A warning for those who use the debug mode.

When you use the debug mode, you can unlock all of the power cells. That is what I did at the start. I unlocked all 101 power cells. You still need to get all of the scout flies and orbs, however. So I got all the orbs from every level in order until I got to the spider caves. This is where the trouble begins. I couldn't find one orb in the map so I searched for over an hour looking for it. That is when I realized that the power cell for the Gnawing Lurker mission didn't drop. At first I didn't care because I was skiping the power cells anyways. That is when it hit me. When you kill a Gnawing Lurker they drop orbs. Some don't but most of them do. However, they always drop health no matter what. But when I killed the last one, the power cell, health and orbs did not drop. That is because I already had the power cell using the debug mode. I tested this out by going on another save and re-doing the Gnawing Lurker mission and I left the Gnawing Lurker I know drops an orb for last. When I killed it, the orb didn't drop. You need all 2000 orbs to get the trophy. Meaning depending on which Gnawing Lurker you kill last could stop you from getting the trophy. I had 1749 orbs and now I have to start all over just because of 1 orb. This means you HAVE to do the spider caves Gnawing Lurker mission BEFORE you use the debug mode to get every power cell. You can use the debug mode to teleport to the red sages hut from the very beginning. You can also do all the powercells except the gnawing lurker powercell but you won't get the trophy for all power cells until you do the gnawing lurker mission.  I was playing on vita but it works all the same on PS4,PS3 and PS2. Do not make the same mistake I made. 

EDIT:  I see a lot of people saying I should just play the game normally in the forums. I only used debug mode on the VITA. It is very laggy on VITA so that's why I used it. I can 100% Jak and Daxter 1 with ease on PS2, PS3, PS4 or PS5. I actually 100% it maybe once every 3 months for fun. It's a childhood game of mine, however, it's just the VITA that makes it hard and not fun. None of the Jak games runs well on the VITA.  If you played the game on the VITA, you would understand why I wanted to speed the plat up with the debug mode. The fact that I'm playing on a portable console makes it hard enough which I was fine with, but the FPS and lag that came with it made it very hard and not fun. The PS4 one might lag but since I'm using a controller, it's not a super big deal, but on a handheld console, it makes it very hard to play and have fun. At the end, I just beat the game normally but I remember hating doing it thanks to all of the lag.

Edited by Tyrant-Cynical
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, fanat56ru said:

Damn . Thats why i cant find my last 3 orbs for my platinum :/

It seems so. This is what we get for cheating. I wasted 5-6 hours getting orbs and now I have to do it again because of 1 orb. I'm going to get the rest of the scout flies then I'm starting a new save and going staight to the spiders caves and getting it over with. And this time i'll go backwards from the red sage to the blues and then to the green. Then I'll do the gol and maria last level to get the rest of the orbs.

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

wait if there is a debug mode in this line of games is there any for other ones like say dmc1 to 3 or 4 or even elder scrolls oblivion? like if you put in a line of button inputs I mean not using the pc

Are those games from the same developer?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KANERKB said:

wait if there is a debug mode in this line of games is there any for other ones like say dmc1 to 3 or 4 or even elder scrolls oblivion? like if you put in a line of button inputs I mean not using the pc

Devs "remove" the debug menu from their games before they release them, in Jak they left it in. DMC4 (original release) has a known debug menu but it only works on the versions that have 9 languages, the other versions can use debug with a mod on PC.

Obviously the answer to your question is "unknown" since it could be any button combination (in DMC4 you need to hold the shoulder buttons on the controller at the same time), usually what happens is that someone mods a game then have access to the debug menu, they never find out if you can access the debug menu with just a button combination since it could be any combo.

Nier: Automata has a debug menu but it's an unlockable that you get after beating the game, and i would say that menu is not the full one the devs used to debug the game.

40 minutes ago, jka121 said:

Just play that game normally. Jak 1 is the easiest 

I played it many of times normally on ps2 when I was a kid and I played it normally on ps4 for the trophy. The Vita however is very laggy most of the time and playing any game on vita is harder then playing with the controller.

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:47 AM, renatabls said:

Devs "remove" the debug menu from their games before they release them, in Jak they left it in. DMC4 (original release) has a known debug menu but it only works on the versions that have 9 languages, the other versions can use debug with a mod on PC.

Obviously the answer to your question is "unknown" since it could be any button combination (in DMC4 you need to hold the shoulder buttons on the controller at the same time), usually what happens is that someone mods a game then have access to the debug menu, they never find out if you can access the debug menu with just a button combination since it could be any combo.

Nier: Automata has a debug menu but it's an unlockable that you get after beating the game, and i would say that menu is not the full one the devs used to debug the game.

That is a pity as i would of loved to added an unkillable or model replacer for characters in the game for ps3, and as for oblivion would of loved having level 200 jumping so i can basiclly jump into the sky like i could in saints rows 4 oh well i guess.

• 7 months later...
23 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

Re-visiting this game but this time will be using Debug Mode to get the platinum. So I need to play the game until the Spider Cave, then use the debug mode to skip to the next levels? Playing the Vita version.

I assume so. But you can teleport to the red sage's hut from the debug menu iirc.

1 hour ago, DrHambone said:

So start a new game, go to that area and get them, then go back and get them in all areas of the game (with the use of skipping)?

Do the spider caves, clear that then you can use all the skipping you like

10 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Re-visiting this game but this time will be using Debug Mode to get the platinum. So I need to play the game until the Spider Cave, then use the debug mode to skip to the next levels? Playing the Vita version.

There is an option that allows you to teleport to the red sage hut using the debug mode. You can do that and do the spider caves first. Once you get all of the orbs in the spider caves you can use the debug mode to get every powercell. Or you could get every powercell in the game expect the spider caves until you do the level. Either way you just don't want to use the debug mode on the spider caves until you get every orb in the level. Every other level is fine. Its because those centipede things drops orbs when they die. If you use the debug mode and you already have the powercell from the centipedes, then the final one you kill won't drop the orbs. I guess you could also just not debug the centipede powercell but I would just get every orb in the spider caves before I use the debug mode for the level just to be safe. I learned that the hard way months ago.

Edited by jamaicanchampion

On 30/03/2018 at 9:26 AM, jamaicanchampion said:

It seems so. This is what we get for cheating. I wasted 5-6 hours getting orbs and now I have to do it again because of 1 orb. 

On 30/03/2018 at 10:57 AM, jka121 said:

Just play that game normally. Jak 1 is the easiest 

Jak 1 is literally a 6-7 hr platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrHambone said:

Ok, but how do I teleport there though?

This website will show you how to use the debug mode for all 3 Jak games https://jadtech.miraheze.org/wiki/Debug_Mode but to teleport go to a warp gate and before you press Circle, hold L3. While holding L3 press Circle and all of the warp gates will be unlocked.