Prestige Mode 'Hardest Races'

MennoWoods2

On 1/14/2020 at 6:37 AM, hchang971 said:

Ugh I need 5 more golds (Mental block and 4 drift contests). So far I'll definitively say the drift events have been much easier after getting used to the difficulty after the first couple of yellow races.You essentially want to focus on only one track at a time (and using the videos of gold runs on youtube and picking certain checkpoints to match). All the times are pretty beatable and don't be discouraged if you are struggling with the "easy races" early on. Ironically enough I didn't find Torque of the Town too bad and beat it by almost 4 seconds. The Use it or Lose it event I beat the Gold score by almost 100k. It'll be different for everybody what you find as "hardest race."

My biggest tip would be to use ONLY the Porsche for the race/time trial events.I was able to get all golds with that car and it helps with the consistency of using the same car so you get really comfortable with it. The F1 car is too grippy for me and I couldn't use it (with the porsche the drifty tires prevent you from losing too much speed in corners).

As someone who quickly gave up on golds...what specs and cars are you using?

@Hvalpen I just used the same specs as the ones provided on the guide here on PSNProfiles. I think I might have messed with the specs twice for the Porsche (i don't really remember the exact settings) on Fish out of the Water and Japhet's flick using what I saw on youtube (just look up the track gold times ans there's only a few videos).I needed something driftier for those paritcular corners. 

I'd recommend starting the purple races as I found the first few are quite easy.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I’m currently at 24/41 golds and the Mental Block drifting event was by far the hardest one I’ve done so far. It took 11 hours worth of attempts whereas the longest any other event took me was 3 hours, wherein most events take under an hour for comparison.

Edit: I got 41/41 today and received the trophy as a result. I still think that Mental Block was by far the most difficult event. On The Dream Team was not the hardest race in my opinion but that might have been due to the experience I gained in the 40 events prior. 

Edited by damienjablonski