Like A Train Trophy Now Obtainable Again - Post Patch 1.05

RHGSniperFox

I know people were having some difficulty with this one recently. Milestone has just released a patch that fixes the problem - your combo will no longer break due to small bumps in the track. I've got a video here that I just recorded and rendered showing the trophy being obtained after the patch (You can check my trophy list to see that I've only just gotten it today.)

Took about an hour or so to find the right line through the track, but it works again and you should be able to do it with pretty much any car/truck.

• Like 4

I just want to clarify: The trophy itself was never actually glitched. The issue was that tweaks to the physics made it nearly impossible to obtain. The smallest little bump was causing the combo to break, which shouldn't have been happening.

Those physics have now been fixed. However - you can still break your combo. That was always a possibility.

There are still some spots on the track that can launch your car enough to do so. It'll take a few attempts to get the proper line through it until you hit that last jump. You only have about 43 seconds available from when the "High Speed" trick starts to stay clean, so it's a very tight restriction.

You also can't slow down too much as you have to remain around 180 km/h the entire time - that means deccelerating by releasing the gas a bit for that big corner, rather than hitting the brakes.

It's not the easiest thing in the game to do, and it's going to take a few runs before you find the line - even if you're following a video guide. Especially if you're using a car that's different to what's shown.

Make sure all of your assists are off - especially Auto Brakes, TCS and Stability, as they'll only slow you down. Keep an eye on your speedometer, and don't let it drop below 170 km/h. When coming over a hill, release the gas for a bit and try to angle the car in a way that it keeps contact with the ground over the crest. Avoid dips as best you can and try to stay as much on the pre-driven track as possible.

• Like 2

On 28-3-2018 at 11:33 PM, RHGSniperFox said:

I just want to clarify: The trophy itself was never actually glitched. The issue was that tweaks to the physics made it nearly impossible to obtain. The smallest little bump was causing the combo to break, which shouldn't have been happening.

Those physics have now been fixed. However - you can still break your combo. That was always a possibility.

There are still some spots on the track that can launch your car enough to do so. It'll take a few attempts to get the proper line through it until you hit that last jump. You only have about 43 seconds available from when the "High Speed" trick starts to stay clean, so it's a very tight restriction.

You also can't slow down too much as you have to remain around 180 km/h the entire time - that means deccelerating by releasing the gas a bit for that big corner, rather than hitting the brakes.

It's not the easiest thing in the game to do, and it's going to take a few runs before you find the line - even if you're following a video guide. Especially if you're using a car that's different to what's shown.

Make sure all of your assists are off - especially Auto Brakes, TCS and Stability, as they'll only slow you down. Keep an eye on your speedometer, and don't let it drop below 170 km/h. When coming over a hill, release the gas for a bit and try to angle the car in a way that it keeps contact with the ground over the crest. Avoid dips as best you can and try to stay as much on the pre-driven track as possible.

Got it, thank you for your detailed description!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Martinhopp said:

High speed counter is triggered differently for the classes, if you do what the OP did, Alaska, Lumber Hill, Time Attack, choose the Growler (special forces class) and you only have to keep it above 160 km/h, which is a lot easier in the 3 turn section, than keeping it above 180 km/h (speedcounter trigger for the Suzuki).

Release the throttle when going over the small hills, to keep the car from loosing grip and keep the speedcounter going, release the throttle early when going into the 3 turn section and keep it above 160 km/h. The Growler went over 210 km/h, so you have a lot more margin to slow down, 50 km/h as opposed to 30 km/h, without breaking the combo.

Tried many times in the Suzuki, but got it in my 1st try with the Growler.

You are a fucking Saint I spent hours using all different cars tried the growler and bang did the whole track apart from the last corner and got a staggering 22k in points on my 2nd go, like you said just release the pedal at high speed corners and little bumps slightly and you get no air time at all and won't drift. Thanks for this post thought it was glitched you proved me wrong cheers pal ?

• 5 months later...
On 8/5/2018 at 1:07 AM, Martinhopp said:

High speed counter is triggered differently for the classes, if you do what the OP did, Alaska, Lumber Hill, Time Attack, choose the Growler (special forces class) and you only have to keep it above 160 km/h, which is a lot easier in the 3 turn section, than keeping it above 180 km/h (speedcounter trigger for the Suzuki).

Release the throttle when going over the small hills, to keep the car from loosing grip and keep the speedcounter going, release the throttle early when going into the 3 turn section and keep it above 160 km/h. The Growler went over 210 km/h, so you have a lot more margin to slow down, 50 km/h as opposed to 30 km/h, without breaking the combo.

Tried many times in the Suzuki, but got it in my 1st try with the Growler.

The growler cost money.

Edited by patrickogorman19