Which one?

I'm interested as to the context of the question- but if you can only get one, definitely get Life is Strange. It's the first and subjectively better. But, Before the Storm, as a prequel, is a great supplement to the world and story of Life is Strange. So if you can, play both. If not, Life is Strange, for sure.

• 1 month later...

I think Deck Nine did a good job of bringing us a Life is Strange game but adding their own style and flair to it. In some ways I feel BTS has a lot more humor in it (especially episode 2), since Cloe is a more sarcastic and witty character compared to Max. I also thought the story and style of writing was very in tune with Cloe's personality as this game shows us things from her perspective, which is generally different to how Max would react to things in the first game. 

I think overall as a story, I prefer the first game, since the stakes are much higher and the themes explored are much more interesting then BTS (although it as well explores interesting themes). But Before The Storm is still pretty good, I enjoyed Cloe's story and the relationship her and Rachel have. Music wise though, I definitely enjoyed Before the storm more! But as a final note, I like the original more, its easily one of my favorite games of all time! 

Edited by wilwheaton5

• 5 months later...

In my opinion LiS is more enjoyable than LiS bts, but I think this was, because I am an adult and didn t understand the behaviour of the teenage Chloe in bts. But bts is also enjoyable and worth a play, because you learn sth about the backstories of LiS and it is also interesting.