Would you delete a trophy list if Sony allowed it?

El-Sublime-

Started a game, got a trophy only for launching it and realized I am not comfortable with the game within the first few minutes. Wish I could delete lists like that :P 

I know that many completionists are testing games on a second account first, but I never bothered with a testing account before, so I'm now stuck with it. Luckily, it's nothing too bad since hiding is a thing. 

If I could, I would delete the games that caused me motion sickness. They are currently hidden on my profile and it bothers me because it's not about skills or time or anything, I just can't play them.

• Like 1

The hide option is enough for me, as I use this site to maintain a backlog more than anything else. Would I use it? tbh, I'm not sure. If the servers are closed for the game, then most likely, but I still like looking back and laughing at the crap I used to play.

Just stuff I have hidden which is mostly terrible games I hated but gave a free trophy so early on in it that I can't get it off my list. Only exception is the EU version of Burnout Paradise which I got from PS+ for free when the PSN hack happened. But never felt like importing the EU version to keep playing it. So hidden it is.

No. There are some I'd like to get rid of just for the sake of cleanliness on my list, but it doesn't really bother me that much anymore. Plus deleting earned trophies would screw up all of my milestone trophies, and I worked hard to set some of those up the way I wanted them.

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

I probably wouldn't, but there are some games I'd like to play again, and being able to earn the trophies a second time would be kinda fun.

I hadn't thought about that angle, but that would be interesting.

Edited by ONUOsFan

Deleting games you either completed or earned a trophy or two on them just destroys the entire purpose of accomplishment, and really being a trophy hunter in the first place.

By this example this is taking things a step further from just hiding games. People can hide 1,000 trophies or more from their public profile if they so choose, they're still going to be on there when they look at their trophy lists on the XMB for their PS3/PS4.

Allowing this will just have people delete every game they have that is either incomplete or is unobtainable to earn a platinum. All of a sudden everybody has a 100 percent account that they DID NOT EARN because quite frankly anybody can delete games as they please. Keeping a 100 percent account is not all that easy, as DLC and such gets added to games someone has already finished.

Then of course there could be that situation where you couldn't get a platinum trophy in time because the online servers closed. For that you would just move on and accept that the game you were playing now has unobtainable trophies.

• Like 2

Nah. One thing I've learned is that in life, nothing is perfect and generally I've found I'm a lot happier and less stressed accepting that. While a PSN profile is way down the list of priorities in life the same principle applies. Besides that it's a history of everything I've played, it's something I can look at and remember the good and bad times, memories aren't something I'd want to erase. 

• Like 1

I would like to have the option of playing the game again so you can pop the trophies again,  and see whether you can better the time,   as I for just over a year with no wifi so could not set to internet time,    took me 6 more months to worked out I had to set it to Internet on ps4.  which means I have not got a clue how long it took me to complete some games. 

No. I'd probably think on it for a long time before finally deciding that I would keep my unobtainable trophy lists and could make a decision in the future to delete them if I felt it was important, and then proceed to never make that decision :P

Well I'd love to delete the games I have already hidden in my profile.

these games are PS+ mostly (and there ist GTA4 and 5, too) bc my brother and my boyfriend tried them without changing the active profile.

I just failed to tell them I don't want it and that days it wasn't such a big deal but I highly regret it now.

But I still can see the hidden games, so it doesn't feel enough for me.

I even started to play a few of the games to complete them so They wouldn't bother me anymore but I'd rather delete them and NOTplay them.

The games I played and maybe failed to complete them (duck tales T_T it's fucking hard to complete!) I would never delete

this is my effort it was fun to TRY, it was my decision. but the 2% lists of payday, playstation all stars BR or gta5 which is even unobtainable these days? I never wanted to play these so I'd love to make them go away!

No.  I like my list as it is.

I also do hope that this never becomes an option.  Sure, there will be a few people that will just delete a few lists for good reasons and leave it at that.  That's ok, but we all know what will really happen.  There will be even more people that delete everything they can't or don't want to 100% to maintain a "perfect" account.  Bleh.