A warning for those who use the debug mode.

10 hours ago, IoIly said:

Doo not use it. You have risk to mess up your time stamps. Check my trophy list. I did not get trophy Power Lunch althogh i got trophy Maximum Power https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1250-jak-and-daxter-the-precursor-legacy/IoIly I use account IoIly to test games and for boosting but i will be very upset if mods ban account for messing up time stamps

Hide the game and it shouldn't get flagged.

I had completed this game a few times (PS2, VITA etc) and finally decided to finish off my PS3 platinum run (which was part of my ever growing pile of shame/unfinished games). To hasten this, I tried the debug mode (I was already at around approx 75% completion so it wasn't needed at all! laziness more than anything).

At the final area, I used it to allow me to make Jak "float"around the environment to bypass some platforming and in doing so, somehow broke the level (the sages never spawned, so I can't rescue them). I also managed to get the lurkers to spawn after teleporting away from, then driving the bike back to the final area. But after the ambush, no trophy popped for that. Not sure how many other's playthroughs have been affected in similar ways, but be wary of the debug mode! :(

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/29/2018 at 4:00 PM, Tyrant-Cynical said:

When you use the debug mode, you can unlock all of the power cells. That is what I did at the start. I unlocked all 101 power cells. You still need to get all of the scout flies and orbs however. So I got all the orbs from every level in order until I got to the spider caves. This is where the trouble begins. I couldn't find one orb in the map so I searched for over a hour looking for it. That is when I realized that the power cell for the Gnawing Lurker mission didn't drop. At first I didn't care because I was skiping the power cells anyways. That is when it hit me. When you kill a Gnawing Lurker they drop orbs. Some don't but most of them do. However they always drop health no matter what. But when I killed the last one, the power cell, health and orbs did not drop. That is because I already had the power cell using the debug mode. I tested this out by going on another save and re doing the Gnawing Lurker mission and I left the Gnawing Lurker I know drops a orb for last. When I killed it, the orb didn't drop. You need all 2000 orbs to get the trophy. Meaning depending on which Gnawing Lurker you kill last could stop you from getting the trophy. I had 1749 orbs and now I have to start all over just because of 1 orb. This means you HAVE to do the spider caves Gnawing Lurker mission BEFORE you use the debug mode to get every power cell. You can use the debug mode to teleport to the red sages hut from the very beginning. You can also do all the powercells except the gnawing lurker powercell but you won't get the trophy for all powercells until you do the gnawing lurker mission.  I was playing on vita but it works all the same on PS4,PS3 and PS2. Do not make the same mistake I made. 

Wait so what did you do manually and what did you skip around for on PS4? I looked at your PS4 time stamps and those look somewhat normal, given some sort of debug mode. I do see your Vita timestamps and what you are talking about.

I am just trying to see how to do this somewhat efficiently. So thanks for any input.

I've legitimately gotten the platinum for each trilogy entry on the PS3 and Vita in addition to playing these a ton on the PS2 as a kid. I am just curious to how this debug menu works because no one seems to lay it out succinctly.

• 1 year later...

I'm now in the boat who believes you should just play the game and get the trophies normally.

If someone wants to use debug they should only use the health and flying cheats and stay away from unlocking anything. I say this because I unlocked all the Power Cells but the trophies for untethering the Zeppelin and beating the game did not pop so my list now looks wonky. Besides you still have to collect the Orbs and Flies normally warranting a full playthrough anyway.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:21 AM, IoIly said:

To hide trophies is a shame. I better leave psnprofile if i ll get ban here for crime which i did not commit

Join the club, my friend, join the fucking club, lol! Some little rat on here reported me for my platinum time stamp being out of order on a simple ass Vita game anyone and their mother could platinum using the "Vita trick", as it's called. The Vita trick messed up on me, hence the odd time stamp. All logic and common sense pointed to the "Vita trick gone wrong" scenario as the reason why in my useless, pointless Dispute thread but nope, removed from the leaderboards as a "CHEATER" (that's even the reason stated: "cheated trophies") and I was told to hide the game. I'm not hiding shit! 

I feel your pain, amigo. I refuse to hide a game I did 100% legit. I've debated leaving this site because of it (still debating, to be honest) but, yeah, in the meantime there's no way in hell I'm hiding something I never cheated on. Every day when I come on this site THIS bullshit is what I have to look at: 

Screenshot 2022-08-26 2.46.43 PM