What Live Performances Have You Seen?

ReverieCode

Metallica with Slipknot as support in Copenhagen, 2003. Same day as Slipknot released their Vol.3 album.

Sweden Rock Festival many times. It's more for people 5-10 years older than me, but it's fun having seen all the Rock icons who played there.

Seen my favourites Opeth a few times on various places.

My sister was a band booker for a local 1-day-festival for over 15 years. So I've not only seen but hung out backstage with most of the great metal, rock and pop acts Sweden can offer.

Sadly not Opeth though, they where always touring internationally so they could never be booked. The festival is now cancelled since 5 years ago.

Top off my wishlist: Tool / A Perfect Circle. Anything with Maynard really. Steven Wilson would also be unreal.

Upwards of 30 I reckon, had to wait a while to see some as they need to tour out to Australia, but some of them include:

Foo Fighters x3

The Eagles

Guns and Roses

Arctic Monkeys

Basement + The Story So Far

Bloc Party

Foals x2

Gang of Youths

Foster The People

Northlane x2

Ball Park Music x5

Royal Blood

Jamie T

Last Dinosaurs x3

DZ Deathrays x3

Violent Soho

San Cisco

Midnight Oil

John Butler Trio

Weezer

Everything Everything

PUP

City Calm Down x3

MGMT

Franz Ferdinand

That's everything I can think of, with a bunch of other smaller venues and bands peppered everywhere else

I love gigs so yeah, more expensive hobby than my gaming for sure ?

• Like 1

Ash x 6

Manic Street Preachers  x 5

Paramore x 1

Texas x 1

U2 x 1

Oasis x 1

Suede x 2

Eminem  x 1

Kaiser Chiefs x 3

Bryan Adams x 5

Dream Theater x 1

Belinda Carlisle x 2

Meat Loaf x 2 (+1 in-person meet and greet Comic-Con appearance)

Travis x 5

Shed Seven x 1

Public Service Broadcasting x 4

Ugly Kid Joe x 2

Ocean Colour Scene x 1

Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5 x 3 (at least)

Hundreds, honestly. Concerts are always something I'm willing to spend money on. Some of the best ones over the years:

65daysofstatic x4

Agalloch x2

Akira Yamaoka: Playing music from Silent Hill

Alcest

Anathema

Band-Maid x2

Cult of Luna x2

The Cure x4

Devil Sold His Soul

Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy x2

Garbage
Insomnium

ISIS

Kalafina x3

KT Tunstall x4

Lindsey Stirling

Ling Tosite Sigure

Lovebites

Massive Attack

MONO

Necronomidol x2

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Neil Young

Opeth

Oyasumi Hologram

Perturbator

Portishead
Scandal

Swallow the Sun

The Twilight Sad

Yukeshirezutsurezure

Would love to see Aimer, Amorphis, ClariS, Draconian, Harakiri for the Sky, In Mourning, Kauan, LiSA, Mogwai, Mourning Beloveth, Periphery, Placebo, Porcupine Tree, Rosetta and Warpaint live at some point. Would've love to have seen ORIGA and The Mars Volta live but that'll never happen now. I'd also be absolutely fine seeing any of those bands listed above again, although Agalloch, ISIS and Kalafina no longer exist. Also wish GUNSHIP would do lives.

Easily a 100+ shows under my belt a few of the stand out shows though.

Sound Garden at the fox theater in detroit the night before chris cornell died.

Flobots at magic bag such a small intimate venue with a not so well known band they put on a HELL of a show.

Avatar seen them 5 times and they're great every time.

The struts i just seen them for the first time a week ago at the fillmore detroit, went with a friend to this show not expecting much and I was blown away I can't wait to go and see them the next time they come through.

Ooh, love this thread. 

Memory hazy, but here goes:

Creed 2x: I hit the on-ramp for the Highway to Hell back in the late nineties just after their second album hit. I popped my cherry in Shreveport, LA that year, and it wasn't until circa-2012 I saw them again after they got back together in Jakarta. That was a much more intimate setting at the top of a mall, but they rocked all the same. 

Metallica 2x: After metalheads nearly burnt the city down back in the early nineties James and Lars swore they're never come back. Fast-forward to 2013, and my happy ass ended up front row banging with some of the craziest metalheads I've ever seen. Experiencing Seek and Destroy and One live still gives me chills to this day. Second time in Dallas was decent, but not like being on the floor with Hetfield's junk in your face. 

10 Years: Best concert I've ever been to, hands down. Jesse Hasek is a rock god, and he brought the audience that night together as one. 

Blink-182 2x: I was young. 

Strata: Fucking JAMMED.

Sevendust 2x: Split my wig with their infectious rifs. 

30 Seconds to Mars: I enjoyed this show immensely. Leto is a great performer, no matter the medium. 

Toadies: Fondly remember their jams live 

Local H: Great band if you remember them. If you don't, shame on you.

Brand New: Second best show I've ever been to. Borderline transcendental a la 10 Years. The growth this band has gone through over the past fifteen years floors me every time I listen to them, from Guernica to Jesus to Gasoline to Lit Me Up. Fuck I love this band.

ZZ Top: They phoned it in, but they're old so I give them a pass. 

Breaking Benjamin 2x: Guilty pleasure. 

Staind: Great show, but ended on a sour note as I struck out on getting the chick. Don't worry, I closed the deal later.

Soil: Loved them live, but it was after they replaced their first lead. They still rocked. 

Who knows how many other dozens of shows I've seen, but these were the most memorable for a variety of reasons. 

Edited by TheLakota
Added one last

7 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

10 Years: Best concert I've ever been to, hands down. Jesse Hasek is a rock god, and he bright the audience that night together as one.

These guys are awesome to see live... I think I've been to almost 35 of their shows over the last 15 years. Great energy and they're always on point!

In random order:

Guns n Roses

Metallica

Muse

Limb Bizkit

Linkin Park

Incubus

Korn

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Queens of the Stone Age

The Prodigy

Dropkick Murphies

Greta van Fleet

Fort Minor

Within Temptation

Kaiser Chiefs

The Baseballs

Which one was the best? Hard to say but I think performance wise it was definitely Muse with their Simulation Tour (2019). Another one I have really good memories of is Limp Bizkit. Those guys had so much energy they transfer into the audience it was crazy! I would love to see the Queens of the Stone Age again as I saw them around their first commercial hit No one knows back in 2005

What I remember of that show most was the opening line: We are Queens of the mother#$%^&* stoneage and immediately they started playing the song Go with the flow :)  Saw a couple more artists but those are small and more local

Edited by neospoon