Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

What about if Sony allows you to delete trophies on your account? Would you delete your incompleted games? Those 100% impossibles? Or just keep 'em all? I know that most of the players have an annoying PES, FIFA, NBA or any sports game that can't be completed because servers closed.

In my case, i only have three games that i can't complete at 100%. Killzone 2 (VGC), GTA V (Run like the wind) and Gran Turismo 5 (circuit and photo share). I have GTA V near the 100% and i really think that Rockstar will fix it one day, so i would only erase the other two.

By the way... do you think that this will be possible someday? Or the trophies will be earnables in the future (without being flagged)?

I know what i said is crazy, but dreaming is free, you know...

Edited by AN0n1m8
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, AN0n1m8 said:

What about if Sony allows you to delete trophies on your account? Would you delete your incompleted games? Those 100% impossibles? Or just keep 'em all? I know that most of the players have an annoying PES, FIFA, NBA or any sports game that can't be completed because servers closed.

In my case, i only have three games that i can't complete at 100%. Killzone 2 (VGC), GTA V (Run like the wind) and Gran Turismo 5 (circuit and photo share). I have GTA V near the 100% and i really think that Rockstar will fix it one day, so i would only erase the other two.

By the way... do you think that this will be possible someday? Or the trophies will be earnables in the future (without being flagged)?

I know what i said is crazy, but dreaming is free, you know...

Yes, definitely. SO MANY games I will never play that are incomplete :( 

• Like 1

Nah, I wouldn’t delete anything. The few games I have with unobtainable trophies don’t bother me. I can still do 99.8% of the rest of the games since nothing on my list is heavy multiplayer. 

Plus, they’re just trophies. The number of PlayStation gamers who take them so seriously is minuscule, Sony isn’t going to ever bother with a Delete option for earned trophies. If they did, how would you know which trophy lists are completely artificial and which are genuine? Deleting earned trophies isn’t any better than CFW adding trophies. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

yes, i would delete some lists, like Trine 2 so i can replay it on PS4 in his better version (and with a most difficult platinum). Or Duke Nukem Megaton Edition and Metal Slug 3, so i can buy the platinum versions of those one and do them. Or Sleeping Dogs on ps3, so i can buy and replay it on PS4 just for fun.

Yes, i don't do multiple plats, so deleting the trophy lists in my case, it's just a matter of change a 100% list into a platinum list.

• Like 1

Would be handy to have alright but still I'd never bother doing it. I've got rid of a few really shit 0% ones in the past but I really don't see the point in starting it with games that have progression on. 

At first it'll will be a case of deleting any with 1-5%. Then the fiendishness will set in, ah its 70% buts its shit I'll never bother going back to it..... Or that, yea fuck it delete, delete, delete..... 

By the time you done you've dropped down 10 levels lols

In a heartbeat. It's not that I would want to hide my "failures" or anything like that (I don't have all that many, anyway), but I would like my trophy list to only contain the games I actually enjoyed enough to keep in my collection, not to be an all-time personal gaming history record. Furthermore, my brother played a lot of games on my profile (even enough to get the Platinum on at least half of them) before we realized he could just have his own profile within the same console, so as it stands, my profile doesn't show my personal gaming history anyway.

Basically, I would like the ability to treat trophy lists just the same as game saves. If I want them, I can keep them. If I don't, they go away. No skin off my back.

(If Sony allowed you to hide trophies from even yourself, though, then I would be more than satisfied).

Edited by Zenpai
  • Like 3

I'd like to delete Shadow of Mordor PS3, since I don't even have the game, but I suppose I could also just hide it if I truly cared. I don't really like the idea, though. There is the leaderboard and levels to consider. Also it would completely migitate completion tracking since anyone could get 100% with a click of a button, making profiles about as much of a joke as Jak 2's platinum.

I'm torn on the subject. I know I'm not good enough to ever complete GT5 and Wipeout on the PS3 and thus enabling me to get rid off the old thing, but I've put 100's of hours into them and wouldn't delete the lists anyway, even if I could.

But 8DAYS, I'd delete the shit out of that list.

I would feel very comfortable with an option to hide trophy lists, but I think I'd primarily use it for games that I am unable to finish up, whether it's because I don't have the game or the system anymore. I don't see much a point in deleting any trophy lists for games that I still have a chance of completing, because I've came back and finished some games after 5 years before.