EPICRAGE

Trophy Thoughts

26 posts in this topic

Judging by the trophies it looks like the game will have maybe 8-9 levels including a tutorial and a speedrun that can be done in less than 38 minutes. Hopefully those speedrun trophies aren't too strenuous. Then you have your basic equip each weapon trophy and beat the game on each difficulty trophy. Looks fairly easy. Personally I am looking forward to getting King of the Kongs! trophy; Pound chest and roar 5 times. Sounds like fun in VR!

 

- Tutorial 

- Main Entrance

- Prison Camp

- Cage Area (beat in under 2 minutes)

- Warehouse (beat in under 3 minutes)

- Slaughterhouse (beat in under 3 minutes)

- Rooftops (beat in under 5 minutes)

- Comm Tower (beat in under 18 minutes)

- Reynold's Helicopter (beat in less than 7 minutes)

 

Hopefully there are no glitchy trophies and everything is attainable! It's a shame that you have to worry about these things nowadays.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Difficulty based trophies, with VR. Eww..

My thoughts too. I hate difficulty based trophies. Takes the fun outta the game for me and make it feel more like a chore.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collectibles are the worst in VR games. I'd rather have a challenging difficulty than collectibles in any game to be fair

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficulty and collectibles are at the same level for me... 

 

Vr games have to be inventive with their trophies🏆 

Edited by FilooGaroo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trophy list looks easy, it's a shame this game is only VR only. That last trophy beat on chest sounds fun!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EPICRAGE said:

Judging by the trophies it looks like the game will have maybe 8-9 levels including a tutorial and a speedrun that can be done in less than 38 minutes. Hopefully those speedrun trophies aren't too strenuous. Then you have your basic equip each weapon trophy and beat the game on each difficulty trophy. Looks fairly easy. Personally I am looking forward to getting King of the Kongs! trophy; Pound chest and roar 5 times. Sounds like fun in VR!

 

- Tutorial 

- Main Entrance

- Prison Camp

- Cage Area (beat in under 2 minutes)

- Warehouse (beat in under 3 minutes)

- Slaughterhouse (beat in under 3 minutes)

- Rooftops (beat in under 5 minutes)

- Comm Tower (beat in under 18 minutes)

- Reynold's Helicopter (beat in less than 7 minutes)

 

Hopefully there are no glitchy trophies and everything is attainable! It's a shame that you have to worry about these things nowadays.

 

 

Dude, there are only two weapon trophies and you only need to beat ONE LEVEL on different difficulties. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Dude, there are only two weapon trophies and you only need to beat ONE LEVEL on different difficulties. 

Maybe there are only two weapons in the game? And I assumed the point of the game is escaping the camp so I figured that came at the end but maybe you are right and it is just one level you have to beat on different difficulties. If so you win the internet points for the day.

 

3 hours ago, zer007uk said:

Collectibles are the worst in VR games. I'd rather have a challenging difficulty than collectibles in any game to be fair

I agree about collectibles. Nothing takes the fun out of a game more than having to follow a collectibles guide, especially in VR when I keep having to slide off/on the headset to keep checking it. And when I don't follow a guide I end up wasting a ton of time searching every corner and I still don't find them all!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, really. As a huge VR fan (I've reached a point I have a hard time playing games that aren't in VR), there's hardly any decent action adventure or horror VR games as of yet. I mean, non wave shooters or other low quality genre titles are by and large it.

 

So to keep seeing people say "Damn, VR only?! That sucks!!!" is incredibly depressing to me. VR is the future, and an entirely different experience, that, even in these earliest days and low quality hardware available, is amazing. Please, enough with attacking the few decent VR titles that come out for being in VR! Since PSVR released, there have been maybe 15 high quality, non formulaic wave shooter games to come out - it's hardly like VR is stealing every title from non VR owners.

 

As for the trophy list, I concur, the difficulty trophies aren't a huge plus. And I find the onslaught of speed run trophies... Lacking. Hopefully those times are pretty easy to obtain, and won't require hours and hours of honing perfection to achieve, otherwise this Plat could be a bit of a bore/grind.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree, moaning it's VR only. Well, get a VR unit then. Whenever I say "Why is there no Vita version?" for a game, people make fun of me saying Vita is shit and nobody has one. Whether it's a game on Vita on VR. If you don't have the system required then why bother posting? It's like you posting on an XBox forum about Cuphead and saying "Shame it's XBox only", how is that helping anybody?

 

On 28/03/2018 at 11:00 PM, EPICRAGE said:

I agree about collectibles. Nothing takes the fun out of a game more than having to follow a collectibles guide, especially in VR when I keep having to slide off/on the headset to keep checking it. And when I don't follow a guide I end up wasting a ton of time searching every corner and I still don't find them all!

 

THIS! This is probably why I'm not gonna get 100% on Batman VR. If a game needs a guide it's annoying taking the headset on and off all the time. So I just don't bother.

Edited by enaysoft
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 5:21 AM, enaysoft said:

 

THIS! This is probably why I'm not gonna get 100% on Batman VR. If a game needs a guide it's annoying taking the headset on and off all the time. So I just don't bother.

 

Eh, the Batman VR crap wasn't so bad. I'd go for it, if I were you - it's a few minutes at best.

 

Now you wanna talk about hell for VR and collectibles...? F***ing Here They Lie. Man, I played that game before anyone got the 100%. I tried to compile a guide for it on PlaystationTrophies, in my first playthrough, so I and others could finally 100%. It was impossible. Fortunately, it was cumulative - I'd missed the VERY FIRST collectible. So my second go around, five minutes in and I got the first ever 100% for Here They Lie. 

 

But my experience from that taught me collectibles and VR do not go together. Hell, I still refuse to 100% Paranormal Activity and the batteries for just that reason. Four playthroughs, I never got all the batteries for the trophy, so screw it.

 

Yep, VR and collectible related trophies suck hard, no doubt about it. It's freaking annoying enough in non VR games - I wish devs would just quit it with these 100+ collectibles for a trophy in a game. It makes me put that game off, and end up never playing it. I don't feel like playing a game and having to constantly look at some guide as I play, and I also don't want to spend 20 hours replaying everything to get some trophy I missed out on because I just wanted to enjoy the game. Bottom line, collectible trophies suck everywhere, not just in VR.

Edited by Coladar
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Coladar said:

Now you wanna talk about hell for VR and collectibles...? F***ing Here They Lie. Man, I played that game before anyone got the 100%. I tried to compile a guide for it on PlaystationTrophies, in my first playthrough, so I and others could finally 100%. It was impossible. Fortunately, it was cumulative - I'd missed the VERY FIRST collectible. So my second go around, five minutes in and I got the first ever 100% for Here They Lie. 

 

But my experience from that taught me collectibles and VR do not go together. Hell, I still refuse to 100% Paranormal Activity and the batteries for just that reason. Four playthroughs, I never got all the batteries for the trophy, so screw it.

 

Hey I remember using your pictures as a reference for what I already got on my first playthrough in Here They Lie! I was playing at the same time when there was literally NO information or guides for VR games and your pictures definitely helped me find the last collectible I missed. Plus I was so very relieved when you discovered that they were cumulative. It gave me the motivation to go back and find the missing one.

 

I played Paranormal Activity early on as well and actually made a guide for the batteries on PlaystationTrophies. Similar to your experience with Here They Lie, I found them all except for one in the very beginning! Don't give up on that trophy because the game is very short and you can follow my guide! :) 

EDIT: Actually there are much better guides out there now so maybe don't follow mine lol but my guide was the only one at the time!

 

But yeah, screw collectibles! Some games do it right when you can actually track them and see which ones you are missing. Or some games have 100 collectibles but the trophy requires you to find only 50 or something. More games should be like that!

 

 

Edited by EPICRAGE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some things need a patch. If you throw the gun at the gums or even drop it on the floor. It hard to pick it up or it becomes impossible to pick it up. This forces you to restart the chapter all over again. I call that game breaking and -that will void the trophy for completing the game in one session I believe. I reported to the devs and hope they patch it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all trophies except for the missable VR Legs trophy. The game glitches on me and I'm unable to proceed. In my last attempt, I feel through the floor and unable to get back up. You can't return back to the main menu or you void the trophy that wait too. So yeah, VR trophies like these suck even if the game is about 1 hour long. My arms hurt atm and my thumbs are sore from all the speedrun trophies.

 

A pro tip, the fastest way to move is to roll your arms like your punching a punching bag. Hard to explain but like this

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.... Wow. Okay, I was thinking about putting Far Cry 5 on hold, but... Movement via punching bag motions?!?? Yowser. I get it's an apes game and all, but still - movement by simulating a punching bag as their mechanic for traversing the world? That seems like an idea that worked much better on paper ("Hey, everyone will have to act and look like an actual ape! It is... Reality, but virtualized!")

 

I became somewhat apprehensive of this when I just bought it, and for only $10, to see the game is only 4.5ish gig. For any modern game, that is lowballing it, but for a VR title? I won't say I'm sorry I bought it, as I'm all in if something is VR, and I especially won't say I'm sorry I bought a game I still haven't played yet - but, if such a thing were possible, I think I'd be saying it here. I'll reserve further judgement until I do get to it, but so far, not so good. I was hoping this might have been a quality attempt at working VR into a major IP with AAA level design, but it rather seems closer to another shameless exploitation of VR $$'s, which is such a shame - exploring Planet of the Apes in VR sounded like such a sure thing.

 

Btw, glad my efforts back with Here They Lie proved helpful - as a huge survival horror fan, and a huge VR nut, I look back fondly on that title knowing I got the first 100% on the first real PSVR horror title (Until Dawn being more a rails shooter), but... Yeah. Definitely my first and last attempt at doing a VR game's collectibles guide! Wowser, was that not an easy experiment at the time. Doing a video guide might not be quite so bad, but a standard screenshot collectibles guide in VR? Totally different story. Lastly, yeah, one day I'll get around to the Paranormal Activity batteries trophy, just isn't a priority since I'd shelved the game before any guides were out there. The fact it is, at best, an hour or so for a gold trophy + 100% means I'll undoubtedly return to it one day, though, and it sounds like may even end up using your guide! (I guess we can trade off using each other's attempts at VR collectibles guides... Only fair, I suppose! :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2018 at 3:57 AM, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

I have all trophies except for the missable VR Legs trophy. The game glitches on me and I'm unable to proceed. In my last attempt, I feel through the floor and unable to get back up. You can't return back to the main menu or you void the trophy that wait too. So yeah, VR trophies like these suck even if the game is about 1 hour long. My arms hurt atm and my thumbs are sore from all the speedrun trophies.

 

A pro tip, the fastest way to move is to roll your arms like your punching a punching bag. Hard to explain but like this

 

 

haha! That's exactly what I was doing! I started of with the 'pulling an invisible rope' but then I realised the above motion worked and it helped me move so much faster - my arms are killing after all the climbing though!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I just came across some gameplay for this and it looks like another bad VR game.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well I just came across some gameplay for this and it looks like another bad VR game.

 

 

Don’t make an opinion based on crit1kal. He makes a living out of comedic and sarcastic videos on YouTube. Plus based on the video he only played the first part. There is quite a bit after it where you get a gun and take part in cover shooting and some other bits. 

 

Its not a device seller but it’s not a bad game on psvr 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, turniplord said:

Don’t make an opinion based on crit1kal. He makes a living out of comedic and sarcastic videos on YouTube. Plus based on the video he only played the first part. There is quite a bit after it where you get a gun and take part in cover shooting and some other bits. 

 

Its not a device seller but it’s not a bad game on psvr 

Based on what I saw there I wouldn't play it. I'd rather spend my time playing good VR games like blasters of the universe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Based on what I saw there I wouldn't play it. I'd rather spend my time playing good VR games like blasters of the universe.

That's a Completly different genre of VR game though - That's like saying Call of Duty is rubbish because I'd rather play Fifa.Like I said, it's not 'another bad VR game' in my opinion, as someone who has played it, It's a narrative focused story game with combat elements later on (which he doesn't show in the video). Blasters of the universe is a standing wave-based shooter - so you would be best comparing that one to games like Time Carnage, Shooty Fruity, or one of the other many wave-based shooters. 

I'm not sure what you would class Apes as seeing as it has both the narrative side and the best cover mechanics in a VR game during its combat segments. Anyway, both are opinions and everyone is entitled to one - but at least read or watch a real review before making your mind up as, like I said, the guy on YT is a famous satirical/comedic Youtuber who gets his money by basically taking the piss out of things.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, turniplord said:

That's a Completly different genre of VR game though - That's like saying Call of Duty is rubbish because I'd rather play Fifa.Like I said, it's not 'another bad VR game' in my opinion, as someone who has played it, It's a narrative focused story game with combat elements later on (which he doesn't show in the video). Blasters of the universe is a standing wave-based shooter - so you would be best comparing that one to games like Time Carnage, Shooty Fruity, or one of the other many wave-based shooters. 

I'm not sure what you would class Apes as seeing as it has both the narrative side and the best cover mechanics in a VR game during its combat segments. Anyway, both are opinions and everyone is entitled to one - but at least read or watch a real review before making your mind up as, like I said, the guy on YT is a famous satirical/comedic Youtuber who gets his money by basically taking the piss out of things.

You talk like I don't know who Cr1tikal is. I've been watching him for 5+ years lol. But I'm done here. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI The difficulty trophies DO NOT stack but if you do your first playthrough on hard then you only have to complete the last level (which takes maybe 5-7 minutes) on normal and easy to get the other trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did any of you guys struggle with the pound your chest trophy? I cant seem to get it to unlock

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.