230 members have voted

1. 1. Vita CFW?

• Ban
    • Flag
    • Do nothing

Hello there,

I'm sorta fan of fighting games and already platted/100% all Guilty Gear games

Screen1.png

And of course I couldn't 100% for this game https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1893-guilty-gear-xx-λ-core-plus-r because it was NEVER released in EU region. As you may know since Vita release day Sony didn't allow to run several accounts on one console, so if the game is not in your PS Store or has physical realease - that means you can't achieve any trophies in that game.

Last week on our local russian trophy hunting website I saw someone actually getting trophies in that game. That was obvious done via CFW, and I was looking for how many people actually synced their CFW trophies (who are instantly banned on this site, if someone uses CFW in PS3 for unlocking trophies), and here are some results:

A lot of EU players for GGXXAC+R

https://psnprofiles.com/game-leaderboard/1893-guilty-gear-xx-λ-core-plus-r?page=222

Screen2.png

Also some US only digital titles:

https://psnprofiles.com/game-leaderboard/5921-dying-reborn?page=17

Screen3.png

And etc, you can find by yourself (there are actually a lot of them especially in some JP/AS only games).

You can say that there are tons of CFW users on PS3 and noone gets banned. Well, that's right, because there is no way to know at all how someone got his game via torrent or bought it, cause there is possibility to earn trophies in games, bought on other region accounts. But for Vita (and only for it), earning trophy in digital-only game never released in account's region - that's 100% proof of this user having a CFW.

I wrote to MMDE and BlindMango and didn't get any answer, so I want to ask other forum users:

What is YOUR opinion about this situation? Should they get banned, or flagged, or just let them be?

Edited by ScooloV
Voting poll
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Of course I speak about digital-only titles :)

The problem is that I can't even report them even if I wanted to, since I can't earn any trophies in that game legit.

I really wonder how many top 100 players have games like this on their profile? I remember I tried to check before, but a lot of work to figure out if they had some kind of physical release.

There are plenty of people who earned let say 20 japanese vita novel in 1-2 weeks, which is really questionable since that games are really hard to get and are very expensive. Especially all of them in 1 week. But they can just buy them by giving their account login/password, so only way to catch it is with this region-locked digital titles.

1 minute ago, lesk8vaincra said:

there a way to change your profile's region? Real question here

Not on Sony consoles. You can't even change your PSN ID :(

Edited by ScooloV

Just now, ScooloV said:

There are plenty of people who earned let say 20 japanese vita novel in 1-2 weeks, which is really questionable since that games are really hard to get and are very expensive. Especially all of them in 1 week.

You can buy them used for really cheap depending on the site you use

On one hand, there's the argument that:   "Illegitimately obtained games" doesn't equal "illegitimately earned trophies."  On the other hand, using Sony banned software to earn otherwise unobtainable trophies not everyone has access to is a somewhat unfair advantage.

Yes, it should be ban worthy / flaggable.  

Edited by B1rvine

1 minute ago, ScooloV said:

There are plenty of people who earned let say 20 japanese vita novel in 1-2 weeks, which is really questionable since that games are really hard to get and are very expensive. Especially all of them in 1 week.

What they tell me is that the people who do it play several copies at the same time, and then they just make the same choices in each, hence the similar timestamp at the same time.

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

hence the similar timestamp at the same time.

Just what I said, only possible way to catch them - is region-locked digital titles. But the other question is should they be only flagged, or banned?

1 minute ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Never thought about this, thanks for pointing it out!!! 

Me neither, until I found some guy earning GGXXAC+R trophies :)

Edited by ScooloV

wait, hold on here...if team accounts are allowed then who's to say these are not team accounts from different regions?...and what about owning two or more vitae?...can you prove 100% that this is not the case?...and if so, how?... I currently own 4 ps3s...two are Japanese and two are us...if there was certain games that were region locked would you flag and ban me too?... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

2 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

wait, hold on here...if team accounts are allowed then who's to say these are not team accounts from different regions?...and what about owning two vitae?...can you prove 100% that this is not the case?...and if so, how?... 

Yes, your account is locked to a specific region, so for you, Canada.  The Vita is locked to a single account per device, and the PSN store to that specific region.  Ie, you could not access the Japanese Vita PSN store, etc.

Edited by B1rvine

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

team accounts from different regions

That's technically impossible. Vita can use only one account at a time, and that account has access only to it's region PS Store, there is no way you can download game from, let say, russian store and play it with your canadian account.

3 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

On one hand, there's the argument that:   "Illegitimately obtained games" doesn't equal "illegitimately earned trophies."  

My stance is, yes, it should be ban worthy / flaggable.  At the end of the day, these players have potential to earn more points on their scorecard with games not everyone will have access to, which gives them an unfair advantage.

IMO this is the opposite of this. The NA store has a lot of digital Vita titles not available to the rest of the world. If every Vita title is able to be gotten by everyone no matter what region their account is surely that creates a more level playing field than the current one? 

• Like 3

Just now, meterano7 said:

Why would you care how they got your games? As long as the trophies are earned legitimately, there is no reason to ban them.

How it was mentioned before: Like this you can obtain trophies you wouldn't get otherwise and stack games you normally couldn't. Or just think about games that autopop trophies for another system, as long as you have the (illegally purchased) version of the vita game.

4 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

That's technically impossible. Vita can use only one account at a time, and that account has access only to it's region PS Store, there is no way you can download game from, let say, russian store and play it with your canadian account.

I see, so how does the system work to obtain these games on their region-locked account?...nvm I'll google it...curious...