Dragn_Whytefyre

Is Multiplayer Dead?

17 posts in this topic

It's been acting weird (for me anyway) for a few weeks now; horse disappearing the second you dismount (if it shows up at all), no gang members to fight in hideouts OR never ending wave after wave, seeing other players on the radar, but not on the screen and lastly, unable to reach the Outfitter page.

Now however, I can't even get to Free Roam. Page just loads for eternity and I never get there.

Are they shutting it down or just no longer care if it works properly anymore and letting it die a slow death? Anyone know what's going on?

It's glitchy and freezes sometimes at loading screen. U should leave it for few years.

I'm pretty sure it's been hacked and because of that it turned into the real wild west.

Restart system if you experience the endless loading screen. 

Hackers compromised Red Dead’s multiplayer servers several years ago. Rockstar claimed to be working on a fix last year…but that seems unlikely, especially with the new installment arriving this October.  : /   

2 hours ago, myst1ry said:

It's glitchy and freezes sometimes at loading screen. U should leave it for few years.

I did leave. For about five years.

Servers can be a hit or miss but still manageable. Just reload if you ever get stuck on a loading screen. Multiplayer is still surprisingly populated as well.

Go from a singleplayer session to a private session to a public session. Fixes most errors.

looking to start this and i feel a little reluctant to start it as its been out online forever lol, is it worth adding it to my profile so late?

43 minutes ago, Perfect_Sinn said:

looking to start this and i feel a little reluctant to start it as its been out online forever lol, is it worth adding it to my profile so late?

If you find a boosting group then you can get almost all the trophies pretty quickly. It'll be hard finding enough people for the full posse or Kingpin trophies though.

Just now, StuGunn5 said:

If you find a boosting group then you can get almost all the trophies pretty quickly. It'll be hard finding enough people for the full posse or Kingpin trophies though.

the group isnt the problem as im in a game guild were most have them have got or finished the game :) tnx for the reply though, i decided to go for it and work hard at getting the 100% :)

@Perfect_Sinn Since you have good and reliable people to play with then it shouldn't be an issue getting the trophies. I just finished it up month or two ago.

Hello, I have just ordered red dead redemption believe it or not (im late to the party) and i was wondering the same thing, because someone had mentioned something for the online servers. When i get the game, incase of course there are no people joining, can someone join me? (i know it sounds silly sorry)

1 hour ago, elinas2 said:

Hello, I have just ordered red dead redemption believe it or not (im late to the party) and i was wondering the same thing, because someone had mentioned something for the online servers. When i get the game, incase of course there are no people joining, can someone join me? (i know it sounds silly sorry)

I just finished RDR a few weeks ago and the online community was still active, luckily for me I never ran into glitchy servers and all the online trophies popped normally. There’s plenty of sessions people are hosting, you can join them for boosting

22 minutes ago, Nai_Lienoj said:

I just finished RDR a few weeks ago and the online community was still active, luckily for me I never ran into glitchy servers and all the online trophies popped normally. There’s plenty of sessions people are hosting, you can join them for boosting

Ok thank you for letting me know!