It was a good game

44 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

buy the original version instead...

Uhhh...no? I mean, this release has a bunch of issues that can be patched over time (and yes I don't like it, I'm all against patches and I wish developers would release working games day one but...nothing we can do about it, seems like the norm now is releasing games that need a patch or multiple patches to make them work correctly. Also I've been able to collect most of the trophies without issues and a lot of people are getting the platinum trophy so those issues don't affect trophies), but the original requires you to own an EyeToy Camera to earn all trophies. This remastered has those trophies removed instead.

Edited by crashratchet

7 hours ago, crashratchet said:

Uhhh...no? I mean, this release has a bunch of issues that can be patched over time (and yes I don't like it, I'm all against patches and I wish developers would release working games day one but...nothing we can do about it, seems like the norm now is releasing games that need a patch or multiple patches to make them work correctly. Also I've been able to collect most of the trophies without issues and a lot of people are getting the platinum trophy so those issues don't affect trophies), but the original requires you to own an EyeToy Camera to earn all trophies. This remastered has those trophies removed instead.

So definitely get the version that is screwed up, half-finished and needs another 6 months of work to fix the issues rather than get the version that works because that one requires you to have an eyetoy to complete the trophy list??? Why even bother to play the game anyway...just get the CFW, hack the lists and pop the trophies...hell, if you aren't going to play the game for the enjoyment factor and only care about "THE TROPHIES" you might as well cut the chase and go straight the end. No wonder you kids are killing each other in schools. You don't understand how to relax, unwind and enjoy yourselves. Everything isn't a fargin competition or self-esteem building seminar. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:03 AM, PSXtreme_ said:

So definitely get the version that is screwed up, half-finished and needs another 6 months of work to fix the issues rather than get the version that works because that one requires you to have an eyetoy to complete the trophy list??? Why even bother to play the game anyway...just get the CFW, hack the lists and pop the trophies...hell, if you aren't going to play the game for the enjoyment factor and only care about "THE TROPHIES" you might as well cut the chase and go straight the end. No wonder you kids are killing each other in schools. You don't understand how to relax, unwind and enjoy yourselves. Everything isn't a fargin competition or self-esteem building seminar. 

Hahahahaha, if anyone needs to relax and unwind, it's you.

• Like 4

The game is most definitely worth the 40 dollars, the trophies of course came with ease on this set, having earned quite a bit of them in just one sitting. On the other hand having never played the original on PS3 one may find certain burning routes to be frustrating, as they are meant to be. I never really wanted to actually obtain the Plat but more so just fuck shit up in badass cars that one could not dare dream of..

Just saying.

On 3/23/2018 at 5:03 AM, PSXtreme_ said:

Take your meds.

Burnout Paradise City is probably the best racing game on the market at this point, not in the sense of graphics, which in my opinion is the least important component to a good game (Though it appears this is a controversial topic) but from the point of view of gameplay. There are tons of cars to choose from, you don't have to worry about buying additional dlc or micro-transactions, just buy a game which is worth 60 at 40 dollars and run with it. Controlling cars is pretty tight, there are a few which have a hard time turning, like the Toy Cars, but overall feel great to drive. The map is well designed, there are just enough events for it to be alright to replay them without it feeling super repetitive. The online is also really great, with Freeburn events and being able to go toe to toe with people on roads to see who really is the fastest, though I wish there was a global or at least a regional leader board for road times and the works. Overall a fantastic game, if it wasn't obvious, I recommend it wholeheartedly :P

• Like 2

• 3 months later...