What should I do in this situation?

Yrva

So I'm not the most hardcore trophy hunter, and when I first played this game I didn't care about trophies at all whatsoever, but I am looking to platinum it now. However, I'd like some advice on what I should do in this situation:

I finished my first playthrough with about only 40% of the compendium completed, and I'm currently on my second playthrough steamrolling through the first palace, but I kill almost everything in 1 hit, making it really hard to actually capture any personas. Additionally, I set the game to easy difficulty upon starting my second playthrough since I wanted to replay it eventually while appreciating the story a second time, and according to one of the trophy guides, it's recommended that you play on at least normal for hearing 250 of Futaba's battle lines.

Would this situation be best resolved by playing 2/3 more playthroughs (including the one I'm on now, maybe) on a fresh save slot? One for cleaning up the remaining trophies while completing as much of the compendium as I can, and a second for creating Satanel and fighting the secret boss? I'm quite confused as to how I should approach this without wasting a huge amount of time.

35 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

So I'm not the most hardcore trophy hunter, and when I first played this game I didn't care about trophies at all whatsoever, but I am looking to platinum it now. However, I'd like some advice on what I should do in this situation:

I finished my first playthrough with about only 40% of the compendium completed, and I'm currently on my second playthrough steamrolling through the first palace, but I kill almost everything in 1 hit, making it really hard to actually capture any personas. Additionally, I set the game to easy difficulty upon starting my second playthrough since I wanted to replay it eventually while appreciating the story a second time, and according to one of the trophy guides, it's recommended that you play on at least normal for hearing 250 of Futaba's battle lines.

Would this situation be best resolved by playing 2/3 more playthroughs (including the one I'm on now, maybe) on a fresh save slot? One for cleaning up the remaining trophies while completing as much of the compendium as I can, and a second for creating Satanel and fighting the secret boss? I'm quite confused as to how I should approach this without wasting a huge amount of time.

You can create nearly every persona in the compendium with what you already have, you don't need to actually recruit them. Just use one of the many fusion guides

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can create nearly every persona in the compendium with what you already have, you don't need to actually recruit them. Just use one of the many fusion guides

I haven't actually played the game in a long time so I'm sorry for a dumb question, but how is that possible? I mean, I only have one persona in my inventory for battle. Is there a way to use/buy personas you already have captured in the previous playthrough? 

16 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

I haven't actually played the game in a long time so I'm sorry for a dumb question, but how is that possible? I mean, I only have one persona in my inventory for battle. Is there a way to use/buy personas you already have captured in the previous playthrough? 

You can summon or 'buy' personas you have captured before in the Velvet Room, then use them to create personas you don't have yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

In the velvet room you can purchase them from the compendium option from Justine. Just be aware the higher level they are, the more expensive they are to summon

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

In the velvet room you can purchase them from the compendium option from Justine. Just be aware the higher level they are, the more expensive they are to summon

18 minutes ago, igs63 said:

You can summon or 'buy' personas you have captured before in the Velvet Room, then use them to create personas you don't have yet.

Ahh okay, thank you so much! I had totally forgot about that.

1 hour ago, ManaFear said:

For Futaba's lines you just have to be smart about it. You can get several lines using items on yourself that put down defense, agility, and attack such as rancid gravy, odd morsel, and muscle drink which can be given in negotiations often. Furthermore, certain boss battles expose you to status ailments like hunger, shock, frozen, etc. Use these to your advantage. Also, remember that simple things like failing negotiations, being surrounded, Treasure demons, failing escaping, successfully escaping also give you lines. Lastly, switch up your party constantly and use Akechi the entire time once he's in your party as he comes late in the game. I did this on normal easily around the 5th palace (can't remember exactly). You can do it on easy, you just have to plan accordingly.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Since you're relatively early it's still possible to get all of her lines, just be sure to micromanage and use all your characters, especially Akechi. Of course following a line guide always helps so you can keep track of what you have. I don't think the lines carry over to NG+ either so this playthrough would be ideal to start if you wanted to save time, especially since the game takes 2 playthroughs to platinum since you need to beat the twins, and unlocked the final persona for the compendium and so forth. Futaba's lines may take to the end of the game, but you can finished everything else prior to actually beating it the 2nd time, at least that was my experience.

Every Trophy is much easier on Safety, despite the belief that some are more difficult

Futabas lines and max Compendium for example are much easier and much less time consuming on Safety

The only benefit normal has on Futabas lines is it will allow to acquire about 20 more. 

But there are about 450 or so lines anyway so doesnt matter,  the benefits of Safety far FAR outweigh the cons

Question is, are you secure enough to play on Safety or will ur pride get in the way?? ;n)