Prestige Mode 'Hardest Races'

MennoWoods2

Okay so i played this game last year got 4 gold medals on spikes events and i'm now going back to it starting with 'Torque of the Town', which is a pain the ass,

but i was wondering what are the hardest races to get the gold medals on so i can mentally prepare myself??

It's been almost two years so I can't really remember the specific ones that gave me the hardest time, because most of them did to some extent. But the one I do remember is Torque of the Town

That gave me significantly more trouble than any of the others, and in the end I only managed to beat it by 0.04 seconds.

Mental Block from the style set was kind of tough too

• Like 1

On 31-3-2018 at 2:07 PM, APCGrayLocked said:

gosh, those unfair prestige events. I'm stuck at the second event of Manu and i do not want to return to it very soon, unless EA finally fixes the broken IA.

Yeah the AI is so annoying but they probably won't fix it, It is f*cking EA. ?

On 31-3-2018 at 4:55 AM, Shadiochao said:

It's been almost two years so I can't really remember the specific ones that gave me the hardest time, because most of them did to some extent. But the one I do remember is Torque of the Town

That gave me significantly more trouble than any of the others, and in the end I only managed to beat it by 0.04 seconds.

Mental Block from the style set was kind of tough too

The time you need is 1:44 and i got 1:44;05 and 1:44;09. It is so unfair? You are a lucky man.

Edited by alanhoutman2

the time events are "easy". You must try and try and try again until you finally beat the damn time (made by a Pro with a Thrustmaster Wheel, i'm sure of that). But the drift events... geez, they're unfair. If you put manual gear, the IA will surpass you istantly and then you will not be able to reach the first position, because the IA has infinite nitro and does not drift, it reaches instantly the end of the race simply. If you put automatic gear, the IA will chase and bump you for the entire race, and you will have to fight to keep them behind you, while you are drifting, trying to beat the damn score.

To fix this, EA should simple do the following:

- fix the IA, so that the rubber band effect (if you go fast, IA will go fast then ever too) will disappear.

- decrease the time sets and the score sets (like add 5 seconds to the time sets, and decrease of 250.000 the score sets [or transform the silver medal requirement into the gold medal requirement {and create a new bronze requirement, because the bronze will become the silver in the process}])

- allow all of the cars (not just the damn Porsche and the damn Lamborghini) to beat the Prestige shit.

But yes, EA is always EA, so the chances that there will be a fix, are approximately to the zero. And the funny thing is that EA says that the events are beatable, because 10 players have done them. EA are you crazy? There are technical problems and you said that "the events are beatable".

Edited by APCGrayLocked

On 2-4-2018 at 8:36 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

the time events are "easy". You must try and try and try again until you finally beat the damn time (made by a Pro with a Thrustmaster Wheel, i'm sure of that). But the drift events... geez, they're unfair. If you put manual gear, the IA will surpass you istantly and then you will not be able to reach the first position, because the IA has infinite nitro and does not drift, it reaches instantly the end of the race simply. If you put automatic gear, the IA will chase and bump you for the entire race, and you will have to fight to keep them behind you, while you are drifting, trying to beat the damn score.

To fix this, EA should simple do the following:

- fix the IA, so that the rubber band effect (if you go fast, IA will go fast then ever too) will disappear.

- decrease the time sets and the score sets (like add 5 seconds to the time sets, and decrease of 250.000 the score sets [or transform the silver medal requirement into the gold medal requirement {and create a new bronze requirement, because the bronze will become the silver in the process}])

- allow all of the cars (not just the damn Porsche and the damn Lamborghini) to beat the Prestige shit.

But yes, EA is always EA, so the chances that there will be a fix, are approximately to the zero. And the funny thing is that EA says that the events are beatable, because 10 players have done them. EA are you crazy? There are technical problems and you said that "the events are beatable".

Yeah, why EA always have to do this to their customers. 

Finally Got Torque of the Town done, hopefully it will be easier from now on. "probably not"?

• 2 months later...
On 2.04.2018 at 8:36 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

I agree, I have been stuck on Use It Or Lose it event, after like 10 hours of trying I can drift pretty good through those corners but the real challange is staying at the top 3 at least so your multiplier will stay high and the AI will ram you of the corners whenever you try to make longer drifts. The guide says drift events are easier but I dont know how is this easier, I have done all speed events except the final one which unlocks after passing all 40 events and those drifts are certainly harder and luck based.

17 hours ago, Mami Tomoe said:

I agree, I have been stuck on Use It Or Lose it event, after like 10 hours of trying I can drift pretty good through those corners but the real challange is staying at the top 3 at least so your multiplier will stay high and the AI will ram you of the corners whenever you try to make longer drifts. The guide says drift events are easier but I dont know how is this easier, I have done all speed events except the final one which unlocks after passing all 40 events and those drifts are certainly harder and luck based.

Drift events are easier? What? Who writes these non sense? They're the hardest xD

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Drift events are easier? What? Who writes these non sense? They're the hardest xD

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4003-need-for-speed/45-gold-plated

here :D he says to start with drift events as they are suppose to be the easiest part of prestige mode. Touge events are BS imo because not only you have to be lucky so that AI wont disturb you but you also have to be skilled drifter, I finally managed to beat Use It Or Lose It event yesterday but countless times I have finished this event being 100-150k points short and from what I heard its not event the hardest one.

Edited by Mami Tomoe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2018 at 7:34 PM, Mami Tomoe said:

Ok so I finally managed to Gold all events and I must say the hardest ones were definitely Use It Or Lose it, Mental Block and On The Dream Team. I struggled a lot at the begining using automatic gears but once I switched to manual some events were a lot easier. Manual really saves the day when it comes to drift events. The final event was kind of stupid because not crashing all the way to the end was very hard. There are countless situations where an NPC cars spawns where it shouldnt and you cant do anything but crash. There are also some very easy events especially in Crew or Outlaw which took me about 20 mins. I saw people on other forums complaining a lot about EA not making it easier, making petitions about lowering the Gold requirements but honestly they are all very doable if you practice and put some effort. Good luck to anyone attempting this.

Congrats man! I think I spent over 30 days only playing this s**t until I get gold on every event. At first, I had the goal of achieving one gold per day, but some events took me 5-7 days to get it. But in others, they were quite easy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have to disagree, they are not very doable with practice, the fact that only 300 out of 202,300 have it in the few years now that it’s been out, it’s really not gamer friendly, I mean even if your awesome there’s server lag while your racing which is very common, AI is basically designed to send you into the walls, traffic spawns on your racing line, and the times can lag over the finish line, with all this in play it’s not really fair imo, the fact EA won’t change it just shows further how anti gamer they are, and once again prove why they’re the most hated company in gaming, except maybe recently, Bethesda could arguably have just taken that accolade, let’s start another partition guys, I’m in lol

It frustrates me as it’s so out of character with the difficulty of the rest of the game, it’s strange, like the gold requirement should be what the bronze is, then it would make sense to the rest of the game, I mean how can you smash the AI n win by a very healthy margin and still fail the event, not even to get a bronze, it’s just designed to screw over 100% hunters, and they have, we should fight back again now as they’re vulnerable at the moment following the disappointment of Battlefield 5 haha

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

No, the requirements aren't very doable. They're stressful and unfair. And the fact that if you don't use the Porsche or the Lamborghini, you CAN'T GET GOLD no matter how many times you try, it's bullshit. If they put as gold the silver requirement, THEN, the events will be very doable with practice.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

No, the requirements aren't very doable. They're stressful and unfair. And the fact that if you don't use the Porsche or the Lamborghini, you CAN'T GET GOLD no matter how many times you try, it's bullshit. If they put as gold the silver requirement, THEN, the events will be very doable with practice.

not sure why the devs decided to make this trophy but it's very insane. might be in the leagues of super meat boy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Well, you can with other vehicles as seen on youtube but is usually harder. A lot of the success is also to do with the car set up and it is doable as over 300 people have this trophy. But yeah this is probably the hardest thing I've done in gaming but also one of the most fun things too. I think it's nice to have very difficult challenges from time to time and it just takes dedication. I think the longest I spent on a single event was about 15 hours of playtime.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

No, the requirements aren't very doable. They're stressful and unfair. And the fact that if you don't use the Porsche or the Lamborghini, you CAN'T GET GOLD no matter how many times you try, it's bullshit.

Well I have to disagree with that, since I got some gold medal in drift events with the Mazda RX 7 and even with the Volkswagen Golf 1 (which is one of the first car)...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2

good for you, buddy. I've tried many times with Skyline, BMW M3 and even Toyota Supra but nothing. Only with Porsche and Lamborghini i've managed to beat gold on Spike's Event and the first Manu event (the second, i'm stuck there because, jesus christ, everytime i begin that drift race, immediately the IA attacks me xD). 

8 hours ago, olliebear66t said:

Well, you can with other vehicles as seen on youtube but is usually harder. A lot of the success is also to do with the car set up and it is doable as over 300 people have this trophy. But yeah this is probably the hardest thing I've done in gaming but also one of the most fun things too. I think it's nice to have very difficult challenges from time to time and it just takes dedication. I think the longest I spent on a single event was about 15 hours of playtime.

Compared to all basic races and manu dlc races wouldn't you agree that spending 15 hours on just one prestige race is bit much? I agree to those races being a BIT harder but they went too far ahead for my liking... For the record i only achieved bronze in all non drift events and 1 bronze in one drift event :( and i tried 5 hours on a 2nd drift event...

Don't bother. 

I remember trying the very first race and did it many times perfectly and struggled to get bronze.  At that point I knew what this bs was and delete the game.... did not even bother to get the other two trophies cuz I rather see 96% than 99%.

This is one of the reasons why I never bought Payback.

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

Your car's settings play the biggest part. You have to optimize your speed on every part of each race, because (and I know that it is frustrating but) what's the point of a perfect run if you're too slow... ?

There is good players who probably kept the same tune setup for all events but personally I had to adjust it for every single race and that was the funny part for me. Figure out which turn I take too slow; when my acceleration is too low; where I loose too much speed; where I have to brake, where I have to handbrake, or where I can take it without braking; where I have to drift and how, etc...

Edited by llljulll

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Compared to all basic races and manu dlc races wouldn't you agree that spending 15 hours on just one prestige race is bit much? I agree to those races being a BIT harder but they went too far ahead for my liking... For the record i only achieved bronze in all non drift events and 1 bronze in one drift event :( and i tried 5 hours on a 2nd drift event...

It's quite a long time but I wouldn't say too much. I did have one or two breaks in between as well as a sleep which was very useful but when you try for that long, eventually you will get it and it is very rewarding when you do; I think that was the torque of the town race, and all the other events took less time although some still in 5-10 hr range. But yeah overall getting gold on all prestige events took me pretty much 100 hours total but that can vary as I've seen people do it from 50 hours to 500, the latter I do think may be a bit much but depends how far your willing to go and you do gain skill while playing which makes it a bit easier as you get used to the physics of the game and how the car handles as well as the degree of technicality and perfection that is required of you. 

But yeah I would say that it definitely isn't for everyone as you do need to put a lot of time and effort in and is very skill based as well as some luck based when it comes to traffic and that if you're not having any sort of fun or satisfaction it's best to give up and just settle with the very easy platinum.

• 2 months later...

the clues that I took the most were remastered (9 hours approximately) wide and tight (8 hours approximately) ... the easiest thing was to chase the demons (the last one in blue) ... the mental block is also difficult but it did not take so much like the other two (it could be because it was the last track I made before the final and I already had 95 hours of total reproduction). The rest of the tracks were difficult, but I did not demand as much as the two that I mentioned before (at least for me)

• 5 months later...

Ugh I need 5 more golds (Mental block and 4 drift contests). So far I'll definitively say the drift events have been much easier after getting used to the difficulty after the first couple of yellow races.You essentially want to focus on only one track at a time (and using the videos of gold runs on youtube and picking certain checkpoints to match). All the times are pretty beatable and don't be discouraged if you are struggling with the "easy races" early on. Ironically enough I didn't find Torque of the Town too bad and beat it by almost 4 seconds. The Use it or Lose it event I beat the Gold score by almost 100k. It'll be different for everybody what you find as "hardest race."

My biggest tip would be to use ONLY the Porsche for the race/time trial events.I was able to get all golds with that car and it helps with the consistency of using the same car so you get really comfortable with it. The F1 car is too grippy for me and I couldn't use it (with the porsche the drifty tires prevent you from losing too much speed in corners).

*UPDATE: Finally got around to finishing this trophy today (3/30/20) and yeah this is by far the hardest trophy I've ever gotten. Clamping Down, Remastered, and Mental block basically need perfect runs to get imo. Good luck to anyone trying this it's quite tough and frustrating lol

Edited by hchang971
Finally got the trophy
  • Like 3