Petition started to keep Killzone 3 and 2 online

WorldsBestSpy

9 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

I'd buy a KZ1-3 remaster collection. Even if it didn't include MP. Could just link to Shadow Falls MP and update that, kinda like that CoD remaster.

Could kinda be like Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. All single player campaigns with no multiplayer added and a modified trophy list. 

If anything you guys could do a server ala Demon's souls, which if you're trophy hunting is I think the mods are ok with as long as the fan/trophy hunter ran sever is not malicious in anyway. 

Edited by wackt1

On 3/26/2018 at 11:36 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

hi, you're local english lit nazi here to offer some constructive criticism...i thought the petition was poorly worded and as a businessperson

I think "you're" should be "your".

Not starting a grammar fight, just saying. ?

• Like 1

On 28/03/2018 at 6:23 PM, oOMementoMoriOo said:

English lit nazi eh? ?

First sentence "you're" should be "your" ?

Yes this should've been more formal instead of so casually worded in OP's submission. 

On 28/03/2018 at 6:44 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

auto-correct gets the best of me sometimes...note that I'm also writing in a forum thread and not a petition asking for signatures...i can assure you that if it was any kind of formal document it would be immaculately proof read and not typed up on my cell during a break from work...

I would also probably write like this. No need for ellipsis. And yes, lit. Nazi. Glad to see there are grammar Nazis following along too. Technically, almost all of my sentences were incomplete and I should've also capitalized the beginning of each sentence and the words I and Nazi and written lit with a period since "t" is not the last letter of literature. Several commas should also have been carefully placed throughout my post and proper punctuation was lacking but at least you didn't jump on that stuff. Thanks.

9 hours ago, reiner- said:

I think "you're" should be "your".

Not starting a grammar fight, just saying. ?

thanks, again...i can see you're like me skimming threads and drive by posting...lovely...we're either morons or geniuses, aye?... 

• Like 1

Well, I've got all my Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 MP trophies a while back, so no harm done to me at least. Missed on Killzone 3 MP standalone, though, that would've been cool to have too.

But I see your point. I think this goes beyond some cosmetic trophies. You are left with a half-assed game because online play is (according to me at least) a 50% of the game experience. And wiping that out because you can't afford to keep them alive is wrong. The developers know what they're doing, and so they shouldn't use a lame excuse as "we can't spend resources in old games" to shut down their servers. I'd rather have no MP at all in contrast to have a timed-feature that's not going to last in the long run.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

Well, I've got all my Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 MP trophies a while back, so no harm done to me at least. Missed on Killzone 3 MP standalone, though, that would've been cool to have too.

But I see your point. I think this goes beyond some cosmetic trophies. You are left with a half-assed game because online play is (according to me at least) a 50% of the game experience. And wiping that out because you can't afford to keep them alive is wrong. The developers know what they're doing, and so they shouldn't use a lame excuse as "we can't spend resources in old games" to shut down their servers. I'd rather have no MP at all in contrast to have a timed-feature that's not going to last in the long run.

But that's just me.

I agree with you 100%. 

Shutting off online servers are so wrong, it makes me mad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

thanks, again...i can see you're like me skimming threads and drive by posting...lovely...we're either morons or geniuses, aye?... 

Haha, whoops. I have seen now that someone else already posted this. My bad. ?