Triple XP Starts Now!

UNLOADED

8 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Probably about 20 hours. Takes about 50 with no XP boost. Allowing a little leeway in my estimate for those who may suck at the game as well as the initial learning curve.

Cheers for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Is it boostable at all? Not to be a scumbag about it since I love FPS MP, I just want to make sure I can get this done ASAP since I have a very busy few weeks ahead of me.

2 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Cheers for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Is it boostable at all? Not to be a scumbag about it since I love FPS MP, I just want to make sure I can get this done ASAP since I have a very busy few weeks ahead of me.

I'm sure there may be a way but your best bet is to just play the game. Pick a weapon you like and as you play you will progress in a variety of challenges. Once the challenges start to dry up for a specific weapon, change to a new one.

My friend and I started with the plasma cannon gun. Then we moved onto different weapons to keep the XP coming in quick.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I'm sure there may be a way but your best bet is to just play the game. Pick a weapon you like and as you play you will progress in a variety of challenges. Once the challenges start to dry up for a specific weapon, change to a new one.

My friend and I started with the plasma cannon gun. Then we moved onto different weapons to keep the XP coming in quick.

Ok, thank you. Will bear this in mind.

Anyone playing?

4 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Does the Triple XP work for challenges like do you get Triple XP with challenges XP?

Just got Doom 2 days ago, played like ~30 mins of the campaign and haven't touched the MP. Can anyone explain why this is a big deal and, most importantly, what should I do to get the most out of this? Do you guys have any tips? I can't really find much on google. 

Edit: The only thing I could find, is that for some weapons you need to be a certain level, 21 for one, 42 for other, etc...  Is that it? The whole grind necessary? Reach a certain overall level to unlock everything and then use the weapons? 

Edited by AlvarezPT

9 hours ago, AlvarezPT said:

Just got Doom 2 days ago, played like ~30 mins of the campaign and haven't touched the MP. Can anyone explain why this is a big deal and, most importantly, what should I do to get the most out of this? Do you guys have any tips? I can't really find much on google. 

Edit: The only thing I could find, is that for some weapons you need to be a certain level, 21 for one, 42 for other, etc...  Is that it? The whole grind necessary? Reach a certain overall level to unlock everything and then use the weapons? 

Main game is really short, if you want the 100% though you'll need to grind loads. To unlock Cyber-Demon armor you need to be Prestige 8, and for another armor you need to be prestige 5. The rest can be gotten before you get max level once if i remember correctly.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lars said:

Main game is really short, if you want the 100% though you'll need to grind loads. To unlock Cyber-Demon armor you need to be Prestige 8, and for another armor you need to be prestige 5. The rest can be gotten before you get max level once if i remember correctly.

Ok, thx! ill see if i have patience to get it all

Best way to grind levels for this would be to get at least a group of 4, go to asia-pacific server, and look for team games with a sector map (back in and out till you find it). Then get one team to cap one zone and the other team to cap the other and let them extract if they aren't close together.

When you get 2 that are close together (at most 3-4 seconds walking distance is preferred) just swap caps. 225 xp NORMAL (775 x3) each cap. 1 hour of this gets ~24 levels with normal XP. With triple you're looking at probably 1 1/2 prestiges per hour.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:14 AM, pistolpedro said:

Anyone playing?

Does the Triple XP work for challenges like do you get Triple XP with challenges XP?

Yes, everything is triple xp.

I did my last 2 prestige in under 4 hours (no boosting) so i would say under 20 hours if you're above average player at the game and remember to use bounty rune too.

Edited by Game_Knot

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 2:17 PM, pistolpedro said:

No need to boost at all.

I completely forgot to reply to this, mainly cause I had already long finished the game. Yes, technically you don't need to boost this or any other game. But when you can gain exp 3-4 times faster in what is easily a 20+ hour multiplayer grind (that's with the triple exp and I was topping a lot of the matches), you'll usually tend to prefer to boost. I got 4 Echelons through legit play and the rest 4 with a group that were already boosting that I randomly found on the Asian servers.

• 3 weeks later...