Ratchet & Clank Speedy Trophy

tinman_1954

I know about the speed pads and the rings and I have watched the video on how to get it. Been trying to copy it to a " T " but I can't seem to get the thrust like in the video is showing. Is there a thrust button I'm suppose to be pushing? Have no problem with tricks or getting the thrust bar to fill, I just don't know how to tap into it and use it. What am I missing or not doing here?

I am having one hell of a time trying to get this trophy! My best time is 1:35.26 and I can't seem to break that 1:35 barrier. My jump heights and turn angles coming off the same ramps is never consistent. One time I jump higher than necessary and the next time I barely come off the ground and miss the jump all together. The problem is I don't know or understand the rules or requirements to achieve what I want to do. Example: what do the rings control and what do the arrow pads control? What is the yellow colored bar across the top of the screen for? Does performing certain jump tricks affect or control anything and if so how? I don't know how to use the controller to get what I want either. Example: when jumping do I tap the X button or hold it down while jumping? What affects or controls the height, distance and turn radius of each jump? Does L3 control jump distance or speed? Is there a thrust button? I am beginning to believe this trophy is not based on skill. Just in luck. Can anyone help me out here? God I miss the days when you use to get a basic operating and instruction manual with a game! How can you enjoy something if you don't understand how to use it? Just goes to show how cheap developers have gotten now a days, but that's a whole different subject. lol       P.S. I would go out and get a strategy guide but they want 60$ for one. Forget that! This game only cost me 20$.

1 hour ago, tinman_1954 said:

I am having one hell of a time trying to get this trophy! My best time is 1:35.26 and I can't seem to break that 1:35 barrier. My jump heights and turn angles coming off the same ramps is never consistent. One time I jump higher than necessary and the next time I barely come off the ground and miss the jump all together. The problem is I don't know or understand the rules or requirements to achieve what I want to do. Example: what do the rings control and what do the arrow pads control? What is the yellow colored bar across the top of the screen for? Does performing certain jump tricks affect or control anything and if so how? I don't know how to use the controller to get what I want either. Example: when jumping do I tap the X button or hold it down while jumping? What affects or controls the height, distance and turn radius of each jump? Does L3 control jump distance or speed? Is there a thrust button? I am beginning to believe this trophy is not based on skill. Just in luck. Can anyone help me out here? God I miss the days when you use to get a basic operating and instruction manual with a game! How can you enjoy something if you don't understand how to use it? Just goes to show how cheap developers have gotten now a days, but that's a whole different subject. lol       P.S. I would go out and get a strategy guide but they want 60$ for one. Forget that! This game only cost me 20$.

Do you have all the gold bolts? You can cheese this by using a slow down time cheat and earn the trophy that way. If you feel like you need to get it now, just watch a Youtube video.and mimic what they do. No need to buy a strategy guide for a single trophy.

The hoverboard minigame took a bit of practice for me to do right.

I found the original to be a bit harder because you have to do a Twisty McMarx whereas in the PS4 reboot you just needed to finish the hoverboard race at a certain time.

It's going to be a bitch on the Vita when I get around to that version.

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It's going to be a bitch on the Vita when I get around to that version.

It’s only a bitch because the pads on the back of the vita are so small and obscure, it makes it almost impossible to find. Remapping would make it just as easy as the PS3 version but unfortunately that’s not possible. 

Edited by Dark

Only have 30 of the gold bolts. Have watched the video on getting this trophy and tried to follow it to the "T" but even making a perfect run doesn't give me the time need to get the trophy. I'm always just a few 10th of a second short. Been doing nothing but trying to get this for over 2 weeks now. Getting very frustrated and angry with it. How do you do a slow down time cheat? Never heard of anything like that.

39 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Do you have all the gold bolts? You can cheese this by using a slow down time cheat and earn the trophy that way. If you feel like you need to get it now, just watch a Youtube video.and mimic what they do. No need to buy a strategy guide for a single trophy.

12 minutes ago, tinman_1954 said:

Only have 30 of the gold bolts. Have watched the video on getting this trophy and tried to follow it to the "T" but even making a perfect run doesn't give me the time need to get the trophy. I'm always just a few 10th of a second short. Been doing nothing but trying to get this for over 2 weeks now. Getting very frustrated and angry with it. How do you do a slow down time cheat? Never heard of anything like that.

The cheat is only available in the PS4 version, the original has nothing like that. In the original gold bolts are used to make gold weapons on NG+.

The hover course is a annoying but once you get it down you'll always know how to do it. You need to hit as many speedpads as possible, don't do any tricks as it slows you down. You also need to try and cut as many corners, even at the start do a just to jump across. When you go past the massive ramp don't use it, stay on the floor and you can do a massive jump cut to the right. Just keep in might there are invisible walls and they'll knock you down, there's plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it.

Also by the sounds of it you're talking about the second area and not Midgar however it's spelt. So I'll answer the questions. 

-The rings open a shortcut, you need to get all three and it'll open

-There's a boost button, circle I believe. The bar fills up whenever you hit boxes or do tricks, don't do tricks when trying to get the trophy

- If you tap the X button it's a short jump, holding it makes him jump higher and stay in the air for longer.

Edited by LuciaRosethorn

30 minutes ago, jamaicanchampion said:

Lol you are lucky. I had to do this trophy on vita! I just got it like 5 minutes ago. I can get 1:35 in a couple of tries on the PS2, but the vita makes it so much more harder. I used this video to help me but I have a feeling you already seen it

Yeah the Vita version is going to be tough.

I hear getting a L2/R2 attachment for the handheld can help but I haven't fully tested it.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Yeah the Vita version is going to be tough.

I hear getting a L2/R2 attachment for the handheld can help but I haven't fully tested it.

They should had made the touch pad on the back L2,L3,R2,R3. I just got my vita yesterday and I didn't even know it had a touch pad. The only games I played on it is My name is Mayo, Jak 1, Jak 2 and Ratchet and Clank 1. Using L2,L3,R2 and R3 is so hard. I bet the touch pad is even more useless then the PS4 touch pad. They should had just made it the L2,L3,R2 and R3 buttons.

Just now, jamaicanchampion said:

They should had made the touch pad on the back L2,L3,R2,R3. I just got my vita yesterday and I didn't even know it had a touch pad. The only games I played on it is My name is Mayo, Jak 1, Jak 2 and Ratchet and Clank 1. Using L2,L3,R2 and R3 is so hard. I bet the touch pad is even more useless then the PS4 touch pad. They should had just made it the L2,L3,R2 and R3 buttons.

I don't mind the front touchpad. I've played a couple games (Taco Master and Uncharted: Fight for Fortune) that exclusively just use the front touchpad.

The back touchpad I think was a bit stupid and unnecessary. I think Sony could of easily added a L2/R2 button to the handheld and made the L1/R1 buttons a bit smaller.

Have fun with the Jak games. I played them for a few minutes and found the framerate horrible.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I don't mind the front touchpad. I've played a couple games (Taco Master and Uncharted: Fight for Fortune) that exclusively just use the front touchpad.

The back touchpad I think was a bit stupid and unnecessary. I think Sony could of easily added a L2/R2 button to the handheld and made the L1/R1 buttons a bit smaller.

Have fun with the Jak games. I played them for a few minutes and found the framerate horrible.

Yeah I already quit Jak 2 due to the frame rate and I know Jak 3 will be just as bad so im not even going to try it. Jak 1 is bad also but I used the new debug mode so all I have to do is get all of the Orbs and scout flies and a couple of other quest. Im going to do one level a day so I should get the trophy soon. Also what do you mean by the front touchpad? Do you just mean the screen or is there another touch pad in the front that I am not seeing?

5 minutes ago, jamaicanchampion said:

Yeah I already quit Jak 2 due to the frame rate and I know Jak 3 will be just as bad so im not even going to try it. Jak 1 is bad also but I used the new debug mode so all I have to do is get all of the Orbs and scout flies and a couple of other quest. Im going to do one level a day so I should get the trophy soon. Also what do you mean by the front touchpad? Do you just mean the screen or is there another touch pad in the front that I am not seeing?

I don't blame you. I'm going to try to get through the Jak trilogy legit, I know the games fairly well and can finish them fairly quickly.

The front touchpad is the screen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

The cheat is only available in the PS4 version, the original has nothing like that. In the original gold bolts are used to make gold weapons on NG+.

The hover course is a annoying but once you get it down you'll always know how to do it. You need to hit as many speedpads as possible, don't do any tricks as it slows you down. You also need to try and cut as many corners, even at the start do a just to jump across. When you go past the massive ramp don't use it, stay on the floor and you can do a massive jump cut to the right. Just keep in might there are invisible walls and they'll knock you down, there's plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it.

Also by the sounds of it you're talking about the second area and not Midgar however it's spelt. So I'll answer the questions. 

-There's a boost button, circle I believe. The bar fills up whenever you hit boxes or do tricks, don't do tricks when trying to get the trophy

- If you tap the X button it's a short jump, holding it makes him jump higher and stay in the air for longer.

I'm playing the Ratchet & Clank Collection PS3 version and trying to get the speedy trophy which can only be obtained at the Blackwater City Race Track on planet Rilgar. The area you are talking about is the Gadgetron Site on Planet Kalebo III which is a different trophy altogether. That one requires performing so many trick jumps to obtain a total of 4,500 points for the trophy. The video I have been trying to copy is in the PSNProfiles Ratchet & Clank Trophy Guide and on YouTube and it requires certain trick jumps to be made to obtain that trophy. The blue rings I'm talking about I believe are some kind of speed ring to increase speed only to a certain speed and no more. If you hit 2 of them close together it doesn't double your speed which I think is bull. I have tried different approaches and techniques and unfortunately can't seem to break that 1:35:00 barrier. My best time was 1:35:26 and my last attempt was 1:35:42. My problem is that I don't know or understand the mechanics of the race track or controls and how to use them because I don't know what all of them are, i.e. boost button. Is there one and if so where is it located at on the controller? There are also times when I'll be going fast around the race track and all of a sudden I slow down even after shortly crossing what I believe is suppose to be a speed boost pad. Why? These are but a few things I don't know or understand.

6 hours ago, Dark said:

It’s only a bitch because the pads on the back of the vita are so small and obscure, it makes it almost impossible to find. Remapping would make it just as easy as the PS3 version but unfortunately that’s not possible. 

Get a PS TV. You can even sync up a PS3 or PS4 controller with it.

PSTV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vita, imo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

20 hours ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

After all these hours I FINALLY got the Speedy Trophy and it wasn't done anything like they showed in the video. I think is was just pure luck on my part or maybe pity on theirs. Thanks for all the help guys.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 5:04 PM, 2G53 said:

In pretty sure its L2 by default. I haven't played it for a few weeks though.

It's actually the square button he should be using. The L2 button is one of the four button options used to hold down while spinning in the air.