What is the nicest looking game you've seen?

Dreakon13

Just curious. ?

I'll say to use your own discretion when answering, in regards to what "nice looking" means.  Maybe it's the most technically impressive game you've seen.  Maybe it's the best looking art style/technique.  Maybe it's just a look or style that personally resonated with you.  Any generation, any platform, etc.

• Like 1

So far, the most gorgeous is probably Uncharted 4 but I have also been quite impressed by the photo-realism of The Order 1886...

Precision: I have a PS4 Pro and a 4K, HDR TV screen 

Edited by Neef-GT5

For overall game design, scenery/ environment and atmosphere, FFXII would be my top one. I really like the lively atmosphere and variety of towns and cities, and it had some interesting places. Tales of Xillia and Nier Automata are two others, very beautiful for scenery design. I also really liked Nier Automata's character design with the gothic dress, white hair and blind folds.

For characters, I liked FFXIII series. I really loved Lightning's design and found that the other characters like Hope, Serah, Vanille and Fang were well done as well. The clothing designs for Lightning Returns were my most favourite.

The Disgaea games have quite a cool quirky design, as do many of Nippon Ichi's games. 

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture really stood out for me, I guess because it being a small open world meant they could put a lot of details in there. Also you don’t get many games set in rural England so it just stood out from the start. 

I also remember being really impressed with Far Cry 3, but that was possibly because it was my first PS3 game after years of playing on the PS2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

Just curious. 1f643.png

I'll say to use your own discretion when answering, in regards to what "nice looking" means.  Maybe it's the most technically impressive game you've seen.  Maybe it's the best looking art style/technique.  Maybe it's just a look or style that personally resonated with you.  Any generation, any platform, etc.

Love the topic BTW :)

Still The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, on Nintendo GameCube. Such a dream to take in on a nice CRT to this day, and is a touch more seamless than the bloomified HD version on Wii U which is a bit more video game than stack of animation cels.

After that, probably Fez.

Edited by Zondares
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, gerboize said:

Okami, Bloodborne and Life is Strange. Each had its own visual identity. Each fascinated me in its own way.

Oh yes, Bloodborne is one I find to have great visuals, especially from what I have played so far is Yharnam itself.

AC: Origins is also another I thought was a wonderful game, visually appealing sort of thing.

• Like 1

Horizon: Zero Dawn, great art direction and incredible technology to back it up in the most stunning game ever made.

Okami [with the filter], Puppeteer, LittleBigPlanet series, Tearaway, Kirby's Epic Yarn. Those come to mind as games that I really enjoy the art design and visuals of as well. The Order: 1886 is the only game where at times I was tricked into believing that I was watching actual actors rather than some computer generated models. Particularly the part in the pulled buggy at night. Man that game had great art direction and impressive tech behind it.

• Like 1