Dreakon13

What is the nicest looking game you've seen?

65 posts in this topic

Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Series, Tomb Raider Series, AC Origins, The Last of Us and the Final Fantasy Series (especially XIII and XV) just to name a few. I always felt amazed by the graphics when playing these games.

Nothing even comes close to Horizon Zero Dawn for me, at least in terms of graphical prowess.

In terms of art direction, I'd have to go with something else, maybe Bloodborne.

Can’t limit myself to just one:

NieR Automata

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

Everybody Gone To The Rapure: I  want to live in that game. maybe some day

Last Of Us: Same I want to be alive.

Prince of Persia. That one that came out in 2008. Absolutely loved the visuals. So colorful and pleasing to look at.

Horizon: Zero Dawn because I spent a lot of time standing on the side of a mountain looking over that horizon.

PS4: Ratchet & Clank (2016) - I was extremely impressed by the visuals in this game. From the very beginning when leaving Grim’s garage I knew I was in for a treat. Excellent variety of colours from planet to planet.

PS3: Final Fantasy XIII - My first and only FF game that I’ve played so far. This game looked amazing. (and probably still does) I remember the cutscene when you first get a glimpse at the Archyltle Steppe being particularly impressive. One of my all time favourite games 😍

My favorite games in terms of visuals have probably been: 

• Pokémon Black 2 / Pokémon White 2 (top-class sprite work, impressive details and 3D effects in environments)
  • Journey (beautiful colors and mood, great simplified graphical style)
  • Persona 5 (non-traditional bold UI and overall the art style is to my liking)
  • Hitman GO (impressive visual concept unlike any I've ever seen before, pleasant colors)

Any Assassin's Creed game as the aesthetic is what makes games looks great, not necessarily resolution, particularly the Italian games as renaissance italy is beautiful.

The Order 1886. You may not have liked the story or gameplay or whatever, but you can’t deny it looks simple stunning visually.

Recently: Uncharted 4, there is also The Order 1886 but i'm not a  big fan of the effects, the game looks too "gray" to me, Uncharted 4 looks more natural.

On the PS3: all the FF13 games. The CGI cutscenes in the three games always blew me away with how they looked.

On the PS2, i remember loving the graphics of RE4, which is weird to me looking back... since the PS2 version of RE4 is the worst looking of the bunch, it's all so blurry!

Okami and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, even after 10 years they're visually stunning :dance:

Edit: I forgot Yoshi's Island, it's like an interactive drawing 

Edited by ShimizuGear09

That moment when you get to Drangleic Castle in Dark souls 2 is still the most impressed I ever was with visuals.

Other than that, I don't really care.. give me 60fps over pretty graphics any day of the week. I want to play the game not look at still images of it. 

15 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Eternal Sonata 1f495.png

They really should remastered this underrated game 1f622.png

100% agree with Eternal Sonata.

I've had many 'oh wow' moments over the years... donkey kong country, super metroid, resident evil remake, RE0, uncharted series, demon souls, dark souls... many more

F.E.A.R. 2

Crysis 3

Half-Life 2

Call of Duty Black Ops series - My favorites over any other CoD.

Hard Reset

Tomb Raider series (especially ROTTR)

Lords of the Fallen - Similar atmosphere to Dark Souls.

Ni-oh

Nier: Automata

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 - Maybe the #1 best looking fighting game.

Trails of Cold Steel I & II - PC & PS4 versions.  PS3 version isn't bad.  Adding 60 FPS & longer draw distance (really noticeable in the Nord Highlands) makes it great.

I think Uncharted 4 was the most visually stunning game I've ever played, but that's a boring answer. So, how about Cuphead? As someone who loves hand-drawn animation, I was absolutely blown away by the artwork in that game -- and I've never even played it.

I really liked the art style in Valkyria Chronicles too.

Everything about Subnautica is just gorgeous, especially at night with all the creatures and plants glowing. In the same category of under the water worlds, Bioshock and ABZU.

The color scheme of Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni is still my favorite. I love the soft pastels. 

The artistic style of Breath of the Wild. Same with Persona 5.