IGN Top 100 Video Games of all time

Gwendly

2 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Instead of just linking this clickbait crap, why not list the top 10 and save us all the hassle?

Because someone else would have complained about not having the rest of the list? The whole list is in the OP now though ...

90% of this list has to do with the best selling and most innovative games. People all around are complaining because their special wittle game didn't make it. Maybe if it created waves and carried a legacy for more than 10 years it would deserve a spot. Seriously people are complaining about Pokemon go being on here?! 100 million (by August 8th, Google Play market only) the year it was released it started this huge thing people wake up.

9 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

Seriously people are complaining about Pokemon go being on here?! 100 million (by August 8th, Google Play market only) the year it was released it started this huge thing people wake up.

If it wasn't free, those numbers would have been dramatically lower...let's not forget that was half the allure of the game.

8 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

90% of this list has to do with the best selling and most innovative games. People all around are complaining because their special wittle game didn't make it. Maybe if it created waves and carried a legacy for more than 10 years it would deserve a spot.

Kind of like how Bloodborne and Dark Souls are mentioned, but they completely ignored Demon's Souls (and King's Field)?

3 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

If it wasn't free, those numbers would have been dramatically lower...let's not forget that was half the allure of the game.

Kind of like how Bloodborne and Dark Souls are mentioned, but they completely ignored Demon's Souls (and King's Field)?

Yes because everyone is raving about the Demon Souls remaster.....oh wait that's dark souls....

And yes the millions of dollars niantic made off pokemon go is nothing to wave a stick at. Odd part is I never played it I just know it was everywhere

Edited by mackenzie129

1 minute ago, mackenzie129 said:

Yes because everyone is raving about the Demon Souls remaster.....oh wait that's dark souls....

Well, let's just add another Zelda game to the list. :facepalm:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

I can't believe FF7 barely made it..

As someone who still plays Pokemon Go, I'm surprised that pogo is even on the list, let alone right next to FF7. It's a good game but it was only extremely fun the first couple months. Now it's alright.

Edited by NutellaOrgies

Another list that doesn't have Okami
As much as I like Pokemon, Pokemon Go really shouldn't be on that list.

Just recently made my own top 100 list though I my list I kind of kept it down to one game per series otherwise it would probably be littered with Pokemon, Legend of Zelda and quite a few more mario games.

Edited by Nightstream88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mackenzie129 said:

And yes the millions of dollars niantic made off pokemon go is nothing to wave a stick at. Odd part is I never played it I just know it was everywhere

Well, everyone is raving about Demon's Souls remaster and not Dark Souls as Dark Souls had a much wider release and you can get the game for a lot of consoles and PC. I think you were being sarcastic, but that's the truth.

Edited by MMDE

43 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Well, everyone is raving about Demon's Souls remaster and not Dark Souls as Dark Souls had a much wider release and you can get the game for a lot of consoles and PC. I think you were being sarcastic, but that's the truth.

Everywhere I'm going people are talking about how pumped they are about the Dark souls remaster, To quote a "souls" fan "demon souls was janky". Also PORTABLE DARK SOULSSSSSSS

Edited by mackenzie129

1 hour ago, belovedklowny said:

A list that includes (for example) Spelunky while excluding (for example) Tomb Raider is *ahem* a wee bit flawed.

How can a list of IGN’s best games be flawed based on the opinion of someone who doesn’t work for IGN?

If you made a list of your top 100 games, it wouldn’t be ‘flawed’ just because it didn’t have all the games that I would put on my list on it...

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

How can a list of IGN’s best games be flawed based on the opinion of someone who doesn’t work for IGN?

If you made a list of your top 100 games, it wouldn’t be ‘flawed’ just because it didn’t have all the games that I would put on my list on it...

Glad you asked. Does one have to be among the compilers of such a list in order to critique it?

My top 100 games list is flawed without doubt. That's why I don't foist on the public. :)

Pokemon Silver/Gold are the best versions from the Pokemon games. I don't get why is only Yellow in the list.

As for TLoZ I would definitely switch A Link to The Past for Ocarina of Time. 

Also no Okami... No Demon's Souls? 

Edited by Aexuz

9 hours ago, belovedklowny said:

My top 100 games list is flawed without doubt. That's why I don't foist on the public. :)

Not mine. My top 100 list is obviously perfect...

...though, come to think of it, I doubt I could even order 100 top games. Did IGN take a poll of their workers or something?