Fourth & Forty - do developers know math?

VirtualNight

This is the worst thing i've ever seen, Ubisoft couldn't do such a bullshit neither! ?

I did all the stuffs in around 20 hours, so it was time to start grinding those 40 hours in the simulation. So i went on top of a building, i activated a turbo on the X button, then i was afk sleeping while my character was keep jumping in front of a wall. Then i came back to check the situation after over 10 hours, my character was still jumping, i checked my stats and.... i moved from 20h to 24h... really?!???  how the hell is that even possible!

Edited by VirtualNight

As far as I know you do not need to hold any button down. Im not 100% sure if the game will pause if you turn off the controller. If doesnt then just turn off the controller and leave it be. 

If it does pause, then I would just keep the controller plugged into the ps4 and you dont need to hold down a button or anything. My character just idled in front of the moon :) 

Just now, PooPooBlast said:

As far as I know you do not need to hold any button down. Im not 100% sure if the game will pause if you turn off the controller. If doesnt then just turn off the controller and leave it be. 

If it does pause, then I would just keep the controller plugged into the ps4 and you dont need to hold down a button or anything. My character just idled in front of the moon :) 

I don't know for the ps4, on ps3 yes, the game will pause if the pad has no power, which messed my hours farming once, so i used a turbo which mine requires the cable to work, and i have put the X to turbo because if you sign out (damned auto sign-out, it messed another attempt too once ?) the game will pause, asking to press X to continue.

Since when i came back my character was keep jumping, i don't see how would be possible that for around 6 hours i was stucked in a kind of pause menu before getting free (since i was afk for 10 hours, and only 4 hours registered)

• Like 1

I don't remember the game having trouble properly tracking my overall game time when I was playing the game. 

I guess you could just continue AFK'ing overnights until you reach the amount as the total is going up, just not properly. So it will take longer, but you will still get there nonetheless.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This happened to me last night. 

I would make sure your controller is plugged in. I rubber banded my character just to be extra sure the game wouldn’t pause, because some games will pause if you just stand idle based on past experiences. 

If you get disconnected then your time will reset. Someone on PST.org advised leaving your console on overnight with the WiFi turned off. A company like Comcast has very shitty consistency so I would turn your WIFi off so the game doesn’t pause when your console is disconnected from the internet. 

Hopefully this works because the time I left my console on didn’t count. 

Stupid trophy. 30 hours is enough because you should get everything done by then. A 30 hours trophy would of been more than sufficient.