Playstation IP Ban/Restriction

Satoshi Ookami

Sony's system has several instruments to avoid abuse. A few months ago I had to change both email and password on all of my accounts (it's alot). After a certain amount of changes from my IP, all of my changes have been reversed. I called Sony and they told me that this happened automatically. Maybe your activities were somehow suspicious to "the system". Every change of either email or pasword will be tracked and saved in their database, including time, date and IP adress. That's why I know that I changed the password of my US account 32 times since 2010. :D

I got IP banned once last year, could not login using PS4, PS3, Vita. No idea what is the reason but it resolved itself after a few days.

Recently I also had problem using the mobile app while connecting to my office wifi (even though Vita was ok), the error code indicated an IP ban. It's also back to normal now.

Looks like everything is back to normal.

Guess it really is a matter of time...

As I didn't do anything today (as I mentioned before, I was going to give it a week). Guess I didn't need to wait that long.

Giving it a week or so seems to be the trick if something like this happens to you and you don't want to bother yourself with calling support.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PliskinCobra said:

I got IP banned once last year, could not login using PS4, PS3, Vita. No idea what is the reason but it resolved itself after a few days.

Recently I also had problem using the mobile app while connecting to my office wifi (even though Vita was ok), the error code indicated an IP ban. It's also back to normal now.

Because ur IP change everytime. Sometimes you get an IP which is banned from sony, because an user who had this ip abused something on the sony servers.

11 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Looks like everything is back to normal.

Guess it really is a matter of time...

As I didn't do anything today (as I mentioned before, I was going to give it a week). Guess I didn't need to wait that long.

Giving it a week or so seems to be the trick if something like this happens to you and you don't want to bother yourself with calling support.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Back to normal after a few days! Just as I/we expected. It kind of sucks that you can’t do much in the moment besides waiting. Anyways, congrats on being able to log in again ?

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Talking about Akamai, do they offer any service that would test your IP?

Because I tried to check my IP for blacklisting on various sites and none came positive.

Akamai doesn't provide any information and very scarce help. They provide the service to their customers, they can't do anything or help without their consent. Do you think Sony is going to give any consent?

The IP blacklisting sites are completely crappy and unuseful. Again it's only Sony that's blocking you. Let me take a wild guess and say that I'm sure that you have absolutely no other issues with any other site whatsoever...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cris3f said:

The IP blacklisting sites are completely crappy and unuseful. Again it's only Sony that's blocking you. Let me take a wild guess and say that I'm sure that you have absolutely no other issues with any other site whatsoever...

Yep, no issues obviously 381376953921568768.png?v=1 

12 hours ago, chellesan said:

its good to see you didnt lose your trophy a day event

Because no online, Vita physical, weeb games :awesome: 

It's no problem to be without online :awesome: 

• 1 year later...
On 23/03/2018 at 4:30 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Talking about Akamai, do they offer any service that would test your IP?

Because I tried to check my IP for blacklisting on various sites and none came positive.

I recently discovered a page on the Akamai site which might give a clue about why the IP ban is in place:

https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/

It lets you view your IP's reputation with Akamai and should explain what suspicious activity they detected.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, thought the link might be useful to others who stumble across this thread via Google as I did.

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Talkbackxx said:

This is interesting, because I got the error code 80710016, which seems to be an IP band, but I don't illegally download anything, or visit any bad sites. This is so ridiculous.

I just got that code on my ps3, ps4 won't load stuff and neither will my psn app.

It worked earlier today when I synced some ps3 trophies so hopefully its just a server issue.

Not my WiFi because twitch isn't lagging at all and thats the first thing to go.

Edit -Twitter is complaining about psn being down , its probably server issues.

Edited by charxsetsuna
Spelling