What Live Performances Have You Seen?

ReverieCode

That's it, have you been to some concerts? If so, what bands? where/when?

I saw U2 when they came to Sevilla, Spain as part of their 360º Tour. One of the most spectacular things I've ever seen:

sevilla.jpg

I also went to see Foo Fighters in Madrid. Dave Grohl is awesome!!

And I love Nirvana, at least I can say I saw the drummer

What about you?

EDIT: I went to Arctic Monkeys! Barcelona, 2013, and I was relatively close to the stage, so it was awesome. Really great when they played Mardy Bum as acoustic version.

Edited by Playsonic2

Oh I'd love to have seen one of U2's 360 performances live. I saw the recording and it just looks so epic. I'm not well versed when it comes to live performances, so far I've only ever seen The Coronas last Arthur's Day. It was great fun even though I had no idea what all but one of their songs was :P

• Like 1

Quite a few back in my teenage years and early 20s, the most memorablewere the following few:

• Megadeth
  • Audioslave / Disturbed / Deftones / Marilyn Manson (same festival)
  • Static-X / Linkin Park / Marilyn Manson / Anger / Muse / Korn (another festival)
  • Painstruck / Stone Sour
  • Caliban / God Forbid / Machine Head

all of them were held in Portugal, either in Porto or Lisbon

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

for the past 12 years ive gone to see bands play atleast once a week. this past year its gone down a consideral amount given my family obligations and school and what not but yah... i dont think youd want me to list the bands ive seen... or the amount of times ive seen them

Saw Billy Talent together with Anti-Flag and Arkells (amazing concert, it was just a bit too hot in the arena), and We Are The Ocean together with The James Cleaver Quintet. The cool thing was that the We Are The Ocean concert was in a little Bar in Hamburg and the band stayed there after the concert and talked to the fans. Got myself a completely signed CD and some photos. I'm going to see them next month again, can't wait! :)

• Like 2

hey'll be here again this year on the 29th of May, if I'm not mistaken. That might be your chance ;) .

Wasn't aware of that, I'll see if I can make it!

By the way, I forgot to mention: I saw Interpol in the U2 concert, and The Gaslight Anthem in Foo Fighters.

In FF's show there was also another group, spanish one.. but I arrived late and missed it :P

Have seen Metallica 3 times inc at Wembley, Foo Fighters at Wembley. Also seen AC/DC twice, Motorhead, Green Day and loads of others.

Had the pleasure of seeing The Big 4 at Sonisphere festival as well.

Probably the only thing i love more than gaming is live music - may be a sin on here, sorry!

Edited by freddie1989
  • Like 1

I've been to 100s of gigs also.

My most notable:

My first ever gig: Blink 182 when I was 11. (2003)

Second ever: Red Hot Chilli Peppers in Hyde Park (2004 I think), had VIP golden circle and put up in a swanky hotel for the weekend xD

Favourite gigs: Rise Against (2011) Mindless Self Indulgence (2012) While She Sleeps (2012)

Most memorable because I met the band...: Bury Tomorrow w/ The Ghost Inside (2013)

First festival: Download 2012. Highlights: Metallica, The Prodigy, Rise Against, Black Sabbath, La Dispute, Cancer Bats, Machine Head, Billy Talent, Biffy Clyro. Tenacious D, Gallows.

I'm from England and this man came touring around most schools. He came talking about achieving something and don't do drugs. Unfortunately my school was not the best at the time and the end of YR11 with 2 people preggers, people who ran away from home, some sad deaths and people going to jail. The tour was basically a waste of his time but here is the song he sung to us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5OtFosqtbM

Edited by EmperorDrizzle

My most notable:

Second ever: Red Hot Chilli Peppers in Hyde Park (2004 I think), had VIP golden circle and put up in a swanky hotel for the weekend xD

Favourite gigs: Rise Against (2011) Mindless Self Indulgence (2012) While She Sleeps (2012)

Most memorable because I met the band...: Bury Tomorrow w/ The Ghost Inside (2013)

First festival: Download 2012. Highlights: Metallica, The Prodigy, Rise Against, Black Sabbath, La Dispute, Cancer Bats, Machine Head, Billy Talent, Biffy Clyro. Tenacious D, Gallows.

love the ghost inside. met them when their first album came out in...2008?

My most notable:

I also went to Download 2012 as well as 2010 & 11, it was brilliant last year - Metallica doig the Black album in full was a once in a lifetime experience as was someone of my age seeing Black Sabbath live!!!

Just wanted to ask, are Rise Against good live because i love the band but missed them due to a clash and always wanted to see them?