Difficulty rating for a beginner/no experience gamer?

Deluziion90

Hey all,

questions goes to anyone who played this game already.

I was wondering how difficult this game is. And for difficulty im looking at:

- Is there shooting/aiming involved?

- how is the walking and fast reactions stuff

I'm asking this as my girlfriend wants to play this game with me. First of all NO OFFENSE to anyone but she's the kind that only plays Sims/2-D mario games/mobile games. So her experience in 3D gaming is close to zero ?.

Two things for now I can compare is we did manage to finish Little big planet 3 100% together (excluding the no death stuff)

she was horrible at playing a game like crash bandicoot

Hope anyone can answer this as it's kinda hard to tell.

And again no offense to anyone playing the above mentioned games only. We all have our own thing!

Thanks!

• Like 3

She should be fine. The game is super easy- if you've heard of/seen any telltale games it's very much like that. More or less a cinematic experience with button pressing for certain actions. Not too many quick time events- you have plenty of time to press buttons in most cases. There is movement but it's as easy has pushing the left stick. Couple stealth/chase parts but honestly nothing too difficult. (UPDATED FOR ACCURACY: There is shooting. But one player can do it all if the other is very inexperienced. Bit of driving but this game is too good to miss over a little driving. It definitely felt that the game is very forgiving in these sections when it comes to health). Overall loving the game so far and I highly recommend you guys try it!

Edited by igs63
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, igs63 said:

She should be fine. The game is super easy- if you've heard of/seen any telltale games it's very much like that. More or less a cinematic experience with button pressing for certain actions. Not too many quick time events- you have plenty of time to press buttons in most cases. There is movement but it's as easy has pushing the left stick. Couple stealth/chase parts but honestly nothing too difficult. No shooting/aiming yet as far as I've played (honestly I doubt there will be any aiming at all, considering the type of game). Overall loving the game so far and I highly recommend you guys try it!

Thank you very much for the detailed description! Guess we will go for a platinum then?

• Like 1

Yes, the game is very linear.

Having now finished the game I felt obligated to come and update my answer. There's a lot of aiming/shooting/driving at the end. HOWEVER, I say don't let this deter you as remember, this is a coop game where you work together thus if need be one player can pretty much take on all the shooting and the other one can hide in cover and follow on through. Only issue is probably driving, each player has a chance to drive a fair amount. Although, don't let this deter anyone from this game. It's a masterpiece.

Just now, TheWolfIsNotDead said:

Some people have got the platinum in less under 30 minutes. Does anyone know how this is possible? Is chapter select a thing you can do?

After finishing the game chapter select is indeed an option.

With some planning ahead I think it's possible

• Like 1