Petition started to keep Killzone 2 and 3 online

WorldsBestSpy

Yeap, Sony has definitely done this before where they shut down multiplayer servers on ALL the games from PS3 era, and they did it with all the WipeOut games too (except obviously for the remade version of previous games on PS4) Anyhow with Killzone 3 it isnt even that big of a deal, cause its trophies can quite easily done in 1 day....( and only bit longer grind for KZ3 MP version)

But ye its clear Sony is driving all PS3 era servers down, Uncharted 2 and 3 are very likely coming up on their list next and both of these will likely be shut down at the same time as well.

Edited by Balnazzardi

2 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Adios and good riddance to this game.  Not a fan of the series.  The multiplayer runs like garbage with slow running, slow aiming, slow everything.  You can really tell its aged badly. 

Its funny though cause it really was one of the most praised PS online games at the time.....many actually liked its slow aiming/heavy feeling controls, which is something I never understood personally, even though I could get used to it with time....but ye after I played some matches "legit" back in December, I could see why it might have been popular back in the day, but personally I likely would have grown bored of both Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 multiplayer after a week....but then again thats how it is for me with most multiplayer games...

Now the question is, is there any future for this franchise anymore, but if there is, then I wouldnt be surprised if Sony at some point decides to remake/remaster the first 3 games for PS4. But as for Guerilla, they are likely to be busy with Horizon for most of the next decade or so, and likely many PS players here dont feel too bad about it.

5 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Adios and good riddance to this game.  Not a fan of the series.  The multiplayer runs like garbage with slow running, slow aiming, slow everything.  You can really tell its aged badly. 

Good riddance? Just because you don't like it? Well whatever man, if this is what you get off to then more power to you I guess.

Also

MISSION FAILED

WE'LL GET EM NEXT TIME

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 11:25 PM, G2F4U said:

Any chance of making a change still today? 
i still need 2 more online trophies, for the plat and i really wanna get it. Isnt there a workaround such as it was for bulletstorm and many other games? 

Well this threads been dead for two years and so have the servers so the petition already failed and its not a gamespy game so what worked for bulletstorm will not work for this. Maybe one day someone will find a workaround for these games and create their own fanmade servers but as of currently no workarounds. Sorry :/

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 26/3/2018 at 1:23 PM, PhoddaII said:

I Just want to reply a comment on another fórum around:

Procrastinators will aways pay the price.

I was one of them. Have this game for almost nine years, And year after year, even on my vacation time, aways thought "Will get these trophies done", And never did.

Because of this, this last month I had to play almost Nonstop Killzone 3, its standalone multiplayer, And finally Killzone 2.

Last week was the worst of my entire gaming life. Had ALL sorts of problems, ranging from lack of accounts to my daughter getting sick. Had to play at Night, going to sleep att 2:00, 3:00 AM every day, And because of the shitty servers, on wednesday was with only 15k.

Almost Gave up, but continued despite the odds. Boosted over 65k points from thursday to Sunday, wife for really mad, but ranked 11 And got Valor Grand Cross. And By God in heaven, Will never do something like ir again.

So, with all due respect, If you, like me, didn't get It before, you have no one to blame but yourself. Live with It.

Love this comment. I can feel your pain and troubles from your words. You deserved the Valor Grand Cross!

I was so lucky at that time, game came out on 2009, I platted it on July 2011, 10 years ago, and I remember it was hard af to rank up to 1% of MVP. My God, those were insane times...

Yup, it sucks but it is also life.

There are a few games i wish i could still plat but not to be.

The one i am most annoyed by is White Knight Chronicles. The guy i was boosting with was scared of playing with other players and it made some dungeons very hard. I gave up as i had enough but if the gaming sessions or We Play forum were around back then i could have found a handful of awesome players to get that plat.

I really liked that the game and would love to have it...dont know if i want to solo it ?

I'll always have fond memories of Killzone 2. It was one of the first games I played online along with Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. I was lucky enough to experience the online while the online community was still very active in 2010. The only way the online multiplayer could comeback if it was remastered for PS5 so a new generation of gamers could experience it.

• Like 1

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like the multiplayer of that game too much. Probably because I played Killzone 3 multiplayer way back. I tried Killzone 2 multiplayer some time before the server closure, but couldn't get into that. I suppose there was something that made the third one more enjoyable.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Omega-MkIII said:

I've read somewhere that someone is trying to bring Killzone 2 servers back. In this case, anyone who gets new trophies will be flagged?

It depends entirely on if the final product is open source or not. If it's closed source, you will be removed from the leaderboards in a heartbeat but if it's open source and the trophy unlock code isn't modified in any way, you will be fine and won't get a visit from the CRT.

I know how good these game truly are but its time to move on, there's plenty of great games at the moment. I hope after Horizon we get an announcement for a New game; its been 6 years since we last saw the Helghast and i would like to see them on the new Gen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aboelsas said:

I know how good these game truly are but its time to move on, there's plenty of great games at the moment. I hope after Horizon we get an announcement for a New game; its been 6 years since we last saw the Helghast and i would like to see them on the new Gen.

I'd love a series reboot! Maybe go back to the beginning when the Helgast first rebelled against the the ISA/ Earth. Not sure where they could go from Shadow Fall so maybe that's why there has been no update.

As for 2 and 3, the MP was stellar but the ship has sailed on them. I'm waiting for Shadow Fall to announce that it's servers are going offline - maybe then I will finally finish the coop trophies. 

• Like 1