Petition started to keep Killzone 2 and 3 online

WorldsBestSpy

57 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Not going to happen. The servers for Killzone 2 have been broken for years. If they aren’t going to fix/maintain the servers they aren’t going to bring them back online after they shut down.

Well, they aren't down yet. While they are both pretty buggy, I'd be fine if they just left them as is for as long as possible 

Ok so let's say (for giggles) that somehow 100 do get to sign this "petition". How long do you people think that they will keep it online for? A week?

There is no point to start a petition to keep the online. If GG wanted to, they could have easily remastered the games for the PS4. Everyone had roughly 10 years to get the online done for this game. If you didn't get it done, then that's a shame.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

https://www.change.org/p/guerilla-games-keep-killzone-2-and-3-servers-for-the-ps3-online

Might be a little too late, but I still want to try it. Would love if more people got Valor Grand Cross.

And I suppose you'll be paying for the server upkeep to have them running for however long? It's not cheap nor free 

Ye sry to say, but not going to work, even if you would get 1000 or 10 000 to sign it....there is simply nothing there for Sony to keep these servers up and running anymore.

Sony, unlike Micorosft,  isnt in position to keep the servers for their old games running forever it seems.....as Ive stated on this forum before, Microsoft still has the servers up and running for pretty much ALL of their 1st party titles that are over 10 year old, like Gears of War, Halo 3, Forza Motorsport 2 and so on....even though the online communities for these games has been long since dead. But we all know how much wealthier company Microsoft is + they likely have cheaper solutions to run their servers than Sony has, so that makes achievement hunting little bit less troublesome compared to trophy hunting. So ye it sucks, but the notification of server closure was given 3 months ago, so you had plenty of time to try get these trophies done even in that timeframe.

Edited by Balnazzardi

2 hours ago, Balnazzardi said:

Ye sry to say, but not going to work, even if you would get 1000 or 10 000 to sign it....there is simply nothing there for Sony to keep these servers up and running anymore.

Sony, unlike Micorosft,  isnt in position to keep the servers for their old games running forever it seems.....as Ive stated on this forum before, Microsoft still has the servers up and running for pretty much ALL of their 1st party titles that are over 10 year old, like Gears of War, Halo 3, Forza Motorsport 2 and so on....even though the online communities for these games has been long since dead. But we all know how much wealthier company Microsoft is + they likely have cheaper solutions to run their servers than Sony has, so that makes achievement hunting little bit less troublesome compared to trophy hunting. So ye it sucks, but the notification of server closure was given 3 months ago, so you had plenty of time to try get these trophies done even in that timeframe.

Except for halo 1 and 2 pc, they shut those down awhile back

Well but i think they made custom servers for those two games, and there are rumors about the Master Chief Collection finally coming to PC someday.

7 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Given the promptness and rapid emergence of this petition, i'd say it has about as much chance of succeeding as me going to the moon tomorrow morning for breakfast. 

Elon Musk pls.

Edited by Lance_87

I Just want to reply a comment on another fórum around:

Procrastinators will aways pay the price.

I was one of them. Have this game for almost nine years, And year after year, even on my vacation time, aways thought "Will get these trophies done", And never did.

Because of this, this last month I had to play almost Nonstop Killzone 3, its standalone multiplayer, And finally Killzone 2.

Last week was the worst of my entire gaming life. Had ALL sorts of problems, ranging from lack of accounts to my daughter getting sick. Had to play at Night, going to sleep att 2:00, 3:00 AM every day, And because of the shitty servers, on wednesday was with only 15k.

Almost Gave up, but continued despite the odds. Boosted over 65k points from thursday to Sunday, wife for really mad, but ranked 11 And got Valor Grand Cross. And By God in heaven, Will never do something like ir again.

So, with all due respect, If you, like me, didn't get It before, you have no one to blame but yourself. Live with It.

• Like 1

Yes, the game has been out for 10 years and yes, technically if you've had the game since launch you've had 10 years to go for the trophies.

However, I was a late adopter to PlayStation, and have probably owned the game for just over a year..

Not Sony's fault, but I just wanted to put the point across.

Everyone and their grandma's have known about the servers for these games and people still missed the deadline, if it mattered so much for you maybe you should've done it already. People feel so entitled about these things. The blame is all on you for not getting it done.

If you pick up a game that is 10 years old you shouldn't expect anything less then unobtainables and server issues.

I do think it's sad that Server closure is a thing, if possible I would do what was necessary to get a day where servers never close but that won't happen anytime soon.

Gonna see a lot of people on youtube and such that will make New 100% accounts again then, as it wasn't obvious those people was not capable of getting it done in the first place. lol

• Like 1

Wowzers this is pretty late lol

16 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Ok so let's say (for giggles) that somehow 100 do get to sign this "petition". How long do you people think that they will keep it online for? A week?

There is no point to start a petition to keep the online. If GG wanted to, they could have easily remastered the games for the PS4. Everyone had roughly 10 years to get the online done for this game. If you didn't get it done, then that's a shame.

The petition says until the end of 2018 actually geez...

Think March is the end of Sony's fiscal year, they like to frequently shut down servers in March.

Maybe this might've had a chance if it was submitted when the closure announcement was made last year to have the servers not shut down mid-week this year but just a few days later like maybe 24 hrs after a weekly leaderboard reset so people have 24 hrs to log back in to pop the leaderboard trophies. But until the end of 2018 is far way toooooooo long.

Posted this on another page a while ago: "U can try blowing up their blog that's used for improvement ideas & maybe they'll delay the shutdown lol https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ this game is just too old tho and resources are better utilized elsewhere, it is the gamers' fault for waiting too long to obtain these online trophies. 

State how traumatizing it is that u only got a 3 months heads up on server closure and delaying it would improve the PlayStation experience LOLOL"

Hello,

Hum... For Killzone 3 Normal and Multiplayer you can make all online trophies in less to one day. 7 years for take just one little week-end, same things for Killzone 2 in one week you can make all, DLC include. (Less if you make it before notice to close.)

Yes, it's a problem for the news hunters but seriously, I've unlocked all trophies for this 3 games this year... Same for WipEout HD and 2048. 

And if you want KZ2 and 3 Platinum, don't worry Sony risk to edited KZ3 HD collection on PS4. ?

Good luck for your petition. 

Edited by Waraneasy

They could keep the servers open open for the next 20 years and its still too much effort for me and I bet most people.

Trophies like this just shouldn't exist in the first place, all online trophies should be achieveable via Lan/private games and we could all avoid stuff like this.

• Like 4

On 26/03/2018 at 5:28 PM, Maxie Mouse said:

Seriously? You guys don’t understand the closure notices? It’ll close down, get over it! It’s Sony’s own decision to cut down on dead servers (only a little few players). Maintaining servers cost money.

You had 10 years for KZ2, 7 years for KZ3 to get into those online trophies. Now, if you haven’t played the games yet, just play them on an alt account if you care for not 100% them. If you did and synced your trophies, you’re bad of luck and you had plenty of time of doing them!

With regards to this I do see your point but using what you said sure shut down KZ2 but keep KZ3 up for 3 more years so it's 10 each.