Globe Trotter Clock Exploit Still Works

On 31-3-2018 at 8:14 PM, KillerLegend91 said:

Thats cheating i did the whole ac series legit what a shame you are for using this 

I hate people that use this type of shit in video games just play the fuckin game the normal way im out of here

49 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

The normal way is literally sitting there doing nothing and waiting for time to go by.  You can have every other trophy in the game and still be left with hours of nothing but WAITING.   If that's your idea of good gaming, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I played it on PS3 and didn't know about this exploit. Also I did it the normal way and it wasn't like that at all. It was even the 24th trophy out of the 47 I earned. This exploit does seem to be more of a hassle to me than doing it legit, so I personally wouldn't have used it. But then again to each his own and you're both being childish.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

I played it on PS3 and didn't know about this exploit. Also I did it the normal way and it wasn't like that at all. It was even the 24th trophy out of the 47 I earned. This exploit does seem to be more of a hassle to me than doing it legit, so I personally wouldn't have used it. But then again to each his own and you're both being childish.

24th out of 47 for you for one very obvious reason - a quick glance of your trophies shows you played through the story first and ignored all misc. exploration until after the story was done - BUT, not everybody plays like that.  Some people will explore first.   

Sadly, the game opens up exploration to all 3 major maps before it gives you the story mission for Naval Campaign to start.  For people like me, who will go out and explore as much as we can early on - this is where the problem begins.  For people like you, the Naval Campaign is ongoing while you explore.  For people like me, and many others, it is not - and unless you're specifically aware of the trophy, and how to start it - you have no way whatsoever to know this until hours later when you get screwed.  By the time we do get around to the Naval Campaign, we've already sank some 20 hours into the game, that otherwise would have counted towards the trophy.  This is one of the final trophies I got, for that very reason.

It's a bad design choice on Ubisoft's end - they allowed you to sink massive amounts of time into the game (arguably able to finish nearly 80% of it) before starting the Naval Campaign.  Many players will go out and explore and collect first, so they don't experience burnout post-story.  These are the people who will find themselves starting the 17 hour long naval campaign with only 5 hours of tangible gameplay left.  That is why this exploit is useful.  It's not hassle, it saved me from leaving the game idling for 12 hours for nothing.  

The entire need for this exploit could have been avoided if Ubisoft unlocked the Naval Campaign before they unlocked full-world Exploration. 

PS: Sorry if you think it's childish that I'm going to defend myself from somebody who calls me a "cheater" and says he "hates people like me."  There is very real reason why one would use this exploit and I don't need somebody to come here and flash their e-peen at me and make me out to be some gaming demon for legitimately trying to help others.  

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager

11 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

PS: Sorry if you think it's childish that I'm going to defend myself from somebody who calls me a "cheater" and says he "hates people like me."  There is very real reason why one would use this exploit and I don't need somebody to come here and flash their e-peen at me and make me out to be some gaming demon for legitimately trying to help others.  

Your definitely allowed to defend yourself it's a right everyone has and after reading your response to that troll again I can admit I was wrong. The way you did it wasn't as out of line as I first thought and maybe it was just the way I read it in my mind. Even though i see you edited that post last night, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and apologize. Because I see your response to me was pretty respectful and well put. So in retrospect it seems only he was childish. Try not to take the bait next time, though. ☺️

I can't really remember why I played the way I did back then because I normally like to explore as much as I can too. Probably because I was eager to start Unity or another game  that came out in the same period. So, I guess I was lucky that this trophy wasn't that much of a chore for me when I got back to the game later on. There's nothing wrong with using exploits or whatever, just don't give these trophy elitists the attention they want especially the ones that act like they're gatekeepers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 10:15 AM, EternalChaos72 said:

As long as you keep track of the time on the missions this exploit wouldn't have to be used.

I've already explained why it can have to be used.  If you do open world exploration before starting the naval campaign, you 100% do have to use it.  Or waste time turning the game on every 50 min to an hour to start the next mission.  

If you want to get the plat 16 hours later than you should, all because you chose to explore first - then like I said to the other guy, be my guest.  

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager

4 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I've already explained why it can have to be used.  If you do open world exploration before starting the naval campaign, you 100% do have to use it.  Or waste time turning the game on every 50 min to an hour to start the next mission.  

If you want to get the plat 16 hours later than you should, all because you chose to explore first - then like I said to the other guy, be my guest.  

Disregard everything i said about this. I ended up using it to complete the 2 Abstergo challenges. xD