Top 5 Proudest Platiniums

jorgecarpio91

I'm pretty proud of most of my platinums, but here's my list

1. Magicka 2 (This is the first time I get the platinum trophy FIRST, Not everyone can claim this achivement :D)
 2. Gauntlet (This is the second time I get the platinum trophy FIRST)
GTA 5 (One of the few games that I played and didn't care about the trophies, I got most of them without even looking)
Uncharted 1,2,3 and 4 (My favorite singleplayer games on playstation)
Saint Row 3 (Not really hard, but it's my first platinum, gotta start somewhere ;D)

• Like 4

Don't really have an order, but I guess these

1.Killzone 2

-Elite was a pain in the butt, especially the last mission and getting all that stuff online + beeing under the1% in a week was a grindfest for a whole week, which I woke up like 7-9 AM andthen playing til 9-11 PM too get as many pointsas possible while losing matches 98% of the week. -.- And yes, I did it without any kind of boosting.

2.Call of Duty World at War

-My first plat and haaaard. Veteran was horror, feeling you need more luck then skill to get trough, some checkpoints are a cruel joke and don't even start with the Flaks in the pre-last mission -.- shooting these 45(?) zeroes down wasn't fun either.

3.Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty HD(PS3)

-Having to go trough Extreme for Dog Tags is the smaller pain, having to complete all VR-Missions is horrible. If I hadn't a competition with an Online-Friend who get's the HD Collection platinumed first, I might even gave up on it(Like I did on PS Vita, where the sniping iseven more sensible then on console)

4.Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain(PS4)

-Some of the S-Ranks and Mission Tasks were quiet difficult and frustrating(And some of these conversation listening tasks buggy), the rest was rather grinding and time consuming

5.Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots(PS3)

-All was just easy and/or time consuming, tough the Chicken-Run was plain boring. This all however gets more proudy when a part for one trophy is to finish the highest Emblem "Big Boss". It's beyond simple to finish the game on highest difficulty, not dying and continuing, no alarm, no kills, no health items, no special items(Stealth-Suit/Infinite-Bandana) and all that in under 5 hours. Especially the bike chase(Act 3) was horrible.

6.I'm proud of all platinums I gained, even my more simple ones, like PS All-Stars Battle Royale(PSV) or Bully(PS4). Not even sure if these 5 above are my top 5, there are many others that weren't easy, like Uncharted Drake's Fortune(PS3)(Highest difficulty), COD MW Remastered(PS4)(Epilogue), Uncharted 4(PS4)(Pre-pre-last chapter) etc.

But yeah.

I've played a lot of difficult games which i'm quite proud of so it's difficult for me to pick 5 but here's mine:

1. Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits - There's a lot of easy trophies in this game, but having to master every instrument on expert, 5* Raining Blood on Expert + & get the "You Play It Well" trophy was absolutely brutal amongst other things. I still think it's the hardest platinum i've ever gotten.

2. Super Meat Boy - I don't need to explain this one, everyone knows how hard Zombie Boy & Impossible Boy are.

3. Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2 - Easily one of the most difficult and frustrating platinums i've ever done. Literally every trophy on this game was a challenge, especially reaching level 19 on Missile Command.

4. Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS4) - I actually started this game as a joke to my friends, because they kept telling me how impossible it was. "The Max" battle mode and Star labs was definitely really hard but very doable, i'm proud of this one because of how much time I put into it and this was the game that sort of gave me the urge to go on and play more difficult games.

5. Overwatch - I'm mainly proud of this because I did every single trophy legit with no boosting and only playing via solo queue a lot of the time, even the really difficult trophies such as "Cratered" and "Rapid Discord" I did alone with no boosting, which i'm very proud of. It's an extremely satisfying game to 100% if you choose not to boost it.

Honourable mentions would be: Mortal Kombat Vs DC, DJ Hero, Helldivers, Mega Man 10

• Like 3

I don't yet have any difficult to get platinums, the only one that required some sort of effort was Horizon Zero Dawn and that wasn't really difficult, just took some time since I didn't want to rush through the game. Even completing NG+ on ultra hard was much easier than I thought it would be, mostly because I already was at lvl 60 when I started it and had all the best gear from Frozen Wilds.

1. Overwatch - Very proud of this. Did all base trophies legit and most of the DLC without boosting, save Cratered for Doomfist.

Rapid Discord for Zenyatta was the game of my life!

2. Mortal Kombat X - My favourite Mortal Kombat game to date. Got even better when they released Tanya for the game, before nerfing her into Oblivion.

3. Knack - Diamond Knack..enough said!

4. Deadpool(PS3) - Possibly one of the best games I ever played, just because of the comedy alone. Don't think I've ever laughed so much in my entire life playing a game. Would have been better if Ryan Reynolds had voiced him. Hopefully in the future.

5. Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance (PS3) - A good game but very difficult. Defeating all the bosses on hard difficulty or higher without taking damage was a nightmare!

Honourable mentions -

The Last of Us. Probably the best game I've ever played. That was my game of the generation (ps3). Fantastic story telling, good multiplayer, great level design. A 10/10 game.

Grand theft auto 5. A great game. Nothing more to say.

Hitman (Not a plat...even though it should be) the latest hitman game. Fantastic game.

Bloodborne - Another amazing game! Definitely worth the rage it induced in me.

Dark Souls 3 - Fantastic game. Great multiplayer.

Edited by thescotsman783

1 hour ago, Janire1911 said:

I don't yet have any difficult to get platinums, the only one that required some sort of effort was Horizon Zero Dawn and that wasn't really difficult, just took some time since I didn't want to rush through the game. Even completing NG+ on ultra hard was much easier than I thought it would be, mostly because I already was at lvl 60 when I started it and had all the best gear from Frozen Wilds.

It's not just about difficulty alone it's about great experiences too... i for example chose Splinter Cell Chaos Theory as one of 5 games which was an easy game for me i'd give it a 3 or 4 difficulty and was surprised to see on pst.org guide a 7... I knew this game inside out when i played it on ps3 that's why it was easy and enjoyable...

Someones else mentioned My Name Is Mayo maybe as a joke but everybody's knows how difficult that one is :D  ... so just say which one is very special to you that's all about here :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Without looking at my trophy list at all, I think I would be happy to pick these games as my top 5:

Number 5 - Far Cry 3: My first platinum and I was immensely proud of that one at the time.

Number 4 - Just Cause 2: One of the most enjoyable games I have played so far.

Number 3 - Modern Warfare 3: I am not ashamed to be a fan of the COD games for their smooth gameplay and generally sensible trophy lists.

Number 2 - FEAR 3: One of my favourite games ever. Perfect mix of story, gameplay and excellent controls.

Number 1 - Driver San Francisco: When I first started actively hunting for trophies I tried to do this one and failed because of the online. But when I found out about gaming sessions on this website I found a small group and finally managed to get this plat in the end.

Edit, after looking at my trophy list I do have an honorable mention: Nascar '14 because I stuck with it even after it corrupted my save twice. :)

Edit 2: Wait... this is in the PS4 forum... heh oops.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

1- Life is Strange

2- Life is Strange: Before the Storm

3- Fallout 3 (First platinum ?)

4- Grand Theft Auto IV

5- Zombie Army Trilogy

Honorable Mentions: Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Deadpool, Borderlands 2

First of all respect to previous posts! I could only dream of some of  these insane skill based games?. But oh well, here's my list ^^

1. The Evil Within 2 - Classic made me stress

2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Some missions were a pain and it took damn long

3. The Last of Us Remastered - It's last of us thats why

4. Crash Bandicoot 'n' Sane Trilogy - Childhood Nostalgia.

5. Any Soulsgame I've finished (Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Nioh) - I've always have this special feeling of proudness when finishing these kind of games

Never thought I'd plat any of these games for one reason or another, yet I did. So that's why they're my proudest.

1. Dishonoured
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Uncharted 2
  4. Lone Survivor
  5. Dishonoured 2
Edited by Feral
  • Like 3

1. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

- my rarest (and hardest according to TT), but I wouldn't call it hard at all (as opposed to most other Tales titles)

2. Heavy Rain

- twice. First platinum ever. The second time when it was re-released on PS4 I got through it in just 48 hours. (and 40th on this site)

3.Tales of Graces f

- second rarest on this site.

4. Time and Eternity

- second hardest (on average - TT)

5. As there are several strong contenders to this list I'll complete soon (all RPGs so they take a while) so I'll leave it at 4 of the 31 so far.

--

If I'm including all cross-plattform games, I can add

Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust - people will just give up on this game because of it's poor quality

Tales of Vesperia - I have completed this twice on 360. I do wonder if I should go for the Asian PS3 version as well. Should know the game well enough now to get through the japanese. 

Risen 2: Dark Waters - if you don't plan beforehand, several, well at least 2 playthroughs are required for this. And the quality are so and so, so do you want to?

Dragon's Dogma - longest boss battle I've ever been in. Probably 2 hours. (I'm doing FFXII now where a hunt is ridicolous, but there at least I can save at intervalls)

2 hours ago, Feral said:

Never thought I'd plat any of these games for one reason or another, yet I did. So that's why they're my proudest.

1. Dishonoured
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Uncharted 2
  4. Lone Survivor
  5. Dishonoured 2

I didn't mention it on my list, but Dishonored and Dishonored 2 are also amazing games. I hope Death of the Outsider isn't the last tho. Arkane games you know what to do.

These are in no particular order.

Demon souls - Started my love of all the soulsborne game types. 

MLB The Show 17 - First sports game Platinum

Tekken 7 - Love the series, suck at fighters, first fighting game Platinum

Killzone 2 - Really love Killzone. this was hard fought, but did it back during its prime.

Uncharted - Easily in my top 5 game series of all time, and First ever Platinum. 

Probably not as impressive as a list of some other people...but my 5 are

The Last of Us Remastered, my first platinum

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, took a long time

Fallout 4, took a long time, esp with getting 100%

Fallout New Vegas, was very difficult to deal with the glitching, a lot of careful reloads at the end

Assassins Creed 3, my first assassins creed platinum, and I love the games 

Strangely, they're not my rarest ones! In no particular order, these are the 5 that come to mind:

1. Final Fantasy X HD - I was never able to beat the Chocobo Racer game on the PS2, and I never got to fight Penance. Also, I never maxed out my characters. All itches were scratched here. It took me far more hours than it would for others, but it was worth it. I'll never think about FFX again. 
  2. Dark Cloud 2 - almost the same type of scenario, except I love thinking about Dark Cloud 2! I was so disappointed to learn, on the PS2, that I would have no opportunity to get all the medals, or all the pictures, and never had the inclination to start the entire thing from scratch (well, that's a lie - I started over two times, but never had the inclination to finish the game). But with trophies, I was able to scratch all of those itches as well.
  3. Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - I bought the game and didn't really like it, and was REALLY put off by the fact that I used the completely WRONG character for plat purposes. But, years later, I came back to the game, and it was better than I thought. Tons of content. I was worried about the MP trophies, but it all worked out in the end.
  4. Katamari Forever - this game is harder than you think! It took years to find all of the items, but when I got that stupid cowbear as my last item, I actually yelled out in happiness.
  5. Metal Gear Solid 4 - I bought this game day one, and found it so annoying that I didn't even beat the first boss. I came back to it, multiple times, but every time, <yawn>. Finally, when trophies were patched, I forced myself to finish it. I don't really like it even now, but I'm proud that I finally got full value out of the game.
  • Like 1