Where is the platinum?

Hogie838

This game could have had so many more trophies added. They could have split the ‘earn 300 stars’ and ‘complete all marathons’. They also could have had separate trophies for each marathon.

Considering how difficult this game is, it just doesn’t make sense to me... ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The gold trophy I need is an absolute bitch. 

Getting 300 stars is bad enough for people who are NOT adapt at platformers. But having to marathon ALL ZONES WITHOUT DYING OR RESTARTING AND 3-STAR ALL LEVELS IN ONE SINGLE GO is extremely difficult and requires lots of patience and a fair amount of skill. 

Getting this game to 100 percent in trophies is worth more than a lot of platinums out there. 

Respect to the guys who managed to finish this game. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Comparing this game to SMB is a big exaggeration... No single trophy requires such amount of practice like dreaded Cotton Alley deathless runs. But it's not an easy game by any means, easily 6-7 in difficulty.

The main reason why it's not so bad as it seems as not every level requires that much effort to 3 star, maybe 2-3 levels out of 10... And they're placed on the beginning of the marathon often, so it's not that last level is a run breaker.

The fact that you can stop before every level, play the hint and safely plan your route also helps a lot... Too bad it's very often broken and you need to either utilize hints (which are very annoying to get in big number as Kat's Crate Smash which unlocks them gets progressively harder) or play with a video.

Lacks of platinum obviously hurts, but it also makes the last trophy so rare I think... Being on PS+, hardly anyone wanted to put an effort for such unrewarding set of trophies. This is definitely laziness of devs as Steam has the very same set of trophies... But why not make every trophy gold and put a plat?

I somehow almost pulled it off as game turned to be pretty fun, but also kinda boring at times and it takes forever to X rank all those marathons... I hope I join the 100% club this weekend (9/11 X ranks, so I've only 2 left).

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 2:40 AM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Comparing this game to SMB is a big exaggeration... No single trophy requires such amount of practice like dreaded Cotton Alley deathless runs. But it's not an easy game by any means, easily 6-7 in difficulty.

The main reason why it's not so bad as it seems as not every level requires that much effort to 3 star, maybe 2-3 levels out of 10... And they're placed on the beginning of the marathon often, so it's not that last level is a run breaker.

The fact that you can stop before every level, play the hint and safely plan your route also helps a lot... Too bad it's very often broken and you need to either utilize hints (which are very annoying to get in big number as Kat's Crate Smash which unlocks them gets progressively harder) or play with a video.

Lacks of platinum obviously hurts, but it also makes the last trophy so rare I think... Being on PS+, hardly anyone wanted to put an effort for such unrewarding set of trophies. This is definitely laziness of devs as Steam has the very same set of trophies... But why not make every trophy gold and put a plat?

I somehow almost pulled it off as game turned to be pretty fun, but also kinda boring at times and it takes forever to X rank all those marathons... I hope I join the 100% club this weekend (9/11 X ranks, so I've only 2 left).

He just made a quick point comparing this to Super Meat Boy.

10 seconds is the max time limit for the levels, and restarting is basically instant.

YouTube videos often help with getting better and improving your skills. A lot of levels have shortcuts you can utilize to get faster times. The difficulty is mostly in the Marathon Mode. Going through all 10 levels in a zone without any dying, restarts or taking too long will require a lot of practice.

Well, I very much wish Mega Man 10, Sonic Mania, Aaru's Awakening, Uncharted: Fight for Fortune and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon to all have platinum trophies. Completing those games are worth more in my opinion than a lot of platinums out there. But... nothing we can do about it.

The game is pretty short, easily doable in 10 hours or less if you're good. It took me just over four days of playing with a couple days of inactivity to beat it.

Edited by Spaz

@Spaz, he actually compared 10SNX to SMB difficulty-wise "slightly easier version of Super Meat Boy" and the part slightly just doesn't fit well. We're comparing 6-7 difficulty game (and you agreed on that) to 9-10 difficulty game.

I wrote my post because trophy percentage and opinions of you two suggested it will be unbelievably hard game, whereas it doesn't match rarity (quite a few harder games that was on PS+ like Downwell, Furi, even Velocity 2X has higher rarity). But again, this may be due to unrewarding set of trophies (maybe with platinum rarity would be higher).

If I'm not mistaken, you've wrote this post before you got Wooooooooooooooah - Livin' on a prayer, so I guess you were exaggerating the amount of effort needed for this game at the time.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

If I'm not mistaken, you've wrote this post before you got Wooooooooooooooah - Livin' on a prayer, so I guess you were exaggerating the amount of effort needed for this game at the time.

None of my friends and family do any trophy or achievement hunting, so I basically post on here to let off some steam.

I used to make posts on Facebook and Twitter, but I've cut ties to both websites for reasons I stated a month or two ago in updates. It's often better to let it out, then let your feelings make you feel bad.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, Wuthg21 said:

Dead topic , but I got a question. I'm done with the first 5 marathon modes (I'm doing everything in order of the game) , and got 6 left, can anyone tell me if the upcoming marathons are hard, or if they all stay the 'same' difficulty

Ironically the first area of the game I felt was the hardest to X Rank in Marathon Mode.

Basically if you did the first five marathon modes, the rest should come to you with enough practice. I didn't think any particular area other than maybe the first was anything notable in difficulty spikes.

Definitely a skill dependent game to 100 percent.

• Like 1

On 25-2-2020 at 4:03 PM, Spaz said:

Ironically the first area of the game I felt was the hardest to X Rank in Marathon Mode.

Basically if you did the first five marathon modes, the rest should come to you with enough practice. I didn't think any particular area other than maybe the first was anything notable in difficulty spikes.

Definitely a skill dependent game to 100 percent.

Played through the legacy levels pretty quickly, seems they have a really tight time to get, and legacy world 5 that first level seems like a run breaker (fortunately it's the first level) 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/24/2018 at 6:39 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Isn't it a pretty low budget game? I find games priced under 15$ generally don't have platinums.

Oh how times have changed! Psn store is now littered with easy trash games anywhere from 49¢ to $1.99 all with platinum trophies. Someone can easily get over 100 platinum trophies in less than 24 hours. 

On 4/12/2018 at 5:08 AM, Schrimpey said:

the sad thing is games like "My Name is Mayo" have a Platin.

And hard games Like this just 100%.

Its sad...

because i dont know if its worth the effort u put in...

PSN store is littered with trash games now with easy trophies.... I see some profiles with over 100 platinum trophies earned in less than 1 day!! Trophies don't really mean anything anymore. 

• 1 year later...

I guess the best way to measure trophies is UR trophies. I started to focus on games I like and then some more challenging games with UR to boost the number. It is surprisingly fun to push myself in order to get those. Like 300 stars and marathon X rank trophies here.
Sadly Platinum count does not matter anymore but hard games do! Because  those lazy folks that go for "Stroke your dog" etc. can't do them, it is to much for them to push in order to achieve something to be proud of.

• Like 1