Petition started to keep Killzone 3 and 2 online

WorldsBestSpy

59 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Eh. Its worth a shot.

Is it really though? I mean, you and everyone else had 10 years to get your trophies.. They're not going to keep them up because a few people couldn't get Valor grand cross.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

Killzone 2 was launched in 2009, Killzone 3 in 2011. 8-9 years online is a good run in my opinion. It's sad to see them go but unless someone decides to take over the servers, they have to close. I still play Command & Conquer Renegade years after it's online component was shut down but several people bought servers and keep the game alive nearly 16 years after it's release. 

The petition is a good gesture but a bit too late

"I want you guys to keep these games online for at least until the end of 2018. These games some of the best of the PlayStation 3 era, and removing one of the best components of these games hinders new players from experiencing the complete package, not to mention you will take away many people's favorite game online, and pretty much isolate the Killzone community to only Killzone Shadow Fall on the PS4"...

hi, you're local english lit nazi here to offer some constructive criticism...i thought the petition was poorly worded and as a businessperson I would probably dismiss it after the "I want you guys"...2nd sentence, way too long and all over the place...i could go on but instead would just like to suggest this...

introduction formality like "dear developers of (dev name)...get real names if possible (ceo perhaps)... introduce topic...state your goal...ask for the change/favor politely...conclude topic...link a thread or something that leads to the community discussion on the topic and welcome them to follow along...formal salutations...short sentences...re-read...cut out anything that is a waste of person you are writing to's time...include many you/we statements instead of "I"...fact is better than opinion...two cents...do what you like with it...good luck... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Don't even waste time, they have been up for years,Guerrilla Games will need new servers for upcoming games so those 2 must be closed 1f636.png

This has NOTHING to do with Guerilla Games, this server closure is not up to them, but entirely decision made by Sony. And it has nothing to do with "freeing up servers for other games" either, its purely financial decision....Sony unfortunately (unlike Microsoft) cant seemingly afford to keep the servers up and running for their old games forever.

Anyhow Guerilla stopped caring about these games long time ago, heck Killzone 2 support was cut off as soon as Killzone 3 came out.

Either way next time I recommend everyone  to start work on online trophies as soon as Sony announces another server closure, everyone involved here had 3 months since the announcement to get these trophies done.

Edited by Balnazzardi

On 3/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

"I want you guys to keep these games online for at least until the end of 2018. These games some of the best of the PlayStation 3 era, and removing one of the best components of these games hinders new players from experiencing the complete package, not to mention you will take away many people's favorite game online, and pretty much isolate the Killzone community to only Killzone Shadow Fall on the PS4"...

hi, you're local english lit nazi here to offer some constructive criticism...i thought the petition was poorly worded and as a businessperson I would probably dismiss it after the "I want you guys"...2nd sentence, way too long and all over the place...i could go on but instead would just like to suggest this...

introduction formality like "dear developers of (dev name)...get real names if possible (ceo perhaps)... introduce topic...state your goal...ask for the change/favor politely...conclude topic...link a thread or something that leads to the community discussion on the topic and welcome them to follow along...formal salutations...short sentences...re-read...cut out anything that is a waste of person you are writing to's time...include many you/we statements instead of "I"...fact is better than opinion...two cents...do what you like with it...good luck... 

English lit nazi eh? ?

First sentence "you're" should be "your" ?

Yes this should've been more formal instead of so casually worded in OP's submission. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

English lit nazi eh? 1f61d.png

First sentence "you're" should be "your" 1f602.png

Yes this should've been more formal instead of so casually worded in OP's submission. 

auto-correct gets the best of me sometimes...note that I'm also writing in a forum thread and not a petition asking for signatures...i can assure you that if it was any kind of formal document it would be immaculately proof read and not typed up on my cell during a break from work...

I would also probably write like this. No need for ellipsis. And yes, lit. Nazi. Glad to see there are grammar Nazis following along too. Technically, almost all of my sentences were incomplete and I should've also capitalized the beginning of each sentence and the words I and Nazi and written lit with a period since "t" is not the last letter of literature. Several commas should also have been carefully placed throughout my post and proper punctuation was lacking but at least you didn't jump on that stuff. Thanks.

Edited by ProfBambam55

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 4:07 PM, codadam02 said:

Maybe they might put the trilogy on PS4. I never played the Killzone games, and I wish I played the first 3. Might get Shadow Fall soon

I hope so. I still think it was a huge mistake to shutdown the servers for Killzone 3. Kz2 needed to die though. Servers were shit. 3 was totally fine though.

• 8 months later...
On 15/08/2018 at 10:10 PM, The Titan said:

I hope so. I still think it was a huge mistake to shutdown the servers for Killzone 3. Kz2 needed to die though. Servers were shit. 3 was totally fine though.

So, the servers for K3 are dead?