Side Quest № 51 and Rejuvenate Bug

I was awarded the bug in the quest № 51 "Speio, Priestess in Training" has a condition to learn Rejuvenate spell but for some reasons it doesn't trigger further quest progression. The quest № 80 "The Search for Eternal Youth" need the spell too, but I managed to make progress.

I am very sad because I need to do this quest for the trophy "Recruiting Consultant - Awarded for recruiting 100 new subjects." now, I'm going to need to start the game again because I will not wait for Bandai/Level 5 to launch an update (If they launch.). Some people in "Steam forum" have said that they will launch, but when?

Solution to not bug the quest: You can not take quest number 51 and 80 together. You need to get the Rejuvenate spell to make the 51 quest, and then make the 80. Just dont take this two sidequest at sametime. Do not do the same stupidity I do.

Hope this helps someone, or at least avoid someone from getting the bug.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Did you get it by unlocking the spell before the quest asked you to unlock it?

I had the spell unlocked at the start of the quest and it was fine. Apparently it's only if you have both active at the same time?

I also had both quests active, and i didn't have the spell, when i learned it, one quest updated and #51 glitched.

Bandai Namco support replied:

"Please note that the developers are aware of this issue and they're currently working on releasing a software update which fixes this.

We kindly ask you to be patient as this is going to take some time."

I also asked them to confirm if the issue will be fixed for the current save file, and i will not have to start over again.
Edited by Hartgroove

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone still interested if they fixed it. They did with 1.02 patch. Can't confirm it myself but it is mentioned in the patch notes so.

"Fixed the bug during the side quest 051 "Trainee Priestess Speio" where quest will not proceed even when the magic "Rejuvenate" is learned."

Source: https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7076-ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-patch-1-02-now-live

• Like 2