optimusmart

10hr platinum

28 posts in this topic

Nice one! It's one of my favourite games of all time, shame we'll probably never see a sequel :( It didn't make enough money apparently to greenlight another

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Nice one! It's one of my favourite games of all time, shame we'll probably never see a sequel :( It didn't make enough money apparently to greenlight another

 

Yea, I was quite surprised, it been collecting dust for a while and didnt think i would really enjoy, just held onto it as i 'heard' it was good and well, its alien

 

The game does get quite boring after 1 or 2 playthroughs though, dont think i can be bothered to plat on my main. Shame bcuz i only have 1 trophy left and im halfway through

 

But, writing a TW will provide some pleasure so will allow me to enjoy a bit more

 

Its quite a simple game really isnt it. It looks complicated, but remove all the finer details and its pretty simple witg a even simpler trophy list

 

I found they didnt really give Amanda Ripley much of a personality though, and they didnt really develop much of her story. Shame because this is the first game where I havent skipped cutscenes in about a year

 

Kept expecting cutscenes to further explain events, but they would never happen

 

The combination on the music and anticipation of the alien makes it really tense gameplay, would have been good in VR in cinematic mode

 

Im going to make sure I leave RE7 until I get VR ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alien: Isolation is awesome! Maybe a hidden gem. I got the platinum on it twice, counting with my prior account. I did only one playtrhough this time, but already knowing the game was essential. I could have gotten a better time on it, but it was in the middle of "planning a milestone", wich was Gravity Rush 2 as 10th platinum by the way. I definitely support the idea of a 10h platinum walkthrough; it would benefit a lot of gamers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played this game for a couple hours and stopped. I would def pick it up again if you did a 10hr plat guide!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Alien: Isolation is awesome! Maybe a hidden gem. I got the platinum on it twice, counting with my prior account. I did only one playtrhough this time, but already knowing the game was essential. I could have gotten a better time on it, but it was in the middle of "planning a milestone", wich was Gravity Rush 2 as 10th platinum by the way. I definitely support the idea of a 10h platinum walkthrough; it would benefit a lot of gamers.

 

Yea, I agree, its knowing what to do and where that makes the game easy and fast. 

 

Doesnt neccessarily take lots of skill, just tactics. Question for new players is do u want to discover for yourself, or would u prefer to have somebody tell u the easiest/fastest routes

 

Somebody on the leaderboard here platted it in 6hr46. I guess thats possible with prior knowledge, and with use of certain glitches

 

Speedrunners routes are a good point of reference but i dont find them that helpful for beginners as they use glitches a lot, which sometimes require skill

 

I dont get why speedrunners glitch so much, my eyes it just voids it because u r basically cheating the game 

 

I may join on that double plat, as once I have the guide done, I may fly through it on a new account I plan to do all these games on that I do TWs for ;)

 

Hard game to plat isnt it that GR2?? I wish I had more time to enjoy more games, there are just to many good games nowadays u just dont get enough chance to play them all, so u end up carefully selecting them. 

 

32 minutes ago, gnova said:

I played this game for a couple hours and stopped. I would def pick it up again if you did a 10hr plat guide!

 

I plan to bud, keep an eye out

 

I think it wil be a fairly straightforward guide to do as well. The game has good maps, has objectives, combat is pretty simple, its easy to relate to everything. 

 

Use edited maps and images to explain where to go, what to grab, and few vids to further explain tricky parts which are few off

 

Biggest problem is the loot RNG element. Loose individual loot is fixed, but loot inside a container or on a dead body is RNG. So, im hoping I can just guide the player on collecting the fixed loot as that way I can better control your playthrough

 

Relying on RNG loot may mean u dont have the neccessary items to bypass a certain part easily so I cant use that approach

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is awesome.

 

Also, it can be done in one play through as long as you don't kill any humans, don't die, and play on hard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

This game is awesome.

 

Also, it can be done in one play through as long as you don't kill any humans, don't die, and play on hard.

 

Ive been through it a few times, Ive got the route down, just the loot im worried about as I only want to use fixed loot

 

Theres a backup exploit i am speculating on that may help that one shot trophy and speedup a few others;

The save files on the PS4 are all individual, u have the character progress/stat save, as well as a current/previous file and even each mission have there own ps4 save file

 

I dont know for sure as some posts support this, yet some refute it, but it could just be down to some posts lacking detail or not mentioning every detail. 

 

Anyway, i am thinking that ur deaths are saved on ur profile save. I am also thinking that if u r on mission 10 for example, then go into the PS4 saved data, delete the profile save, then u can load the game back up, load the mission 10 save, but now u will have now tags/files etc because u deleted the profile save

 

Now, maybe we can do this on the very last save in the game to reset deaths and get one shot easily...... 

 

I dont know, just speculation after piecing together things ive read/experienced, going to keep it in mind and test it

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay okay I may suck but it took me roughly 20 hrs on survivor difficulty but yea I can see someone beating it on the easiest difficulty in as little as 5 maybe

 

Game was fantastic!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ManifestDestinee said:

18.5 hrs average main story run according to this. More for the plat of course. Looks like at least 20 hrs mate.

 

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=16638

 

Yea, thats not entirely accurate, its based on statistics, and those are general/average

 

So general time is approx 20hrs and I agree on that. There will always be players that take longer amd some that are quicker, its just on average its 20hrs

 

But following a TW, the plat can be acquired in 10hrs, thats my opinion and what the TW will advise the players on

 

 

Take the Witcher 3 on that site for example. That game is listed as a 100hr completion time, but it can actually be platted in 40hrs, I know because I have done it and created a TW for it on another site

 

For the record, I find generally, most average Platinum times can be done 50% quicker on a optimised route, give or take 10%

 

Persona 5 is a estimated 130hr plat probably average, but could probably be done in about 60hrs optimised

 

Dragons Dogma, a average 50hr plat probably, but can be done in abt 15hrs probably

 

Fallout 4 can be done in about 25hrs comfortably and is abt a 70hr average

 

Smaller games are a lot different, but the 50% optimised reduced time still applies, just doesnt save as much time. Whereas in a big open world game, a optimised route may save you 50 or so hrs, on a samller game, will only save a few hours

 

I guess TWs benefit bigger games more for those that wish to use them as tjey save like days of playtime, its just more work for the individual

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with the speedrun guide.

 

I for one was happy to take longer playing this game, too good to rush through if you ask me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Super Sand Virginia said:

This game is awesome.

 

Also, it can be done in one play through as long as you don't kill any humans, don't die, and play on hard.

Semantics, but you have to clean up the trophy for dying 100 times afterwards

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, audiopile said:

Good luck with the speedrun guide.

 

I for one was happy to take longer playing this game, too good to rush through if you ask me.

 

All we can do is play games how we enjoy, they are entertainment at the end of the day

 

There are many different playstyles nowadays, I dont try to force mine onto anybody, I just know that some like to follow an optimised platinum route and I enjoy bringing that to them

 

Anyhow, players can take their time with my guides if they wish, they dont HAVE to follow it super strictly. I just like to provide them with the absolute fastest route with least amount work needed at a beginner level. After that, the ball is in their court, but at least they will know how fast/easy they could get it if they wanted to

 

Its all about choice ;n) 

 

 

37 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Semantics, but you have to clean up the trophy for dying 100 times afterwards

 

That one is a bummer, load times are pretty quick on PS4 though luckily

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

All we can do is play games how we enjoy, they are entertainment at the end of the day

 

There are many different playstyles nowadays, I dont try to force mine onto anybody, I just know that some like to follow an optimised platinum route and I enjoy bringing that to them

 

Anyhow, players can take their time with my guides if they wish, they dont HAVE to follow it super strictly. I just like to provide them with the absolute fastest route with least amount work needed at a beginner level. After that, the ball is in their court, but at least they will know how fast/easy they could get it if they wanted to

 

Its all about choice ;n) 

 

 

 

That one is a bummer, load times are pretty quick on PS4 though luckily

I totally appreciate that. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieHardDavidN said:

Looking forward to using the guide when it's ready!

 

It wont be anytime soon though bud, I want to write the TW still, but its going on the back burner for now

 

Ive quite a few on the back burner to be honest, some are almost done, ive just had to take a breather from the games because they have gotten so boring

 

I probably wont touch this till at least a few months away, but just keep an eye out on the front page and u will spot it when it appears

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im just going to create a video walkthrough for this with written steps complimenting it

 

Will take ages making a written guide, this should make it quicker

 

 

EDIT 4.7.18

Quick update.

Im just finishing off a guide for another game, then will get started on this. Hoping it wont take too long

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on this now, think.it will only take a few weeks, Im hoping anyway.

 

Turns out using maps and text works pretty well. So this guide will use maps that I am editing with text steps below and relating to.the map.

 

A.video guide will included as well to.compliment the guide

 

All in all, I think this.one is.going to.look.really nice. With only 1 playthrough required, shouldnt be too.long

 

Im.working.through the game currently creating.the.maps and.adding.the icons to.them, then.its just a.matter of.adding.the.text and recording the.vids

 

Early/mid Aug is my target

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a guide like this. I really enjoy the Alien franchise, but I've also heard the alien in this game is more omnipresent than intelligent, so I've resisted buying.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2018 at 6:03 AM, rdhight said:

I would love a guide like this. I really enjoy the Alien franchise, but I've also heard the alien in this game is more omnipresent than intelligent, so I've resisted buying.

 

It will be right up ur alley ;)

 

Anyhow, just a brief update;

Ive been making good progress with this, I now have EVERY map done for the game (basically each mission will have maps with item/objective locations).

 

Now I just need to go through the game again, while writing the text to accompany the maps

 

Then its just running.through the game one more time and recording.the run, but then.uplaoding.

 

So all in all, will.be text/maps/videos. Think will defo have it done this mth

 

While creating the maps, I.optimised all my routes/strategies. I have managed to make each difficult encounter as a easy as possible, as it turns out, there are more scripted alien encounters than I realised, making it even.easier to cheese

 

The games difficulty is all about taking.the right approach

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

It will be right up ur alley ;)

 

Anyhow, just a brief update;

Ive been making good progress with this, I now have EVERY map done for the game (basically each mission will have maps with item/objective locations).

 

Now I just need to go through the game again, while writing the text to accompany the maps

 

Then its just running.through the game one more time and recording.the run, but then.uplaoding.

 

So all in all, will.be text/maps/videos. Think will defo have it done this mth

 

While creating the maps, I.optimised all my routes/strategies. I have managed to make each difficult encounter as a easy as possible, as it turns out, there are more scripted alien encounters than I realised, making it even.easier to cheese

 

The games difficulty is all about taking.the right approach

 

Waiting for your walkthrough =)

Edited by Rafi_004
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rafi_004 said:

 

Waiting for your walkthrough =)

 

Gimme a few weeks ;)

 

Heres a brief look at how it will look, just remember I am still editing it, and videos will be added to each mission

 

2wAqUhM.png

 

Im liking this layout as it seems quite adaptable, easy to keep track and may apply it to all future guides

Edited by optimusmart
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I perhaps wont make these threads anymore as they are not neccessary, if anybody wants progress updates on future guides, they will just have to PM me. 

 

Anyway, the guide is about done, will probably submit in a week, just have last few missions to do.

 

Good news is that the Platinum route and videos will be about 6hrs, so the 10hr beginner route is easily achieveable ;)! And shows that even if u wish to explore a bit more than me, still quick plat

 

 

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.03.2018 at 9:38 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Nice one! It's one of my favourite games of all time, shame we'll probably never see a sequel :( It didn't make enough money apparently to greenlight another

It's getting a sequel :). But as a comic book. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.