived. When you die in solo you're just down, have to respawn to checkpoint and do that "phase of the mission" again. This became very tedious and not fun fast.

TL;DR: If going for trophies you need to complete the game (20 missions, main game has less than 20 missions that qualify) with at least another person. Besides that you could play the game solo but it's a lot more boring, frustrating and grindy in my opinion. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did most of the entire base game with randoms.  I did the 1st dlc with randoms.  Survival is actually in my opinion best done solo.  the last dlc you will be matched with randoms.  The game is a long grind to 100%.  At this point in the game you might find it extremely difficult getting the dark zone kills.  people who play the game will mop the floor with you and I don't believe too many casual players mess around much in the Dark Zone. However, there are always boosting sessions for that so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a boosting partner.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/04/2018 at 0:19 AM, steel6burgh said:

I did most of the entire base game with randoms.  I did the 1st dlc with randoms.  Survival is actually in my opinion best done solo.  the last dlc you will be matched with randoms.  The game is a long grind to 100%.  At this point in the game you might find it extremely difficult getting the dark zone kills.  people who play the game will mop the floor with you and I don't believe too many casual players mess around much in the Dark Zone. However, there are always boosting sessions for that so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a boosting partner.

Totally agree. I've been trying to get "Ia am the law" legit way, but this is just too time consuming. I got 1 kill after A LOT of trying. If someone could spare 15 min it would be great. PSN: Leesider 

10 hours ago, Leesider said:

Totally agree. I've been trying to get "Ia am the law" legit way, but this is just too time consuming. I got 1 kill after A LOT of trying. If someone could spare 15 min it would be great. PSN: Leesider 

I got them legit but it was way back when the game was only a few months old and there were still a lot of newbies and weaker players to pick on.  Even then it took some time.  I would get a few kills a night while others were getting 20 kills in one life.  I will never understand the complex gear system in that game.  As much as I tried I never got great.  I had a good build one time for about two days and then they did a rebalancing patch and it totally screwed it up and it was back to the drawing board.

On 3/22/2018 at 1:43 AM, Trellgoth said:

So, I have this game for a long, long time now. Never played it a lot. Tried it out back in 2016, somewhere.

With the announcement of The Division 2, I was wondering if the first one is worth playing from the start. I don't have a lot of people to play with (read: none), so it'll be mainly solo play, and probably randoms in missions.

Is it worth to start it again? Also heard something about graphical updates and such?

Something to keep in mind: The Dark Zone groups players by their main game level (not Dark Zone level), and after level 30, by gear score. This means that your best bet to getting the platinum is to not go past level 29 before doing all of the Dark Zone related trophies, because at 30 you'll be thrown in with the hardcore players who have been doing this for a couple of years. The Dark Zone at lower levels is considerably less populated with experienced players, so the chances are lower that someone will muck up your game. You may find attempting extractions in the higher level areas (DZ05 and DZ06) might be tough if you haven't gone past level 29, but you'll have better odds against the AI than other players.

Sorry if this advice comes too late, but it might be helpful if you haven't got that far.

• Like 2