LordSlashington's Backlog

MoneyBagMav

On 3/24/2018 at 8:54 PM, Super Sand Virginia said:

Looking very nice, love the way all the game banners (tiles) are displayed.

These coming months you will add Diablows III: Reaper of Holes, Dark Souls III, TLOU, and Overwatch DLC to Games Completed in 2018 brosef 1f602.png1f44c.png

Thanks haha, figured this would help me keep up with my progress on completing old games. Honestly didn't realize it was so many until I started putting them all in one location.

Platinum #67 & 100% Achieved

3-24-18

S3fa622.png

1S460d89.png

Great game. The collectibles are very easy to find and the difficulty trophies can be done with randoms for the most part. The VS trophies and the boss trophies can be boosted with someone if necessary. The only real difficult part is getting to perk lvl 25, the grind for it is pretty extensive. Also, I'm thinking the Team Player 25 trophy may only count if the boss was one of the original two, at least that's what I had read on one forum post and I could see that possibly being the issue. Granted, by the time you hit perk 25 you'll more than have gotten the trophy.

Overall great game, especially for being a ps+ title. 

Edited by LordSlashington
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 2G53 said:

Are you going for 100% on Uncharted 4 right now?

Yeah, that's actually one of the games where I'm enjoying the dlc so I'm going for the 100%. I've done the light 1-10 and moderate 1-10 survival. Gonna do the hard than go back and just 3 star what I can while getting enough xp to unlock the crushing run. It'll be difficult but I figure it might be within reach. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sc4000d.png

1Sacf8ad.png

Platinum #68

4-13-18

8/10 Fun (Nostalgia)

10-12 hours

My first ps2 game so it's cool coming back to it every now and than. The platinum is yours for completing the game and getting some pretty easy collectibles. It's not really hard at all and it has the debug available for those that don't want to finish it, as do the other Jak titles.

S1fdbe2.png

1Sd8c2dc.png

Platinum #69

4-15-18

8/10 Fun (Nostalgia)

10-14 Hours

The sequel to one of my favorite ps2 series. Same as Jak 1 the platinum is basically given just for completing the game with debug being available again. I'll admit to having used it after I beat the story for the precursor orbs, the collectibles, over using the glitch method to farm them. 

Decided to pick up the series when it had went on sale for half off and had one of those 20% off coupons from March. Hard to beat 4 great games and plats for only $16.

• 2 weeks later...

S553ae0.png

1S456a80.png

Platinum #70

4-29-18

8/10 Fun (Nostalgia)

10-15 Hours

I played the majority of this through until basically the end where I took the coward's way out and finished via debug. It's a great game and definitely enjoyable, just got burnt out after playing the first and second straight through. 

S698d47.png

This will likely be what I aim toward completing next just to have the ps4 collection stacked together. Should be plat #71.

S896c74.png

I've started this and I'm not far from the platinum now. I plan on finishing this after Jak X, should be #72.

Sd4b54c.png

Grabbed this on the recent sale, added to the backlog for now. :facepalm:

S698d47.png

1Scbce14.png

Platinum #71

5-4-18

7/10

12 hours

Having never played this back on PS2 I was excited to give it a shot regardless of what I had heard. It's definitely buggy at times and had some frame rate issues. I had come across a couple threads saying not to upgrade a vehicle to max on the speed/acceleration. I should have listened, ended up using a less upgraded vehicle to finish the last 3 races as my main couldn't make it. Overall, the game-play is decent for a racing game though the story is lacking. It was worth the $4 that I got it for.

S896c74.png

I'll likely finish up the collectibles for this during the weekend. I've been looking forward to going back to it again and cleaning up the rest of the game. 

S896c74.png

1S4e5ec2.png

5-5-18

Platinum #72

10/10 May be my GOTY

35 hours

This very well may be my game of the year, assuming Spider-Man doesn't beat it. I've liked God of War since the beginning because of the mythology theme that they used. Their newest title sticks to the theme while moving to the Norse pantheon and showing more character development than many of the previous games, in my opinion. Personally I enjoyed all of the changes to the game-play they made, making it something more than just a generic hack and slash. Definitely worth the $43 and would highly recommend it. ?

• 1 month later...

S6dca20.png

1S877700.png

6-21-18

Platinum #74 (Trophy #4000)

7.5/10

This is my second FarCry if I count Primal. It was really cool at the start, although it started to feel kind of grindy toward the end. The only annoying trophy in my opinion was the Arcade Competitor. Overall, it's a really good game with a lot of neat features and mechanics. Not sure I'd buy the top tier edition of it again though.

• 2 weeks later...

S50ff88.png

1Sa9067d.png

7-3-18

Platinum #75 (Milestone)

8.5/10

My first PS4 title and one of my favorite stories. I can remember when I first played this a few years ago, from intro to end it kept me interested. Coming back to it a few months ago to finally finish it and make it my 75th platinum was something I had been looking forward to. My only real complaint about the game is the collectibles were a bit buggy. I ended up playing it a total of 3.5 times. The first was a normal run with no guide, second on grounded+ collectibles (only to find out they bugged), half way through again to get all guns maxed, than my final full run on easy to clean all the collectibles on a fresh save. 

Even with the bugs it's one of my favorite PlayStation exclusive titles and it's got me looking forward to TLOU2.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sfe0ebb.png

1S4485b4.png

9-30-18

Platinum #76

10/10

Marvel's Spider-Man exceeded my expectations in game-play mechanics while having a strong story. The swinging is fluid and feels natural, the only thing I could consider being dull is that combat "can" get repetitive. With that said, I was enjoying myself way to much to think negatively about it during my play-through. Here's hoping for a sequel. 

Sd4b54c.png

1S07d851.png

10-25-18

Platinum #77

6/10

The gravity mechanics are the most interesting aspect of this game in my opinion. I am pretty sure I have never experienced a more repetitive combat system though, seeing as your only option is the gravity kick with the use of 1 of 3 "ability" powers that have fairly long charge times. The story seemed all over the place and left me with more questions than answers in the end. All that being said, I still enjoyed it fairly well and I will likely be getting the sequel. Mostly with the hope of understanding some of the plot as it was fairly vague. 

• 2 months later...

Sa00314.png

1S121452.png

1-20-19

Platinum #78

38 hours

7/10

All things considered, Dying Light was actually a really fun zombie game. I started it back in June of 2015, something about it back than must've rubbed me the wrong way because I hadn't touched it until the December holidays rolled in here recently. The story, for what it is, is actually pretty good. The game-play can be competitive and combat can be difficult to get used to early on. Once you've gotten the hang of it, obtained the grappling hook, the game gets pretty free-flowing in your traversal of the environment which makes the parkour experience in a zombie world more enjoyable. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Sfabb90.png

1S356a84.png

7-24-19

Platinum #79

9/10

Honestly a great game, and personally better than the first installment. Biggest two issues was when the game first released as many know and second the grind to 50. All in all, an amazing title.

Note: Getting slower at completion, full time job and going for a MBA eat up a lot of time - who knew lol. 

• 4 months later...

Honestly a big update as I haven't touched my backlog post in a bit. Without checking, this is likely one of my lowest years in terms of completion while still building my backlog. I'm going to reassess my completion goal for 2020, though I may continue to just aim for 80% average completion as I've raised it to 78.21% from around 75% while still starting new games. Problem I run into, as many do, is just being too busy with life. This will be my hardest spring / summer sessions as I'll be hammering out my MBA while managing a few aspects of my job that I normally don't. That and I'm also wanting to go back to elder scrolls online which kills my completion rate.

Sd92069.png

1S0b6aa3.png

9-12-19

Platinum #80

S7fb8eb.png

1S1f0baa.png

11-23-19

Platinum #81

S04f57b.png

1S1ef45d.png

12-6-19

Platinum #82