Trophy thoughts? (Spoiler free, please)

I just found out about this game a few days ago and got interested due to it looking so much like a Tales of game.

What do you think about the trophies? I do not want to read it myself cause some non-hidden trophies may contain spoilers D=. Maybe someone who already played the PS3 version can help.

Edit: hidden trophies are not a thing in pre launch games, I just noticed

Edited by AndresLionheart

This seams to require more work then the original one because there are trophies speciffic for hetting ending from the new mode and I think there's a superboss trophy that wasn't in the original, or was it?

As for it looking like Tales of, ya, it looks and plays like it (I need to get back to this game, since I started it and postpone it when I decided to use that plat for my 11k milestone).

Will likely get this version, since I'm playing the Japanese one for an event here (and since I don't understand Japanese, I'm missing on 99% of the story stuff..).

Most of the trophies are the same as the PS3 version which was quite easy to plat compared to other RPGs. They removed the trophies for clearing 50 sub quests and collecting 100 figures which means the PS4 platinum will be easier to get than the PS3 version (assuming the new Refrain mode does not add anything difficult).

Hai, hai, kimashita!

The original list was quite easy, just the game is quite long so it took around 80 hours to Plat. Especially grinding to 100 takes quite a big portion even if you grind eggs.

The question is whether trophies are locked to mode or you can get story-related trophies on Refrain mode as well.

For firstcomers, though, two playthroughs are a must (so I kinda hope Refrain does not unlock trophies for normal mode =D)

As for differences.

For some reason, you don't need to do quests, that's interesting...

Figurines (that could have been cheesed through DLCs) as well...

20 personalities omitted, immediately 100

And we have 3 Refrain trophies. I'm kinda sad we don't have more of that. Especially since we still miss 2 trophies (Original has 50 trophies)

In any case, if anyone wants to know something, feel free to ask. My copy is on the way so I may start immediately xD

#Kirika-sama

#Excella-sama

#LestyHasIncorrectName

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Urknall360 said:

Hey, can someone explain me the trophy "silenced dragon"? 

Use BAND while Yuma is in berserk dragon mode.

3 hours ago, Urknall360 said:

and can I reach all endings in one playtrough? How? 

If you mean character endings, yes. Just save before the final boss.

Excella-sama and Genus are Refrain-locked.

• Like 1

I'm assuming starting with Refrain mode is the fastest way to Plat the game for one that's not overly concerned about the story? Read a review that said you get later story spoilers fairly early in Refrain mode but the game isn't much different otherwise. I'm not in a particular rush to finish the game but I'd rather not have to play through twice unless playing Refrain mode first would totally ruin the game.

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I'm assuming starting with Refrain mode is the fastest way to Plat the game for one that's not overly concerned about the story? Read a review that said you get later story spoilers fairly early in Refrain mode but the game isn't much different otherwise. I'm not in a particular rush to finish the game but I'd rather not have to play through twice unless playing Refrain mode first would totally ruin the game.

Play the game twice.

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

for one that's not overly concerned about the story?

How can you even say this about such a story-driven game? :( 

5 hours ago, FlareZero said:

There are missable?

Not really. Technically the trophy I was explaining can be missed but it's really hard to miss.

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

How can you even say this about such a story-driven game? :( 

Honestly because I like the gameplay of JRPGs but the stories rarely interest me. Guess I'll go with your suggestion though and play Original Mode first then speedrun through Refrain. 

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Not really. Technically the trophy I was explaining can be missed but it's really hard to miss.

Wasn't there an item or something that would let him going Berserk even at end game? 

I think that I read it somewhere when gathering info for the original game.. 

Also, how the hell does he turn into a dragon? I stop playing this for so long that I forgot, and apparently there's a trophy for using it in 100 battles, but I completely forgot.. Ya, since I'm so close to 11k trophies, I'm now focusing on the original Shining Resonance.. I have other questions (since there's no trophy guide), but I expect to get most trophies without actually needing to worry about them.. 

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Wasn't there an item or something that would let him going Berserk even at end game? 

I think that I read it somewhere when gathering info for the original game.. 

Could be, I never needed it so I didn't check it that much.

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Also, how the hell does he turn into a dragon?

On Yuma's turn, press the button that transforms him.

It's either R1 or L1 iirc.