Arcade Competitor

demonoutcast

I've been playing multiplayer for roughly 4 hours and 22 victories. And no trophy for Arcade Competitor. Very certain that I've had at least 12 matches won on featured maps. Since there is no game statistics in the menu, I went on the site and checked under profile; to found out it only keeps track of your Time, K/D, Win Ratio, and Maps published.

It does NOT record your progression towards featured maps. which I thought was weird because Watch_Dogs had a progression system for online trophies and thought Ubisoft would've learned from this. I know the game just came out, but I'd like to know other opinions or problems they're having with this. 

Edited by demonoutcast

Hypothesis: are you sure you won on featured maps? I mean, it looks like some special maps selected by the community (a bit like what io did with Hitman for instance) but since the game have just been released today... I know it is a bit obvious but maybe it is the reason. I hope there is no glitched trophy. 

Edited by djippps

I went to the section where you can filter the maps and under "featured" there's like a handful of maps. And since (from what I know) you don't really get to choose and play only featured maps, you get an amazing oportunity of mindless grind and luck-hoping. You not only have to end up getting matchmaked on a "featured" map (played a lot of matches and haven't seen a single one) but you have to win as well (for me winning a Deathmatch against other players is like 5% chance at best).

So that's a platinum killer for me. Only need the arcade trophies, but these terrible player-made maps are putting me off. Can't imagine spending another minute in this mode.

• Like 1

I actually tried quitting and hoping to get into team deathmatch on a featured map (yes, it's an assholy thing to do, quitting mid-match, but blame Ubi) and got my arcade level reset to 1. Don't know if that was a glitch or an actual punishment system for quitters, but yeah... don't try that. Almost got my silver trophy for level 20 and this happened.

That's actually my second Far Cry platinum ruined by the mulitiplayer mode (in FC3 if you didn't see the entire mission's cinematics and drink coffe with developer's mother the trophies would simply not pop).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

I actually tried quitting and hoping to get into team deathmatch on a featured map (yes, it's an assholy thing to do, quitting mid-match, but blame Ubi) and got my arcade level reset to 1. Don't know if that was a glitch or an actual punishment system for quitters, but yeah... don't try that. Almost got my silver trophy for level 20 and this happened.

That's actually my second Far Cry platinum ruined by the mulitiplayer mode (in FC3 if you didn't see the entire mission's cinematics and drink coffe with developer's mother the trophies would simply not pop).

Its so fucking stupid that you cant choose wich maps to play. There is also only 12 featured maps and a map pool of what? 150 maps? less 10%  chance of getting it each time you try.

1 hour ago, NarcissusBaz said:

got my arcade level reset to 1. Don't know if that was a glitch or an actual punishment system for quitters

My progress was already wiped twice, once from Level 20, once from Level 7.

Today was the first time it was the same as the day before.

I only quitted once because I landed on a user-generated map which was absolute garbage and unbearable.

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Its so fucking stupid that you cant choose wich maps to play. There is also only 12 featured maps and a map pool of what? 150 maps? less 10%  chance of getting it each time you try.

I managed to get the trophy last night. I was playing with 2 other people and when a featured map came up we all voted for it. Then in the next round you can also vote for the previous map, so a couple of times we were able to get that map twice in a row. Then of course came winning the match, especially considering that I'm not the greatest player (the guys I was playing with were quite good thankfully). Also when you get to choose the map you can filter it so you can choose the featured maps.

• Like 1

Yeah i finally got the trophy. Even though the game reset my level for some reason, it kept the stats for wins and such. But man its a pain the ass to get into games with featured maps. 

In a few months this trophy will be even more annoying, with alot more player maps in the map pool.

This trophy is honestly really annoying me. It's only going to get worse too. I've been playing for maybe only two hours, but have left and joined several games. Every single match i'm in a group that talks while in the main lobby about why they should choose a specific match because it's automatically a victory due to theri strategy. I also have yet to see one of the featured maps. I've been able to vote on one 2-3 times and each time they choose a map they can basically just abuse.(especially these maps where you get 3 of each type of explosive). This mode is a joke currently (sorry for being upset), and i don't know why they thought this trophy was needed. Could have even just been "play on 10 featured maps". It's going to get worse as people make more maps. 

They need a featured maps playlist where that's all you play. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, zeothedeathgod said:

This trophy is honestly really annoying me. It's only going to get worse too. I've been playing for maybe only two hours, but have left and joined several games. Every single match i'm in a group that talks while in the main lobby about why they should choose a specific match because it's automatically a victory due to theri strategy. I also have yet to see one of the featured maps. I've been able to vote on one 2-3 times and each time they choose a map they can basically just abuse.(especially these maps where you get 3 of each type of explosive). This mode is a joke currently (sorry for being upset), and i don't know why they thought this trophy was needed. Could have even just been "play on 10 featured maps". It's going to get worse as people make more maps. 

They need a featured maps playlist where that's all you play. 

Yeah they need to but a serverlist or some kind of map choice in the setting. In a few months there will be so many more maps that getting into featured will be really hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah they need to but a serverlist or some kind of map choice in the setting. In a few months there will be so many more maps that getting into featured will be really hard.

That's all it would have taken honestly. Sigh, oh well, i'll suffer and get it eventually. Just have to keep playing. Maybe some of my friends picked up a copy and can try and just get through it with them. 

Just obtained the trophy an hour ago and it really depends on luck since the entire system is randomized. Here's some advice for anyone having trouble:

- Team DeathMatch is where it's at (Wins are alot easier since you'll have a team racking up kills)

- Deathmatch (Free for all basically so you must be #1 for it to count. If you land in this game mode; Pick the shotgun loadout, and do your best.)

- Have friends help you out for kills and votes for maps. If you don't know what the featured maps are, you can find them here: https://far-cry-arcade.ubi.com/en-us

7 hours ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Don't know if that was a glitch or an actual punishment system for quitters, but yeah... don't try that.

That sounds like a glitch to me because I've quit at least 50 matches to land in TDM and my rank has remained the same. 

Edited by demonoutcast

9 minutes ago, demonoutcast said:

That sounds like a glitch to me because I've quit at least 50 matches to land in TDM and my rank has remained the same. 

That happened to me aswell. i lost 14 ranks after i quit the game then booted it up and played some simgle player. 

Then after i joined a arcade game i was level 0 or 1 cant remember. But i left a ton of games if they werent featured.

for us its the trophy for completing 10 featured maps that isn't popping.  My buddy has the trophy for ten wins but not the one for completing 10 featured maps. if he has 10 wins on featured maps he must have completed ten map right?  powerex guide says you can't vote to replay so we went back and played ten straight without replay and it still hasn't popped.  Anyone else have that issue?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

for us its the trophy for completing 10 featured maps that isn't popping.  My buddy has the trophy for ten wins but not the one for completing 10 featured maps. if he has 10 wins on featured maps he must have completed ten map right?  powerex guide says you can't vote to replay so we went back and played ten straight without replay and it still hasn't popped.  Anyone else have that issue?

That trophy is for doing the solo/coop maps, you can just replay them for it. I did the Upside Down map  just picking replay after I finished it each time and it popped fine. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MoneyShotxox said:

Well have fun with multiplayer some of those player made maps are so bad 1f601.png 

Tbh I hope I’m done really fast with all multistuff. I’m a completionist and want to enjoy the single player but going for it now as people are still active on multi ?

6 hours ago, Jonas89 said:

Arcarde lvl reset?

first lvl 17

yesterday lvl 8

and today again from lvl 1

1f621.png

Yeah i lost 14 levels yesterday. think it is a punishment for quiting alot of games to get featured maps.

I did 20 levels in 1 sitting taking about 3hours 30 minutes.

10 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Is it possible that someone downloaded a featured map and reuploaded it as a user because nowhere in the map selection does it tell the author or it's an official version. So if so, It could be possible you were playing on a clone version of an featured map. Hence it not actually counting.

Edited by GTAJJ