I'm I the only one on this site who doesn't watch anime? (Sarcastic title)

bentenigan

7 minutes ago, bentenigan said:

(Rambling and Strong Opinions)

I'm I the only one on this site who doesn't watch anime? Just wondering why so many trophy hunters are crazy about anime. Is it because of all those mayonnaise region-locked story games?

Mayonnaise is used as an adjective.

pretty sure you hit the nail on the head, seems to be alot of easy plat games in japan areas that are exclusive. i cant stand anime lol. 

• Like 2

I enjoy a good anime here and there but not really crazy about them 

Edit: fun fact, I never knew how big anime was outside of the gaming community and Japan until I started working at an airport..... At least 75% of the guys I work with love it and basically talk about it everyday. 

Edited by NutellaOrgies

I'm sure there are lots of people who don't. I don't watch anime as I grew out of it and don't find it interesting anymore. I used to watch a lot as a kid and teenager, but after around the age of 21-22, I just couldn't watch it anymore as I found it boring and somewhat "childish" (not meaning to offend anyone). I prefer J-Dramas and love JRPGs, but I'm over my anime phase since my teens. Even with anime for adults, I just can't take it seriously compared to if it was a drama with real actors due it being animated. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I'm sure there are lots of people who don't. I don't watch anime as I grew out of it and don't find it interesting anymore. I used to watch a lot as a kid and teenager, but after around the age of 21-22, I just couldn't watch it anymore as I found it boring and somewhat "childish" (not meaning to offend anyone). I prefer J-Dramas and love JRPGs, but I'm over my anime phase since my teens. Even with anime for adults, I just can't take it seriously compared to if it was a drama with real actors due it being animated. 

This is me as well. Watched a ton in college (was actually president of my university's anime club) and haven't really watched all that much since.

I don't know that I "grew out" of it per se, but a lot of what I used to think was fresh and exciting about anime doesn't seem so anymore. There are the occasional exceptions, but when I do actually see some new anime it often seems really, really cliched and trope heavy.

I don't know if this was intended to be a troll topic but I've genuinely never watched an anime and it's not really my cup of tea. But I have played games (typically JRPGs) that have a similar art style and have thoroughly enjoyed it. So I dunno really, different strokes for different folks I guess.

EDIT: Nevermind I lied. Forgot all about Pokemon back in the 90s.. thanks for the nostalgia trip @skateak ;)

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

I’ve watched Howl’s Moving Castle and Elfin Lied but generally anime isn’t my kind of thing. Don’t know whether it’s down to the art style or something else.

(I know my name screams Pokémon but I couldn’t think of a good one and it’s more based on my real name)

I know some people that love and will defend Dragon Ball Z to death but they hate anime and they make fun of people who like anime.

I keep quiet. That way is much funnier.