'Dark Reward' trophy Bugged

Lag_The_Ravager

I'm sure this is a rare instance, as I haven't found a single post anywhere online about it.  But my game has completely screwed me out of the Dark Reward trophy.  I grabbed the scroll to start the mission - and apparently it never updated my quest log with the quest.  I didn't realize this until many hours later when I figured I'd backtrack for collectibles.  Since I don't have the quest, the artifacts don't appear - and therefore this trophy is unobtainable for me.  I went back to where the scroll is supposed to be, and it's gone - so I did in fact take it, but the game is too crap to even register the quest chain.  Now I'm stuck doing a full other playthrough to probably go through this all over again.  Not impressed. 

I deleted and am redownloading and hoping by some miracle this fixes, but after playing this series before, I don't expect anything but to be screwed completely.  

EDIT: It never fixed - I had to start a new game, and making a new save, I was actually able to replicate the bug.  You can get screwed out of any of the collectible scrolls by press X twice, in too quick of succession.  If you press once, and wait - then a screen comes up and tells you to accept the quest, however if you double mash X when picking it up, this screen never comes up, the scroll will be gone, and you screwed.  

Got my plat and will never play a Gothic game again, nor anything published by Nordic, THQ Nordic - or developed by PB or anybody related to the series.  Elex and Arcania were enough for me to realize these guys couldn't develop film, let alone a game.  

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager

• 2 years later...
On 30/3/2018 at 4:09 AM, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I'm sure this is a rare instance, as I haven't found a single post anywhere online about it.  But my game has completely screwed me out of the Dark Reward trophy.  I grabbed the scroll to start the mission - and apparently it never updated my quest log with the quest.  I didn't realize this until many hours later when I figured I'd backtrack for collectibles.  Since I don't have the quest, the artifacts don't appear - and therefore this trophy is unobtainable for me.  I went back to where the scroll is supposed to be, and it's gone - so I did in fact take it, but the game is too crap to even register the quest chain.  Now I'm stuck doing a full other playthrough to probably go through this all over again.  Not impressed. 

I deleted and am redownloading and hoping by some miracle this fixes, but after playing this series before, I don't expect anything but to be screwed completely.  

EDIT: It never fixed - I had to start a new game, and making a new save, I was actually able to replicate the bug.  You can get screwed out of any of the collectible scrolls by press X twice, in too quick of succession.  If you press once, and wait - then a screen comes up and tells you to accept the quest, however if you double mash X when picking it up, this screen never comes up, the scroll will be gone, and you screwed.  

Got my plat and will never play a Gothic game again, nor anything published by Nordic, THQ Nordic - or developed by PB or anybody related to the series.  Elex and Arcania were enough for me to realize these guys couldn't develop film, let alone a game.  

Do you have another backup save to solve this issue?

• 2 years later...