llamasoft again...

JorgeSleep

5 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

I'll just say: "Be careful with these guys"

They developed TxK and Polybius, both impossible to obtain platinum / 100%.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2399-txk

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6133-polybius

You could always play the game for fun...

Plus, most people know when a game can't be completed so it doesn't reflect badly if you have the best possible...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

I'll just say: "Be careful with these guys"

They developed TxK and Polybius, both impossible to obtain platinum / 100%.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2399-txk

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6133-polybius

Totally agree!! - Hand off that games until we are VERY sure all trophies are obtainable.

Playing for fun? What forums am I here? :-p /funoff

Edited by Tigra
  • Like 2

I think (just speaking for myself here) that it goes beyond playing the game for fun and a point of principle that they've had 2 prior games on PSN and made no attempt to fix them so I don't think they should get any more money, although I know a lot of people are fans of Tempest (and most people don't trophy hunt) so sadly that will still happen.

This is before I mention that I really despise Llamasoft's design philosophy anyway...basically, try and give their gamers seizures as much as possible and make it so you can barely see what you're doing. Not good game design to me personally.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2019-05-31 at 2:09 PM, Danny_Johansen said:

Did it on an alt and my main. Everything pops without issues on both accounts. The trophy for reaching level 51 can only be done in classic and doesn't work in pure/survival mode. Pretty fun game overall but not worth the full price.

What would you rate it difficulty wise and how much time would it take? 

8 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

What would you rate it difficulty wise and how much time would it take? 

It took me about 25 hours to get it the first time and 6 hours the second. I have played tempest before so that helped speed this game up.

Difficulty wise it is an 8/10, with the ultra survival trophy being the hardest. For this you have to beat the first 50 levels in 8 lives. Most of the levels aren't a big deal but on 25-32 an enemy is throw in that shoots a ton, rotates the screen and on death will visually impair you. Levels 13, 28 and 37 have disco ball enemies and all I can say that these can kill you if they feel like it. They can roll 10+ lanes and shoot every single one of them. Level 24 and 31 have zappers that can electrocute a lane almost instantly when they spawn. This can realy throw you off because normally they don't.

Second hardest is beating the first 24 levels without dieing. This all comes down to level 13 and 24.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 6/23/2019 at 9:27 AM, Danny_Johansen said:

It took me about 25 hours to get it the first time and 6 hours the second. I have played tempest before so that helped speed this game up.

Difficulty wise it is an 8/10, with the ultra survival trophy being the hardest. For this you have to beat the first 50 levels in 8 lives. Most of the levels aren't a big deal but on 25-32 an enemy is throw in that shoots a ton, rotates the screen and on death will visually impair you. Levels 13, 28 and 37 have disco ball enemies and all I can say that these can kill you if they feel like it. They can roll 10+ lanes and shoot every single one of them. Level 24 and 31 have zappers that can electrocute a lane almost instantly when they spawn. This can realy throw you off because normally they don't.

Second hardest is beating the first 24 levels without dieing. This all comes down to level 13 and 24.

How hard this is compared to TXK?

They look extremely similar 

On 16/01/2023 at 2:51 AM, AmazingNoeder said:

How hard this is compared to TXK?

They look extremely similar 

Overall stages are harder in Tempest 4000 but the survival mode has 8-9 lives for 50 stages in Tempest 4000 and 2-3 lives for 100 stages in TxK. The hardest stages aren't required in tempest 4000 survival mode and the platinum took me less than 10% of the overall time of I put in TxK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Overall stages are harder in Tempest 4000 but the survival mode has 8-9 lives for 50 stages in Tempest 4000 and 2-3 lives for 100 stages in TxK. The hardest stages aren't required in tempest 4000 survival mode and the platinum took me less than 10% of the overall time of I put in TxK.

Thanks for the info,how long it takes to get all those 100 stages on txk?

Cuz the 50 stages on tempest takes like 2.5-3 hours?

12 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Thanks for the info,how long it takes to get all those 100 stages on txk?

Cuz the 50 stages on tempest takes like 2.5-3 hours?

50 stages in Tempest 4000 shouldn't take that long since my run was 65 minutes. All 100 stages in TxK is roughly 3 hours but I never measured the time, just an estimation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

50 stages in Tempest 4000 shouldn't take that long since my run was 65 minutes. All 100 stages in TxK is roughly 3 hours but I never measured the time, just an estimation.

Holly shit,TxK looks insane, specialty that the hardest levels are the final ones i believe

Can you level select to master those levels?

8 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Holly shit,TxK looks insane, specialty that the hardest levels are the final ones i believe

Can you level select to master those levels?

You can select any level to practise. The hardest levels in TxK are around 50-65 mark, these levels have bombs that leave behind an invisible field after being killed/despawned and they can be at places above the point you can see, that makes jumps very risky. As well as an overwhelming amount of bullets, bouncing bullets that can end up above you, that again you can't see. The final 4 are actually free in terms of difficulty because the game for some reason gives you close to max shooting power in those from the very start. Strategy for 97-99 is hold left + fire while dodging some minor stuff.

In Tempest 4000 the enemies have changed slightly, usually made harder so this is the reason why the difficulty is now overall higher with some random levels being much harder. I haven't played enough to say to much about the final levels so there can be easy strategies for them that I am not aware of.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

You can select any level to practise. The hardest levels in TxK are around 50-65 mark, these levels have bombs that leave behind an invisible field after being killed/despawned and they can be at places above the point you can see, that makes jumps very risky. As well as an overwhelming amount of bullets, bouncing bullets that can end up above you, that again you can't see. The final 4 are actually free in terms of difficulty because the game for some reason gives you close to max shooting power in those from the very start. Strategy for 97-99 is hold left + fire while dodging some minor stuff

So basically the hardest part of the run happens between 50-65

And the rest is really easy compared to those?

And you can try to master those levels by level select

There's too much RNG and lucky events that can fuck you really hard?

These are the worst for me